2015-2016 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED by some miracle! Don't give up hope everyone! I interviewed November 1st, thought one of my interviews didn't go very well, and broke down sobbing today when I got accepted. Wishing everyone else the best of luck and rooting for all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED by some miracle! Don't give up hope everyone! I interviewed November 1st, thought one of my interviews didn't go very well, and broke down sobbing today when I got accepted. Wishing everyone else the best of luck and rooting for all of you!
Congrats, mind sharing stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anymore info on when they will be finished with the interviews/final list?

Reactions: 1 user
I have a friend who was recently accepted here, although that person will be turning down this acceptance to go elsewhere.

I declined my interview spot so I hope it goes to someone else. Good luck.

any word on when the last interviews are/when final decisions will be released? assuming at the end of the month but just wanted to see if anyone who interviewed recently has better info

Last I heard interviews end the last full week of this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone spoke with the adcom, or recently interviewed, and know when the final decisions will be sent out??

Has anyone spoke with the adcom, or recently interviewed, and know when the final decisions will be sent out??
+1, also, not sure if it will be the same
This year but last year I'm pretty sure it was Friday Feb 20th that people were finding out. So if that's the case, looks like it will be Friday Feb 19th this year. One more week, possibly!

Hello y all I was admitted to MIZZOU and I know I will go there. I was wondering if someone already in school or someone who like me knows he will go there was looking for a room mate.And for the current students I would appreciate if someone could tell me how is the housing in Columbia. Thanks
For those still waiting best of luck to you, it is not an easy wait but it worths it

I have decided I am going to attend Mizzou and have started looking for roommates. I found a place I want to live, so if anyone is looking for a roommate please let me know and we can discuss details. Thanks

So does anyone happen to know when we may hear from Mizzou next?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Probably this Friday or next. Their board seems to meet on one of the last Thursdays of the month, then send out emails the following morning.

Reactions: 1 users
if anyone knows for sure which week please do tell! good luck to everyone waiting for a final decision...not super optimistic at this point but hoping for the best.

It seems like the people they really like, they'll accept the Friday of the week they interviewed but for everyone else, it's been the last Friday of every month. So next Friday? I'm pretty sure.

Does anyone think we'll be hearing today? They found out this day last year I'm pretty sure

I'm thinking it will be next Friday.
I was curious if anyone has spoken with them to see if they were on track to finish interviews next week or if they were set back. This several month waiting game is painful..

Hello y all I was admitted to MIZZOU and I know I will go there. I was wondering if someone already in school or someone who like me knows he will go there was looking for a room mate.And for the current students I would appreciate if someone could tell me how is the housing in Columbia. Thanks
For those still waiting best of luck to you, it is not an easy wait but it worths it

I have decided I am going to attend Mizzou and have started looking for roommates. I found a place I want to live, so if anyone is looking for a roommate please let me know and we can discuss details. Thanks

I'm for sure going to Mizzou as well, and I've been wondering about housing also. I've applied for a place already, but was told the wait list is long and I don't have a great chance of getting a place there. I'm torn between the peace and quiet of living by myself (as I do now) and living with a roommate (which I think there would also be advantages to). If I don't get the place I've applied for, and I do decide to try and find a roommate, does anyone have any advice on the best way to do so? There's a FB group for class of 2020 set up that I'm a member of, but save for one post about some older medical students looking for a roommate, no one has really discussed it.

Also, just in case anyone is curious, there are 61 members in the FB group so that tells you about how many spots have been filled so far (because I can't imagine you would join if not for sure going). I think 3 of those member are older admin students though.

For those discussing it, last year I received my rejection email on the 20th of February, so the second to last week of Feb., same as today, but I think that was unusually early.

Anyway, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

SOOOOOOO I received an II invite in my SPAM folder last month SMH...just realized

Oh my I am so so sorry to hear this! That is terrible

Oh my I am so so sorry to hear this! That is terrible

IT HURTS SO BAD because I would have loved to interview here but currently I have enough money for 1 more flight for interview season. I hope my interview went/goes out to one of you out there.

Good luck to all in the running!

I just realized that this year's acceptance will be for the graduation year 2020. Class of opthalmologists? The current doctors I work for would love that.

I just realized that this year's acceptance will be for the graduation year 2020. Class of opthalmologists? The current doctors I work for would love that.

Hey Redstone, have you been in touch with admissions recently? Saw somewhere you said interviews might end this week, but didn't know if that was a hunch or based on insider knowledge! :)

Everyone will know his or her final status on Friday. I've talked with admissions recently.

Reactions: 3 users
Will it be email or regular?!

Good luck to everyone! I'm excited and nervous for you all. I remember how nerve-wracking it was for me last year.

Does anyone have any idea when the e-mails will be sent tomorrow morning?

ACCEPTED!!! Just ran a lap around the lab at work once I got the email. Never thought it would happen after my interview, since it certainly didn't go as well as I'd have liked. Hope everyone else is in for the same amazing news!

Oh man, I'm totally losing my ****.

Accepted. Oh ****. Oh ****.

As of Wednesday, there were 80 acceptances given out, so 24 spots open as of 2 days ago. Then 104 spots for the alternate list... The wait is definitely torture!

I still haven't heard myself. I was told I would be notified either today or Monday.

I just got an email about 10 minutes ago and was placed on the alternate list..

Hi all: just got my notification of being on the alternate list about 10 minutes ago. The email said you could reply to it to learn what tertile you are in, and I have done so -- will update when they get back to me! I am OOS with strong ties to Missouri (from STL), non-traditional applicant with an MPH. I interviewed on December 9th. Good luck to everyone!

Update: I'm in the bottom 1/3rd tertile, so after sleeping on it I'm probably going to relinquish my spot. I've been admitted to Emory since Thanksgiving, so no point waiting around for a cheaper/closer to home option when I'm already in elsewhere!

Best of luck to everyone and I hope my drop-off helps someone else!

Last edited: