-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected this morning. Compete 8/27.
The fast turn around time on my application only makes me like the school even more :-/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The fast turn around time on my application only makes me like the school even more :-/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone be willing to share what future interview dates are still available? I'm considering the possibility of re-scheduling my interview.
Whoa! That's an insane turn around. I'm sorry!Rejected this morning. Compete 8/27.
The fast turn around time on my application only makes me like the school even more :-/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Can I ask if you're sure you turned in the right letters? Could it have been something technical like that?
I applied here in late July and my status has still not changed for either program, is that odd? It seems as though most others have heard one way or the other by now, thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I applied here in late July and my status has still not changed for either program, is that odd? It seems as though most others have heard one way or the other by now, thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 for that. TBH, I consider no news as good news based on this thread.
It's definitely still worth submitting the secondary. CWRU is pretty clear that the deadline for secondaries is December 15. They recommend submitting ASAP, but I haven't seen anything about a 2 week deadline.Is it still worth it to submit the secondary? I was putting it off since it was so long, but I read on another thread that CWRU has a 2 week deadline for the secondary? I received it on 8/16 (3 weeks ago), and I could probably submit it by tomorrow. LizzyM 75
+1 for that. TBH, I consider no news as good news based on this thread.
Yeah that's what it seems like! Are you in the same boat?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yup. Although very early August rather than late July - similar scenario. An ideal fit from my perspective, so I'll be rather bummed if both programs come back negative, especially the Lerner.
Don't know if anyone would be privy to this information, but does pretty much everyone apply to both Lerner and case?
This might help answer your question. By the looks of it, they get ~2.5 x more University Track apps than Lerner apps. The full class report can be found here: https://case.edu/medicine/admissions/connect/student-life/class-profile/Don't know if anyone would be privy to this information, but does pretty much everyone apply to both Lerner and case?
Attachments
Nice. Thank you!This might help answer your question. By the looks of it, they get ~2.5 x more University Track apps than Lerner apps. The full class report can be found here: https://case.edu/medicine/admissions/connect/student-life/class-profile/
I did Lerner only.Don't know if anyone would be privy to this information, but does pretty much everyone apply to both Lerner and case?
II! Submitted 8/18, marked complete 8/30.
First date available is Oct. 31st and then interviews every Monday and Wednesday up to Nov. 16th.Would anyone be willing to share what future interview dates are still available? I'm considering the possibility of re-scheduling my interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoa! That's an insane turn around. I'm sorry!
Can I ask if you're sure you turned in the right letters? Could it have been something technical like that?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure my letters were in order. Two from science profs, two from MDs I work/have worked with, and one from my supervisor.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Early July hereAre there still lots of folks waiting to hear who were complete in July? All these IIs and rejections for August completions are making me jealous!
Are there still lots of folks waiting to hear who were complete in July? All these IIs and rejections for August completions are making me jealous!
Yeah I was complete mid July and my page hasn't changed at all, so weird.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same!!
I was complete at the beginning of August and haven't heard anything either. They've been rejecting people and placing people on holds, so no news is good news! And it's still VERY earlyWas marked complete 8/17... no update yet, starting to get nervous... :/
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Rejected this morning, was complete early Aug. 🙁
For anyone interested in last years stats (see attached). These haven't been uploaded to the SOM website yet, but they're readily posted outside the Admissions Office.
2016 LizzyM Range = 55-84
2016 LizzyM Median = 73
2016 LizzyM Range = 55-84
2016 LizzyM Median = 73
Attachments
Has anyone who was put on hold here actually gotten an II here? Wondering what my chances really are...
Maybe go back and look at the old threads and see? It's probably too early for anyone this cycle to have made it yetHas anyone who was put on hold here actually gotten an II here? Wondering what my chances really are...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just had a look back through the 2015-2016 thread and there didn't seem to be any mention of those with pre-II holds getting an II (I was scanning quite quickly and may have just missed them)
A little disheartening but I'm in the same boat! Here's hoping our updates can change their minds 🙂
A little disheartening but I'm in the same boat! Here's hoping our updates can change their minds 🙂
So if we submitted in July and haven't heard back we can assume that our file has been read and we are on pre-II hold? Or is there an actual hold status?
So if we submitted in July and haven't heard back we can assume that our file has been read and we are on pre-II hold? Or is there an actual hold status?
I'm pretty sure hold is a status of its own. I've been complete since 7/19 and haven't heard anything. As of now I'm taking that as a positive because there have been plenty of rejections. Best of luck!
have they cleared up that situation where no one was receiving status update emails? or do i still need to obsessively check my portal 😉
Cool. Thanks for the info!I'm pretty sure hold is a status of its own. I've been complete since 7/19 and haven't heard anything. As of now I'm taking that as a positive because there have been plenty of rejections. Best of luck!
Just had a look back through the 2015-2016 thread and there didn't seem to be any mention of those with pre-II holds getting an II (I was scanning quite quickly and may have just missed them)
A little disheartening but I'm in the same boat! Here's hoping our updates can change their minds 🙂
Put on hold this morning :/
I also did a quick scan and I found one person that did, at least for CT. There's still hope!
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Damnnnn that turn around though!II at both University and College Track!! Complete 8/28, LizzyM ~71. Was scared that I submitted over a month late, but looks like that two week deadline is definitely more of a suggestion!
Congrats, buddy! They must be really excited about you! Do you have a ton of research?
Put on hold this morning :/
I also did a quick scan and I found one person that did, at least for CT. There's still hope!
when were you complete?
II at both University and College Track!! Complete 8/28, LizzyM ~71. Was scared that I submitted over a month late, but looks like that two week deadline is definitely more of a suggestion!
does applying for the college track help get your app returned faster? i have a bunch of research experience but didn't apply for college track (summer research, undergraduate honors research, master's, and clinical). haven't heard anything back from uni track.
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am exactly average for this school, wow. Surprised the median MCAT is that high.For anyone interested in last years stats (see attached). These haven't been uploaded to the SOM website yet, but they're readily posted outside the Admissions Office.
2016 LizzyM Range = 55-84
2016 LizzyM Median = 73
University or college track, or both?II via email about an hour ago! I was complete around 7/15, lizzym 80. Super pumped!
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
II via email about an hour ago! I was complete around 7/15, lizzym 80. Super pumped!
CONGRATS!! IS or OS?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K