2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted student looking to badger a current student with some questions! If there are any current students on this thread I would so appreciate if I could PM you!
I'm a first year and I'd be willing to answer any questions you may have! Congrats on your acceptance!! AMC is a great place to be!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year and I'd be willing to answer any questions you may have! Congrats on your acceptance!! AMC is a great place to be!!
Thank you so much!! Will be in touch soon!!

Got an email telling me I'm in the under consideration group...

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we're under consideration, do we have to wait until early June to find anything out or will they continue reviewing our app throughout? The email and website aren't aligning.

Waitlisted, the MMI went pretty well but I guess they waitlist a lot ..

So if we're under consideration, do we have to wait until early June to find anything out or will they continue reviewing our app throughout? The email and website aren't aligning.

They had said it was a gradual process. Some of the students got accepted a few weeks after being wait listed others didn't hear back until April so I think they continue reviewing throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlist, email doesnt say anything but are they receptive to updates while on the waitlist?

Waitlist, email doesnt say anything but are they receptive to updates while on the waitlist?

Unless something has changed, last year they said they did not accept any updates whatsoever

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred or wait listed or whatever that means. Oh well.

For all of you waitlisters, I'm a current first year who was on the "UC" list initially last year. They waitlist a lot of people, the list moves a lot, and a lot of my classmates were also off the UC list. Hope is far from lost, keep your chin up! It's still super early in the game!

Reactions: 1 users
For all of you waitlisters, I'm a current first year who was on the "UC" list initially last year. They waitlist a lot of people, the list moves a lot, and a lot of my classmates were also off the UC list. Hope is far from lost, keep your chin up! It's still super early in the game!

So what's the difference between the waitlist and the Under Consideration list? Is one better than the other ?

For first batch this round, I guess first send out acceptance letter, then waitlist letter, and then, maybe start from tomorrow, post-ii rejection??? :(

So what's the difference between the waitlist and the Under Consideration list? Is one better than the other ?

Yeah technically AMC doesn't use the term "waitlist," instead they use "UC." Then later in the cycle, like way later, in June I believe, they turn the UC list into an "alternate" list and they send rejections to the bottom portion of the UC list they know they won't get to I guess.

Yeah technically AMC doesn't use the term "waitlist," instead they use "UC." Then later in the cycle, like way later, in June I believe, they turn the UC list into an "alternate" list and they send rejections to the bottom portion of the UC list they know they won't get to I guess.

Ok thanks.

interviewed 9/20...placed in "under consideration" yesterday LizzyM 73 URM

Accepted this morning (via email), interviewed 9/26. LizzyM 73. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
Placed under consideration. Albany absolutely does not accept any updates, correct?

Underconsideration, interviewed 10/5

Anyone who interviewed on 10/13 heard back yet?

Under consideration :( the wait continues lol. Interviewed 10/13.

For all of you guys on the UC list like me, I was looking through last year's thread and noticed that there was a flurry of acceptances to people on the UC list in early December. So hold onto your hats!

Reactions: 1 users