2015-2016 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's what I'm hoping. I was under the impression that we would hear today either way.
They haven't sent out the alternate emails yet. If you are on the alternate list, you should receive an email by Tuesday. If you didn't make the alternate list, there should be a letter from UW in the next few weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who interviewed for Washington TRUST (2/1/16-2/3/16) know when we should expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump! I'm curious about this too! Anything you tips/advice you wish you knew when applying to UWSOM.
Congrats everyone on the acceptances/IIs, or good luck to those SUC.
Any help is appreciated.
According to admissions selecting Seattle/Spokane or just Seattle doesn't matter since they have final say in where you go anyways. As far as tips and advice that I wish I knew before applying. I probably should have waited to apply until I had a few more solid years of experience. While I do have some really meaningful experiences in medicine, I am still pretty young. The average age of an applicant is 26 yrs and I am well below that. So now I'm shaking in my boots hoping that being so young won't hold me back too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, got declined for TRUST. Best of luck to those still in the running.

And now, I join the SUC list for the general class :cryi:

Well, got declined for TRUST. Best of luck to those still in the running.

And now, I join the SUC list for the general class :cryi:

Sorry to hear that. Just wondering, is it a kind of auto SUC deal or did you get a specific SUC email?

Sorry to hear that. Just wondering, is it a kind of auto SUC deal or did you get a specific SUC email?

The SUC is included in the TRUST denial email. The email is titled: UWSOM Application: Still Under Consideration and mentions that though I was declined admission to TRUST I will be under consideration for the regular MD program.

I know the final adcom meeting is in March, but does anyone know what time during the month it'll take place? Interviewed in early October and can't take the wait much longer!

Reactions: 2 users
I know the final adcom meeting is in March, but does anyone know what time during the month it'll take place? Interviewed in early October and can't take the wait much longer!
It looks like early March based on past years' threads. I'm right there with you waiting for ages. I'll have my first white hair before UW finally makes a decision.

This wait has been brutal for me. Ive been trying to stay positive but it's tough and nerveracking waiting this long

Hold tight everyone! Second look is March 25th, so I am sure UWSOM will try to get all their acceptances our before then. Since the very beginning of the app cycle (like July!), I've consistently heard from UWSOM Students that, from their understanding/experience, most of their class heard the news in March (say 75-80%). So there will be a good amount of acceptances going out, hoping for a lot of SDNers to hear back positive news!

To all the SUCs, stay strong...the end is near!

Reactions: 4 users
Hold tight everyone! Second look is March 25th, so I am sure UWSOM will try to get all their acceptances our before then. Since the very beginning of the app cycle (like July!), I've consistently heard from UWSOM Students that, from their understanding/experience, most of their class heard the news in March (say 75-80%). So there will be a good amount of acceptances going out, hoping for a lot of SDNers to hear back positive news!

To all the SUCs, stay strong...the end is near!

Makes me feel a little better thanks for the reminder! Hopefully we'll be seeing you next year!:xf:

Last year I interviewed on like 01/12/15, I got SUC x2 and I found out about rejection on 3/11/15. I hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I interviewed on like 01/12/15, I got SUC x2 and I found out about rejection on 3/11/15. I hope that helps!
So a month from today (edit: or sooner) we'll all know whether we're in, out, or on the waitlist. Yay. Finally.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the encouragement, @charlie517!

I wish I felt better about my interview. It makes the wait tougher.:sorry: Hopefully, we'll be joining you this fall! Has anyone heard back this week?

Thanks for the encouragement, @charlie517!

I wish I felt better about my interview. It makes the wait tougher.:sorry: Hopefully, we'll be joining you this fall! Has anyone heard back this week?

Nothing. And i know what you mean.. Ever since the interview ive been thinking about how crappy some of my answers must have sounded hahah

Nothing. And i know what you mean.. Ever since the interview ive been thinking about how crappy some of my answers must have sounded hahah

Same here. :sick: I keep finding myself re-playing the interview in my head.

I wonder if they're planning to have an EXCOM meeting this month. Have you been waiting for a while?

I wonder if they're planning to have an EXCOM meeting this month. Have you been waiting for a while?

I believe they have an EXCOM meeting this Friday (2/26) since that is the last regional interview (Idaho)

Since this first week of october

I believe they have an EXCOM meeting this Friday (2/26) since that is the last regional interview (Idaho)

That's true. Nervously waiting until then. :sorry:

Wishing the best of luck to our Idaho interviewees this week! I wish we had more opportunities to meet with you guys!

Does anyone know how many Idaho applicants are being interviewed this week?

