-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by tarheel1408
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No portal change no II no nothing...
Same here. Not a word since I received the "your app is complete" email in September. No email and no status update.
Been about a week since the status change, but still no email. Weird.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been about a week since the status change, but still no email. Weird.
If it makes you feel any better, I'd admit you just for that username!
+1Been about a week since the status change, but still no email. Weird.
Does anyone know if parents are invited to second look?
Don't want to be that one guy that shows up with his mom in tow lol
Don't want to be that one guy that shows up with his mom in tow lol
Ive seen people bring parents on previous threads. Ill be bringing my husband.Does anyone know if parents are invited to second look?
Don't want to be that one guy that shows up with his mom in tow lol
Got an II recently! FWIW, radio silence since complete email last fall so I submitted an update/interest letter and got the II not long after. There was enough time in between where I'm not sure if the II resulted from the letter or not, but for those still waiting it may be worth your time to give it one last shot.
They were scheduling for first half of March when I called.
They were scheduling for first half of March when I called.
Does anyone know if parents are invited to second look?
Don't want to be that one guy that shows up with his mom in tow lol
Some (20-30% maybe) do bring their parents, spouses, partners, etc...
Congrats! Did your portal change at all? Or did you still have the "you will be continuously reviewed throughout the cycle" status. I got the " you will be hearing about your status soon" like two weeks ago, but no correspondence since.II this week!! Yay!!
me too!II this week!! Yay!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FWIW, I know a first-year here who didn't interview until March of last year... fingers crossed for you, @NotaCopGot an II recently! FWIW, radio silence since complete email last fall so I submitted an update/interest letter and got the II not long after. There was enough time in between where I'm not sure if the II resulted from the letter or not, but for those still waiting it may be worth your time to give it one last shot.
They were scheduling for first half of March when I called.
FWIW, I know a first-year here who didn't interview until March of last year... fingers crossed for you, @NotaCop
Thanks snufflef! Means more than you know
Closing in on 3.5 weeks...I need closure, ughhh.Been about a week since the status change, but still no email. Weird.
It's been quiet here...too quiet...
Does anyone have any idea when their last interview day is? I'd love to know when's the earliest they might dig into the waitlist
3/11
Really? Crap...3/11
lol I wish they would've just rejected people then. This is just cruel haha3/11
Rejected yesterday, good luck everyone!
+1Rejected yesterday, good luck everyone!
If anyone is interested, and for those looking back on the thread in years to come, this year vs. last year numbers. Peculiar that applicants went up but interview slots went down.
2014-2015 Cycle
-8528 applied
-571 interviewed
-248 accepted (not 100% sure on this just remember it was close to 250 and gut feeling says 248)
2015-2016 Cycle
-9114 applied
-475 interviewed
-projected to accept ~250 again, with ~30% coming from waitlist as per usual
2014-2015 Cycle
-8528 applied
-571 interviewed
-248 accepted (not 100% sure on this just remember it was close to 250 and gut feeling says 248)
2015-2016 Cycle
-9114 applied
-475 interviewed
-projected to accept ~250 again, with ~30% coming from waitlist as per usual
Last edited:
If anyone is interested, and for those looking back on the thread in years to come, this year vs. last year numbers. Peculiar that applicants went up but interview slots went down.
2014-2015 Cycle
-8528 applied
-571 interviewed
-248 accepted (not 100% sure on this just remember it was close to 250 and gut feeling says 248)
2015-2016 Cycle
-9114 applied
-475 interviewed
-projected to accept ~25o again, with ~30% coming from waitlist as per usual
What are your sources for these numbers?
I wish there was a way to know how many acceptances they have offered to people on the waitlist in past years. I know typically around 30% of the class comes from the waitlist but I'm assuming not everyone offered an acceptance from the waitlist decides to matriculate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How/when do accepted students hear about scholarship packages/financial aid?
I'll give it a shot since I was just reading about this... Info is on the website but I think it said no later than April 15 assuming you have everything submitted by deadline (today!!) and I'm assuming it's via email but don't quote me
Yes.I am pretty sure the committee meets tomorrow correct?
Anyone know?! I'm anxiously waiting!!What time do decisions normally come out?
Anyone know?! I'm anxiously waiting!!
Last edited:
I saw that from last year too. I was checking my email at 1am last night, as if somehow they would send an email at that time. Lol.I looked through the thread..someone had said after 11:30 but who knows.
Good Luck!I saw that from last year too. I was checking my email at 1am last night, as if somehow they would send an email at that time. Lol.
Last edited:
Oh jeez. I wonder what the interviewers at WF are looking for when they decide to accept/reject/waitlist?I know they have said in the past "by 4pm" so it seems you guys might be biting your nails for the better part of the afternoon today haha
Oh jeez. I wonder what the interviewers at WF are looking for when they decide to accept/reject/waitlist?
Dr. Grier gave a presentation at my school once where he actually spent quite a bit of time going through this, I can run through it with you via PM later if you'd like. Need to dig up my notes
Mine came about 1pm.I think they can come at any time. When I was accepted a few months back, it came at just after 9am, so it varies. Be patient, and good luck!
So MSAR lists 25-35 for typical # waitlist positions per year, but then lists 37 were accepted from waitlist last year....
Anybody speak to admissions recently or have any insight into this? I have a hard time believe it a WL spot is a guaranteed acceptance, but looking at these numbers would say otherwise
Anybody speak to admissions recently or have any insight into this? I have a hard time believe it a WL spot is a guaranteed acceptance, but looking at these numbers would say otherwise
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So MSAR lists 25-35 for typical # waitlist positions per year, but then lists 37 were accepted from waitlist last year....
Anybody speak to admissions recently or have any insight into this? I have a hard time believe it a WL spot is a guaranteed acceptance, but looking at these numbers would say otherwise
How do those numbers imply a guaranteed acceptance from the waitlist? The waitlist is usually well over 100 people. How would 37 getting in of the waitlist imply guaranteed acceptance?
Edit: I get the confusion though. But I'm pretty sure what it means is that it's usually between 25-35 people off the waitlist getting accepted, but that last year it was 37, so slightly more. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the total number of people on the waitlist.
Last edited:
How do those numbers imply a guaranteed acceptance from the waitlist? The waitlist is usually well over 100 people. How would 37 getting in of the waitlist imply guaranteed acceptance?
Edit: I get the confusion though. But I'm pretty sure what it means is that it's usually between 25-35 people off the waitlist getting accepted, but that last year it was 37, so slightly more. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the total number of people on the waitlist.
Yeah that was my confusion, seemed too good to be true of course but I get the wording now. I think I saw another school had total waitlist spots there so that's why I was mixed up
Yeah that was my confusion, seemed too good to be true of course but I get the wording now. I think I saw another school had total waitlist spots there so that's why I was mixed up
at my interview day someone mentioned they never accept more people than the number of seats so only ~120 offers are out at a time, since they offered 250 acceptances last year that must mean they offered the other ~120 spots to the wait list? and the 37 number are the wait list candidates that matriculated? ... not everyone offered a spot from the wait list ends up accepting it.
at my interview day someone mentioned they never accept more people than the number of seats so only ~120 offers are out at a time, since they offered 250 acceptances last year that must mean they offered the other ~120 spots to the wait list? and the 37 number are the wait list candidates that matriculated? ... not everyone offered a spot from the wait list ends up accepting it.
Ahhh yes very good point. Thanks for helping to clear up that ambiguity!
Ahhh yes very good point. Thanks for helping to clear up that ambiguity!
well that's my guess for those numbers - any one else hear that they don't over accept originally? I'm also hoping that is the case since I'm on the WL and its my top choice
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K