2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw earlier on the thread that the interview was closed file, but the SDN interview feedback for Albany also mentions conventional interview questions that seemed to indicate that it was open file. What was your experience?

I had my interview September 13. It was completely close file. I only had one conventional interview question and my file was not needed to neither ask the question nor to fully understand my answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete Aug 1 and haven't heard anything, is no news good news for Albany?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the interview to acceptance rate for OOS?

II about an hour ago! OOS, complete mid July.

Reactions: 3 users
Rejections have been going out for a bit. I'd say no news is good news (for now) ;)

Yeah. No news is good news. But waiting has been so hard. Interviewed on 9/13. I check my email like 473927518164749 times a day

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today! Trying to schedule but can't get to the schedule page with dates because I am unable to crop the photo. Is anyone else having trouble with this?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Trying to schedule but can't get to the schedule page with dates because I am unable to crop the photo. Is anyone else having trouble with this?
I was trying on chrome, but you must apparently use firefox to get it to work right

To those of you who have already interviewed, what did you think of the school?

To those of you who have already interviewed, what did you think of the school?

Old facilities that are maze-like (to be expected of hospitals in my opinion).
Very friendly students, faculty, and staff! The students especially, all volunteered to spend their time touring and a Q&A section. I was impressed that a MS3 gave my tour and MS4 was in the Q&A. No prior interviews I've had even had MS3/4 students to talk to.

Last edited:
Albany Med has a very laid back environment. The students and the staff are very friendly and approachable. My only issue with the school is the sticker price and the fact that they have a high student indebtedness which means they probably don't have an overwhelming amount of need based aid to hand out. As someone who qualifies strongly for need-based aid, I imagine I will attend another school that can offer me a better financial package, but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted to Albany and what they might offer me.

Albany Med has a very laid back environment. The students and the staff are very friendly and approachable. My only issue with the school is the sticker price and the fact that they have a high student indebtedness which means they probably don't have an overwhelming amount of need based aid to hand out. As someone who qualifies strongly for need-based aid, I imagine I will attend another school that can offer me a better financial package, but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted to Albany and what they might offer me.
Not sure if you would qualify for or have interest in an armed forces scholarship but if you were accepted and it was your first choice that could be an option for funding

Withdrew my application today. I hope my interview spot goes out to one of you guys! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Is the MMI here conversational or do I need to talk about the topic for 8 minutes straight without any follow up questions?

Is the MMI here conversational or do I need to talk about the topic for 8 minutes straight without any follow up questions?

I think 'need' is a strong term for describing components to any interview as it's a personal interaction. Just go with the flow

For everyone who interviewed here already, did you prepare / what did you think were good preparation tools for this interview? This is my first MMI and I know many people say you really can't prepare for it, but any help would be appreciated! Thank you and good luck to everyone :)

ACCEPTED!!!! Didn't expect this so early!! Interviewed late august

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!!!!! Did they tell you mid November as well?
I called them a week or two ago representing SDNers haha and they told me not til early November. Maybe they just decided to reward my impatience and email early? lol

I called them a week or two ago representing SDNers haha and they told me not til early November. Maybe they just decided to reward my impatience and email early? lol
But did you identify yourself... that is the question!! Congratulations again!

But did you identify yourself... that is the question!! Congratulations again!
Yes I did! They made me give my AMCAS id number and everything.. I hung up like well there goes that haha. Thank you!!

Accepted as well and I thought I bombed the MMI! Interviewed in late August.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted student looking to badger a current student with some questions! If there are any current students on this thread I would so appreciate if I could PM you!

I was complete the first week of September and was just wondering the same things, I wonder how they're sifting through people if it doesn't seem to be exactly by submission date.
Yeah I am confused too. Submited 8/29 but no word yet and no changes to portal other than being complete.... Not sure if its good or bad that I am still standing

CONGRATS!

What date did you interview? Did hey notify you by email?

I interviewed on September 20th. I got an email, and the acceptance is a modification of the application site like the interviews were.

Uh oh... interviewed 9/16 but no news ..

Thats exactly what I said when I saw that people who interviewed after me got accepted here, "uh oh." I am not surprised though, I did bomb the MMI. I am just hoping that I got waitlisted instead of getting flat out rejected.

Withdrew II! Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Thats exactly what I said when I saw that people who interviewed after me got accepted here, "uh oh." I am not surprised though, I did bomb the MMI. I am just hoping that I got waitlisted instead of getting flat out rejected.

Yeah, I wasnt too optimistic about an outright acceptance since they stressed most applicants are put on the waitlist post II, but this just kind of confirms the possibility of being put on the waitlist. . Bummer... I thought the MMI went really well in my case however. Good luck to you!

Me too. Interviewed 9/13 :(

good luck to you also buddy. This wait is rough.

And congrats to those that were accepted. I have no doubt you all deserve it!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today as well but will be declining the offer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, I'm rooting for you!

Reactions: 7 users