2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+5 OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get emails or just portal change? I'm still waiting, complete mid/late Sept

+8 OOS.

Did I seriously get 3 rejections this morning?!?! Jesus.

Everyone with portal changes, did you submit Late July or Early August? My status still says being reviewed but I submitted closer to beginning of September

Edit: sorry missed previous posts

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the same status change..lol Still waiting for the axe. Will probably get the email soon.

You will be receiving notification of your application status.

I feel a rejection coming on.

+ 100 oos. No email yet. Assumed I was silently rejected a while back so at least it won't be too disappointing.

So I was rejected today pre-II, but I'm IS and have similar stats to WF. Is it totally unprofessional to call up the admissions office and ask very politely what about my application didn't warrant an interview for purposes of applying at a later cycle?

So I was rejected today pre-II, but I'm IS and have similar stats to WF. Is it totally unprofessional to call up the admissions office and ask very politely what about my application didn't warrant an interview for purposes of applying at a later cycle?
I don't think that's an appropriate question. However, it would be alright to call and ask the admissions committee for "ways to improve your application and ways to become a stronger candidate/earn an interview" maybe preface that question with: "I'll be reapplying next cycle and Wake Forest is my top choice/dream school."

Reactions: 1 user
+ 100 oos. No email yet. Assumed I was silently rejected a while back so at least it won't be too disappointing.
+101 through email. I haven't been able to get into the portal since I submitted the secondary so no forewarning before I got crushed

I still haven't gotten an email. I guess that means they are going to personally call me to tell me I've been accepted without an interview!

Reactions: 6 users
I still haven't gotten an email. I guess that means they are going to personally call me to tell me I've been accepted without an interview!

haha I feel like I'm on the same boat..I've interviewed at a bunch of places and already heard back from few but complete silence from Wake. Hoping no news is good news for us (meaning our apps are still under consideration for II) although I highly doubt it hah.

"Yo dawg, we just wanted to let you know that, like, you're da bomb, and like, yeah you can come here fool. No interviews brah. See you in August bro"

Reactions: 1 users
sorry if this is a repeat but I'm a little confused. Does "You will be receiving notification of your application status" = rejection?

Never checked my portal but I just got the email :(

Just checked the portal. Neat. Can't wait for the email. Love you guys, stay strong.

Waiting to be the one who gets rejected without a status change............. Or an II?!? (Eventually?)

Sorry everyone who fell today!

Got the rejection email, five minutes after another rejection. The weekend can only go up from here

Finally got the rejection email. It went to my spam. I love how gmail tried to protect my feelings!

Reactions: 3 users
Rejection email at 1:39 AM

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Joining the rejection club. Man we all just got slaughtered out here

+1 billion rejected as well. This rivals the great slaughters of BU and Rochester

Huh, I have the portal change but no rejection email. Maybe there is still hope?

Huh, I have the portal change but no rejection email. Maybe there is still hope?
I had my portal change yesterday and I wasn't rejected until the middle of the night. They aren't sending the rejections out all at once

I had my portal change yesterday and I wasn't rejected until the middle of the night. They aren't sending the rejections out all at once

same I had a portal change yesterday morning and an email this morning. bye bye wake

Had a portal change on Friday, but haven't received any emails.

No portal change no II no nothing...

Reactions: 2 users
Or maybe we will get IIs! Probably not though lol
It's comforting that at least our fates have finally been determined! Waiting has proven to be the worst part of this process. Here's to expecting the worst but hoping for the best :)