2015-2016 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UIC requires Certiphi. The fee for Certiphi is included in your AMCAS fees.

You will also be required to complete IdentoGo fingerprinting services ($52.50).
Will they be sending this info later or is something that we should already get done? I never got anything regarding this. I'm talking about the IdentoGo fingerprinting services

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone! I didn't receive any of this info either. Do we have to do this before August?

Today's the day for us decision pending folks!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! I didn't receive any of this info either. Do we have to do this before August?
So all the titer info is in the pamphlet that came along with the admission package. The 10-panel drug screening I think is for Chicago folks which is emailed to you with the admission checklist.

I have no idea about the finger print stuff.

Also all the titer and drug panel along with official transcripts are due by July 1st (as per the conversation I had with Pamela Slaughter).

Hope this helps!

Today's the day for us decision pending folks!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

Just checking because I'm a bit confused by the past few posts on this, have they confirmed this? I know one post said they said they'd let us know by the end of May so I'm just trying to avoid getting my hopes up about hearing back today haha.

Just checking because I'm a bit confused by the past few posts on this, have they confirmed this? I know one post said they said they'd let us know by the end of May so I'm just trying to avoid getting my hopes up about hearing back today haha.

I believe it was @bananafish94 who called last week and the committee said they would be meeting today.

So all the titer info is in the pamphlet that came along with the admission package. The 10-panel drug screening I think is for Chicago folks which is emailed to you with the admission checklist.

I have no idea about the finger print stuff.

Also all the titer and drug panel along with official transcripts are due by July 1st (as per the conversation I had with Pamela Slaughter).

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot!!

I just called and the person on the phone said he didn't know if the admissions committee was meeting today, and even if they did decisions wouldn't be sent out today.
What is this person even being paid for? :mad:

I just called and the person on the phone said he didn't know if the admissions committee was meeting today, and even if they did decisions wouldn't be sent out today.
He/She is kinda right. They don't send them out right away, instead do it tomorrow or Monday. Since it is May already, they might just scan your decision and send it to you. When did you have your interview?

Yeah, definitely don't count on getting info from them the adcom purposely keep them out of the blue so they can't provide info even if they wanted to. It's like Comcast customer support. They have a scripted response to general questions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Well thank you for calling and keeping us updated. I just deleted the beginnings of like 5 different bitter comments regarding this admissions process lol. I will now take a moment to resummon some patience.

I'd bet they're meeting today. They have to:
A) Make a waitlist, and
B) Pull people off the waitlist, and it's almost June!
Plus, somebody explicitly told me last week that they are meeting today. It would be super weird if they just said a specific date and it wasn't true. But even if they do meet today, I'd be quite surprised if we heard any decisions. Generally the portal updates have been made a couple business days after the meeting. Luckily, we may not have to wait for the mail if they keep doing what they did last month with the emails.

Got off the waitlist at Rush. Still organizing for financial things, but I'm most likely matriculating there. Hope one of you guys get my spot, or join me at Rush!

Reactions: 2 users
He/She is kinda right. They don't send them out right away, instead do it tomorrow or Monday. Since it is May already, they might just scan your decision and send it to you. When did you have your interview?

Haha no I know, it's why I was irritated, because he told me nothing that I didn't already know :p
I interviewed in January. I'm not that worried about it. It'll happen when it happens.

You gotta understand that you may be representing UIC in the future and you are acting really unprofessional. Your posts will be viewed by future applicants who are in similar situations and speaking like that about UIC staff is very unsettling. Thanks for calling me an asshat.
I really don't think this is worth getting upset over o_O Plus, criticism is not necessarily unprofessional (not that I was trying to be professional because I really don't care all that much). Should we just pretend that every medical school is perfect and has no issues, because to do otherwise and point out their flaws would be unprofessional?

Maybe it is just because I have worked in positions that did not have any control over a situation and had to deal with people like you. No idea. Good luck.
Lol you do realize that you're being just as rude as I was, right? You're also judging ME for reacting to a situation that I have no control over. I think you're just bitter that I was slightly irritated with the school you'll be attending. But whatever.

FeeA1uh.gif

I'm losing hair and getting zits. This uncertainty is brutal. Gives me conniptions.

This is just convincing that if I get in I'll try to help out on interview days and alleviate interviewees

^ same. i hope by monday or tuesday we'll know. although it seems like last round of decisions were released on a friday?

i called. i was told they met and that we should be notified by next week.

If anyone was still wondering what is required before the fall, there is a list that was posted earlier this week on blackboard! It has everything from transcripts to the respiratory fit test..

If anyone was still wondering what is required before the fall, there is a list that was posted earlier this week on blackboard! It has everything from transcripts to the respiratory fit test..
Is this only for Chicago or for all campuses? Where would we find this info on blackboard?

Let's hope us Decision Pending peeps hear back tomorrow! :xf:

Let's hope us Decision Pending peeps hear back tomorrow! :xf:
I feel like we won't... Has the committee ever met and not updated the portal either the day of the meeting or the day after? I feel like if they had met last week they would have updated the portals already.

Anyone heard anything regarding site appeals? Based on last years thread Im hoping for a call this week.
Also anyone on the GMED waitlist have any movement?

Anyone heard anything regarding site appeals? Based on last years thread Im hoping for a call this week.
Also anyone on the GMED waitlist have any movement?
I know two ppl that got the appeal, and both cases involve their mothers having some form of severe illness that requires constant care. That's not to say no one else gets it though.

If you are Decision Pending:

I just called admissions, and the woman I spoke to said they are sending out snail mail today. These can still be acceptances/waitlists/rejections. It sounds like they won't be updating the status page or sending emails first, so watch your mailbox. If you're as anxious as me to hear back, you can call the admissions office on Thursday 10am-4pm for a final decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
They said the exact same thing about a month ago (except for the 'call on Thursday' part). They said everyone will be able to figure out their results by end of April. Then, one or two business days after, results from that month's committee meeting were released through the status page (or.. no one got the results.. don't remember now).

My take is, we might be able to see the results through the website before tomorrow ends, just like how it has been every month..