2015-2016 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted, can't believe it!
Awesome!!! Do you mind sharing stats?! Don't feel obligated if you don't want to. Jw

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted this morning as well! I am absolutely shocked and words cannot describe my excitement. I didn't think I was capable of actually crying tears of joy but it definitely happened. I'm more than happy to share the love and answer any questions about stats or the wonderful interview day. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did any of you guys get accepted today after interviewing earlier in the cycle and getting the status unchanged email at the end of October and/or November??

This is what I"m wondering. I'm guessing not, but who knows.

I interviewed before December, which only added to my shock

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview invite here in late January. OOS and competitive but with an average MCAT. Was wondering what some of your thoughts/impressions about the school were.

Was wondering what some of your thoughts/impressions about the school were.

Congrats! I can best sum up the school with "relaxed." From the minute you're greeted in the office I feel everything is so much less tense than other schools. The interviewers were extremely kind and interested. The school is incredibly transparent about the admission process, what they look for, and what to expect in medical school. They'll literally answer any question. I was personally extremely impressed with the medical school/hospital. Everything is fairly new and they're in the middle of construction for another building for the medical school. The layout was intuitive as well (how buildings are connected). The students I met were wonderful and friendly and shared a wealth of information about opportunities to take advantage of. Hope that helps!

~3.7, 506, biochem major, OOS but undergrad here, complete 11/4
work with rural med, research, TAing, leadership, etc.

What's the acceptance rate for OOS? Also, is the school pass/fail/honors?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have some info from an old thread and the website. Not sure how accurate it is though.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1450566101.512523.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1450566112.563183.jpg

Hi all! I was accepted on Friday as well. I was a reapplicant and interviewed early November. My MCAT wasn't the best (I took the old MCAT, it was a little below 30, don't want to give specifics) but my GPA was good (3.96). I'm an in-state applicant. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has about the interview process, reapplying or whatever else. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those still waiting for good news!

Last edited:
Hi all! I was accepted on Friday as well. I was a reapplicant and interviewed early November. My MCAT wasn't the best (I took the old MCAT, it was a little below 30, don't want to give specifics) but my GPA was good (3.96). I'm an in-state applicant. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has about the interview process, reapplying or whatever else. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those still waiting for good news!

Congrats and thanks for the info

I was told that generally, the top 1/3 of the waitlist ends up getting an invite, so there is still quite a lot of chance to get in.

If I remember correctly, I was told at my interview that last year, the top 2/3 of the wait list ended up getting an acceptance. I could be wrong though, but I remember being told that!

Last year they reached the top of the bottom 1/3.

I was told during my interview last year that the top 1/3 pretty much always gets in, and this year when I re-interviewed I was told that the top 2/3 actually got in last year, which is unusual. This matches with what I already knew to be true though. One of my friends was wait listed in the middle third last year and was eventually accepted. So if you get wait listed anywhere in the top 2/3 then there's hope, but if you are wait listed in the top 1/3 it is basically a guarantee.

How many total do they accept for 104 spots?

At my interview it was explained that they accept the top 104 from the ranked list and then place the next 104 on the wait list. So it varies from year to year how many are actually accepted. Last year they accepted 180 (so top 76 out of 104 on the wait list made it in but I do not think this is typical.)

These are the class of 2019 stats that we were given in our packet on interview day.

Class size: 104
Average MCAT: 30.3
Average GPA: 3.79
Total applications: 2,003
Interviews scheduled: 403
Applicants accepted: 180
Age range: 20-45
Female: 49%
Male: 51%
Geographic representation: 78% MO residents

At my interview it was explained that they accept the top 104 from the ranked list and then place the next 104 on the wait list. So it varies from year to year how many are actually accepted. Last year they accepted 180 (so top 76 out of 104 on the wait list made it in but I do not think this is typical.)

These are the class of 2019 stats that we were given in our packet on interview day.

Average MCAT: 30.3
Average GPA: 3.79
Total applications: 2,003
Interviews scheduled: 403
Applicants accepted: 180
Age range: 20-45
Female: 49%
Male: 51%
Geographic representation: 78% MO residents

Turns out I still have my packet from the previous year I interviewed and only 159 were accepted for the class of 2018.

Stats

Avg MCAT: 30.2
Avg GPA: 3.76
Total applications: 1,747
Interviews scheduled: 456
Applicants accepted: 159
Age range: 22-44
Female: 44%
Male: 56%
Geographic representation: 84% MO residents

Rejected today via email. Good luck!

What is a typical interview at Mizzou like? Are they pretty laid back or are they going to ask you super crazy details about your resume?

Just an encouragement to everyone waiting, don't stress too much about not getting in. There will be plenty of time to worry about school once we get there! And to those of you who weren't accepted this year, don't take it as the end of the world. Speaking as a reapplicant, it hurts, but life goes on. Take time to do things you enjoy, gain some new experiences, and not just medical ones.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the next interview invite "round" occurs? Last I heard it was near the end of the month but I thought I'd ask.

What is a typical interview at Mizzou like? Are they pretty laid back or are they going to ask you super crazy details about your resume?
just be prepared to talk for 2 hours.. each interview is an hour long. they're pretty laid back but I've heard that it can be much different based on who you interview with..

Rejected pre-II this morning, good luck everybody!

Rejected pre-II. IS, >30 MCAT, >3.50 GPA (~3.95 sGPA). Secondary complete early August.
Hundreds of hours of volunteering and shadowing, student leadership positions, undergrad and graduate level research.
Really strong relationships with my LORs, was told my PS was solid.

Don't really know what else it could have been.

Last edited:
Who's ready for the next round of acceptances? We've been a bit quiet on here lately.

Reactions: 2 users