Idaho applicant checking in - Interview today. Not sure how many individual applicants are being interviewed this week, but when I signed up online they only had Monday - Wednesday available. I don't know if there were more days before I got on that filled up or not.

Idaho applicant checking in - Interview today. Not sure how many individual applicants are being interviewed this week, but when I signed up online they only had Monday - Wednesday available. I don't know if there were more days before I got on that filled up or not.

Idaho applicant interviewing on Wednesday. Any words of wisdom for me??

You've gotten this far, and earned this interview. Just relax, be yourself and talk about the awesome things you've done.

Last but not least, put in a good word for me.

Reactions: 6 users
http://news.gonzaga.edu/2016/14778

@BABSstudent or any other student or whomever have any insight on this? The logistics of this, whether there will be more students accepted for spokane campus, whether they will retain their current campus in Spokane, etc.?
From what I understand, new students will be at the Gonzaga campus in Spokane. No big changes to what curriculum will be taught, just changing the location of 1st/2nd year classes. 3rd and 4th year remains unchanged. And the class size will apparently be 60/yr there. This is all due to WSU starting a medical school using the building UW helped fund. The WWAMI partnership has changed to include Gonzaga to stay physically located in Spokane.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

From what I understand, new students will be at the Gonzaga campus in Spokane. No big changes to what curriculum will be taught, just changing the location of 1st/2nd year classes. 3rd and 4th year remains unchanged. And the class size will apparently be 60/yr there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks.

I received silence for a month... Did anyone who interviewed recently in Seattle hear about when the next EXCOM meeting is happening? Many thanks!

I received silence for a month... Did anyone who interviewed recently in Seattle hear about when the next EXCOM meeting is happening? Many thanks!

Hi, @huskygirl123!

I interviewed this month and am also waiting on updates. From what others mentioned, EXCOM meetings usually happen after regional interviews. They're going through interviews this week for Idaho so there may be one this Friday. :wideyed:

During my interview day, one of the admissions staff mentioned that we would likely hear updates within 2 weeks or the 1st week of March.

I hope that helps!

Hi, @huskygirl123!

I interviewed this month and am also waiting on updates. From what others mentioned, EXCOM meetings usually happen after regional interviews. They're going through interviews this week for Idaho so there may be one this Friday. :wideyed:

During my interview day, one of the admissions staff mentioned that we would likely hear updates within 2 weeks or the 1st week of March.

I hope that helps!
Sure helps, thanks!!!

@huskygirl123, I interviewed in Seattle this past week (felt like I bombed :( ) and the administration did say we would find out by early-mid March. Looking at last year's thread looks like 3/11/16 we'll find out. Pure speculation but I hope that helps!

Idaho WWAMI applicant here. Accepted about 2 hours ago, got the phone call from my ExCom member. Super ecstatic and will definitely be matriculating in the fall. Excited to meet my fellow Idaho WWAMI folks come August!

Idaho WWAMI applicant here. Accepted about 2 hours ago, got the phone call from my ExCom member. Super ecstatic and will definitely be matriculating in the fall. Excited to meet my fellow Idaho WWAMI folks come August!

Congrats! When did you interview?

Also, did they say anything about contacting others tonight?

Congrats, @SmurfTurf! :giggle:

I'm getting nervous now! Have any Seattle applicants heard back today?

Does everyone from one particular interview session/week hear on the same day yay/nay or do they spread them out?

When do we get the information to set up our UW NetID accounts?

It sounds like they might have only reviewed Idaho WWAMI applicants today. I know a few other people from Idaho got calls today, but it doesn't seem any Seattle people got any decisions.

I got the call around 1500 and have been accepted! Idaho student. I interviewed on 2/25 and got a call within 24 hours. It was so amazing to have that turn around. I will see my Idahoans come Fall!

I got the call around 1500 and have been accepted! Idaho student. I interviewed on 2/25 and got a call within 24 hours. It was so amazing to have that turn around. I will see my Idahoans come Fall!

Was it a 208 number? I got a call yesterday around 3:20pm but I missed it. I am wondering if it it was them.

Any Idaho applicants that interviewed back in January get a phone call? I'm trying to figure out how they are going to evaluate the two groups.

Any Idaho applicants that interviewed back in January get a phone call? I'm trying to figure out how they are going to evaluate the two groups.

You interviewed in January for Idaho and have not received word yet? That gives me some hope as I interviewed this week and it seems all of the immediate acceptances were given out yesterday :(. Or maybe they're not done making calls yet. Still depressed.

Was it a 208 number? I got a call yesterday around 3:20pm but I missed it. I am wondering if it it was them.
Yes it was a 208 number! I answered it immediately because I did not know who it was. Hopefully it was them :D