2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will today be the day?! We will see....
Should one of us just call admissions and ask when they expect to release decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Should one of us just call admissions and ask when they expect to release decisions?
well, I got an acceptance elsewhere so I'm not so scared of calling them lol so I will call tomorrow morn if no one has heard anything!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, rejected pre-II just now. Good luck to all in the rest of the cycle!

LizzyM~68, OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the blood bath of 10/18/16.. rejected pre-II with a LM 67-69 and complete very first of September

Rejected as well. The email went on a lot about academic credentials, and seemed to imply that was the reason. My numbers are significantly higher than their averages, I guess it's just a generic email :shrug:
Oh well, best of luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
I was axed today pre-II. Complete mid-August, OOS. Good luck to those waiting for news!

Rejected as well. The email went on a lot about academic credentials, and seemed to imply that was the reason. My numbers are significantly higher than their averages, I guess it's just a generic email :shrug:
Oh well, best of luck to everyone waiting!

Yeah, same here. It's gotta be a generic email

I talked to one of the students after the interview and he said that they took a lot longer than they said they would in letting them know post interview. He was wait listed then accepted in March. So there might be a lot more waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have a feeling we will know tomorrow. At my interview they said they first send out rejections then acceptances/waitlist by 19th and that most people are waitlisted initially. But maybe they will take their time and we won't hear until later.

Reactions: 1 users
I just hope I survive longer until I hear some news... good news preferably.

Complete early August.

ugh... sorry to about the mass rejections everyone :(. I was completed second week of September and I can't tell if I have been spared or they're just not up to me yet lol...

Reactions: 1 users
ugh... sorry to about the mass rejections everyone :(. I was completed second week of September and I can't tell if I have been spared or they're just not up to me yet lol...

Friend was complete in mid-to-late September and they were rejected today

I was complete the first week of September and was just wondering the same things, I wonder how they're sifting through people if it doesn't seem to be exactly by submission date.

I was complete the first week of September and was just wondering the same things, I wonder how they're sifting through people if it doesn't seem to be exactly by submission date.

Sorry for being a nuisance, but by complete date do people mean the day they submitted all their secondaries and letters? I submitted my secondary and waited for ~2 weeks until I checked the portal to see that I was complete. For all I know, I could've been complete prior to that. So if someone submits 8/1 they might not be officially complete until 8/8 because they don't send complete emails.

Sorry for being a nuisance, but by complete date do people mean the day they submitted all their secondaries and letters? I submitted my secondary and waited for ~2 weeks until I checked the portal to see that I was complete. For all I know, I could've been complete prior to that. So if someone submits 8/1 they might not be officially complete until 8/8 because they don't send complete emails.
For some schools you aren't considered complete until they compile all your things together and update it, when I get a complete email that's when I consider myself complete, not sure if that's how everyone does it. Some schools change your status to complete immediately upon paying the fee.

For some schools you aren't considered complete until they compile all your things together and update it, when I get a complete email that's when I consider myself complete, not sure if that's how everyone does it. Some schools change your status to complete immediately upon paying the fee.

Yea but Albany requires you to check the portal daily after submitting all the materials to see the complete status since they don't send out emails

Welll, by what I see on my Albany portal, my application status date hasn't changed since everything was marked complete. So I assume that I was marked complete on 8/18 (the date shown). Does that make sense?

Complete around the same time as most of you but no rejection email yet.....
Welll, by what I see on my Albany portal, my application status date hasn't changed since everything was marked complete. So I assume that I was marked complete on 8/18 (the date shown). Does that make sense?

This portal is kind of confusing, I have to admit.
So you're saying that this:
upload_2016-10-19_8-55-20.png

says "Application status as of 8/18/2016"? and this:
upload_2016-10-19_8-56-5.png

still reflects that you are complete?

Complete around the same time as most of you but no rejection email yet.....

This portal is kind of confusing, I have to admit.
So you're saying that this:
View attachment 210001
says "Application status as of 8/18/2016"? and this:
View attachment 210002
still reflects that you are complete?

Agreed that the portal is kind of confusing. But yes - mine says "Application Status as of 8/18/2016" and I have "yes" all the way down. Mine hasn't changed since 8/18 and that's when all my other applications were marked as complete (its when my committee letter was finally submitted)

well, I got an acceptance elsewhere so I'm not so scared of calling them lol so I will call tomorrow morn if no one has heard anything!
Anyone receive anything yet? If not, namaste, are you still willing to throw the team on your back?

Reactions: 3 users
Just called the school. They won't release until early November. Could have sworn they told me mid October when I interviewed, oh well.

Reactions: 5 users
Agreed that the portal is kind of confusing. But yes - mine says "Application Status as of 8/18/2016" and I have "yes" all the way down. Mine hasn't changed since 8/18 and that's when all my other applications were marked as complete (its when my committee letter was finally submitted)

Lol after reading your first post I was absolutely confused. I checked my portal and it says status as of 10/18/2016 o_O

They DEFINITELY told us to expect to hear back around October 15th at my interview day. That is kind of annoying but whatever.

Reactions: 6 users
They DEFINITELY told us to expect to hear back around October 15th at my interview day. That is kind of annoying but whatever.

Today at interview she said mid October, then caught herself and said the start of November.

Today at interview she said mid October, then caught herself and said the start of November.
I saw earlier on the thread that the interview was closed file, but the SDN interview feedback for Albany also mentions conventional interview questions that seemed to indicate that it was open file. What was your experience?