-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
im sorry to hear that. what was your LizzyM and did they send you an email or was it a portal update?Rejected pre-II this morning. Complete mid/late September.
B
BadNewsBears2016
im sorry to hear that. what was your lizzym and did they send you an email or was it a portal update?
Lizzy M is deceiving because I'm pretty non-traditional (High 60s, low 70s). They informed me by email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Did you figure this out? I submitted an update letter too, but don't have any confirmation that it's there.I went on the portal to upload application updates only I am not sure if they uploaded? Does anyone have experience with this? Is there any sort of confirmation that your updates successfully uploaded? Thanks in advance.
Hey guys, been lurking here, got an II for 12/2, any tips?
Most relaxing interview I've had so far. I know everyone says this, but just be yourself and you're going to be fine. They're not trying to grill you or anything, it seems like they genuinely want to get to know you.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Today has got to be the day right ? They reviewed a batch on the 17th....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Today has got to be the day right ? They reviewed a batch on the 17th....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They're usually good with announcing the decision date on FB/Twitter. I would keep an eye on there
Waitlisted back on the 17th just forgot to post it. Good luck everyone!
It's feeling like today's not the day...
The website says within 2-3 weeks of the committee meeting, so it could be next MondayThis wait is driving me a little crazy
Tell me abt it! I have another interview next week too! This is my first choice, so if I get in i prolly won't need to go to the other one!
This makes me feel better. I'm so nervous for this interview because I would LOVE to go to this school.Most relaxing interview I've had so far. I know everyone says this, but just be yourself and you're going to be fine. They're not trying to grill you or anything, it seems like they genuinely want to get to know you.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator:
rejected pre II via portal update, not email- complete late august
Last edited:
I was complete 8/17..still "Marked Complete" wondering if they just forgot about me [emoji848]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol I was complete since the first day and JUST got put on hold.I was complete 8/17..still "Marked Complete" wondering if they just forgot about me [emoji848]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Most relaxing interview I've had so far. I know everyone says this, but just be yourself and you're going to be fine. They're not trying to grill you or anything, it seems like they genuinely want to get to know you.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
thank you for the tip 🙂
did you have to do a lot of walking? I want to prepare myself mentally for the cold/rain
Last edited:
Any II's for people who were complete end of August, early September?
I was complete around that time and received an II about a month ago.Any II's for people who were complete end of August, early September?
Walking takes place mostly inside the building!thank you for the tip 🙂
did you have to do a lot of walking? i'm from CA so I want to prepare myself mentally for the cold/rain
I was complete around the same time and I'm on neither hold or got an IIAny II's for people who were complete end of August, early September?
I was complete around the same time and I'm on neither hold or got an II
+1
For those of you waiting (anxiously) for the next wave of decisions:
I courageously called and asked. They said they re still waiting to hear the final decisions from the admissions committee. And will prolly hear within the next few days if not some time next week.
So hang in there everyone! And you re welcome xD
I courageously called and asked. They said they re still waiting to hear the final decisions from the admissions committee. And will prolly hear within the next few days if not some time next week.
So hang in there everyone! And you re welcome xD
D
drnala15
Every morning at 9am eastern time I have a small heart attack as I check my email.... I think Case might be trying to kill me with this wait
.
.II in early October. Complete end of AugustAny II's for people who were complete end of August, early September?
Guys, check your portals! No other notifications yet:
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji7][emoji7]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji7][emoji7]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Guys, check your portals! No other notifications yet:
View attachment 210510
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji7][emoji7]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
CONGRATS!
Whelp... now I will be checking my status several times a day...
Congrats! Any tips for the interview?Guys, check your portals! No other notifications yet:
View attachment 210510
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji7][emoji7]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Guys, check your portals! No other notifications yet:
View attachment 210510
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji7][emoji7]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS I JUST CHECKED AND I GOT IN!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My portal has the date 11/4/2016 but nothing below. Anyone else getting that?
D
drnala15
Ahhhhh ACCEPTED
My top choice of schools for sure! I interviewed 9/30 and was complete early July! Lizzy M 73
My top choice of schools for sure! I interviewed 9/30 and was complete early July! Lizzy M 73
D
deleted779782
My portal has the date 11/4/2016 but nothing below. Anyone else getting that?
I had that too, and just now got the rejection email at 9am. A great way to start my Saturday morning, to be sure.
Interviewed 9/26, LizzyM 75.
Same hereAlternate list 🙁 Definitely is my top choice school so I'm kinda bummed. Does anyone know if this is basically a rejection or is there still a chance?
I believe it's waitlist.
I came to commisurate with you as well, I too am in the alternate list bandwagon 🙁 It is okay, if it is ours, we will get it. We shall be doctors GAMBATE!!!
ACCEPTED! LM 75. IA 10/26. I'm going to be a doctor!
Congrats! Any tips for the interview?
There's one faculty interview and one student interview, both at the end of the interview day, and both very conversational and relaxed. There's really no way to prepare other than knowing your application well and being able to talk about your experiences intelligently. Most importantly, just chill and be a normal person.
Enjoy your interview day -- it single handedly took CWRU from being fairly low on my list to being tied for the very top! [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There's one faculty interview and one student interview, both at the end of the interview day, and both very conversational and relaxed. There's really no way to prepare other than knowing your application well and being able to talk about your experiences intelligently. Most importantly, just chill and be a normal person.
Enjoy your interview day -- it single handedly took CWRU from being fairly low on my list to being tied for the very top! [emoji4]
I disagree, both my faculty interview and student interviewers grilled me and had a list of questions they read from. And they were very very traditional questions, almost the kind that required memorized answers, like 'how do you resolve conflict,' 'what's a time you were annoyed,' etc. Overall I got a somewhat negative impression of the school just from the interviews.
That being said, I was put on the alternate list just last night.
Alternate list 🙁 Definitely is my top choice school so I'm kinda bummed. Does anyone know if this is basically a rejection or is there still a chance?
+1. Per the status message the alternate movement list can vary from year to year. The range can be from a handful to a few dozen. But not much alternate list movement is expected till after May 1. So it is not a rejection.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected post-II 🙁 And to think the interview went so well ...
Even though there is disappointment with being put on the alternate list, I am grateful that Case Western has a quick turnaround on decisions and has managed expectations by clearly stating that applicants on the alternate list should not expect to hear anything till after May 1 instead of leaving people to wonder what the timeline for movement will be.
I disagree, both my faculty interview and student interviewers grilled me and had a list of questions they read from. And they were very very traditional questions, almost the kind that required memorized answers, like 'how do you resolve conflict,' 'what's a time you were annoyed,' etc. Overall I got a somewhat negative impression of the school just from the interviews.
That being said, I was put on the alternate list just last night.
Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that was your experience. I guess I lucked out with my two, then. My student interviewer even took me to the student lounge afterwards to spend some time with a bunch of the other students. I felt very much at home there.
This just reminds me that a single interview day isn't nearly enough time to know if it's the best fit...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
it seems it really depends on your interviewers. Both of my interviews were really relaxed. The faculty interview was really trying to get to know me, and the student interview was great and fun.I disagree, both my faculty interview and student interviewers grilled me and had a list of questions they read from. And they were very very traditional questions, almost the kind that required memorized answers, like 'how do you resolve conflict,' 'what's a time you were annoyed,' etc. Overall I got a somewhat negative impression of the school just from the interviews.
That being said, I was put on the alternate list just last night.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K