2016-2017 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
we can wait until friday and ask vc7777 if all calls were made lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So then adcom101 was incorrect in his/her assertion that up to half of the original 32 matriculate elsewhere, or else those invited to second look and then some would have been accepted.

I'm pretty sure that this time they accept the number needed to achieve 32. So if 8 of the December 16 declined acceptance, they would have accepted 16+8 this time around.

Last year at least one person was accepted off the waitlist without being invited to 2nd look, and at least one person who attended 2nd look was not ultimately accepted. It's not linear.

we can wait until friday and ask vc7777 if all calls were made lol
Now now...I think you are twisting my promise around...I think we have heard from people. I didn't promise to call to pester her about whether each and every call has been made:
Tell you guys what... If nothing is posted by Friday I'll get in touch with Dr Franco over the weekend. I'm sure adcom101 will have more info by then anyways. So it's really almost no skin off my nose lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
... I said if nothing has been posted. Clearly it has.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now now...I think you are twisting my promise around...I think we have heard from people. I didn't promise to call to pester her about whether each and every call has been made:

... I said if nothing has been posted. Clearly it has.

Yeah I was just joking sorry haha

Does anyone know if we can get feedback on our application if we weren't offered an acceptance (post interview)?
Yes. I think it's better to wait until the season has died down a little. You'll be surprised how much feedback you can get

Remember folks that there will be a lot a movement in the wait list right before the AAMC traffic deadline (which is different depending on when the first day of class begins). That's the date after which accepted applicants can only hold one spot. That's really where the final push for decisions are made and, like a game of musical chairs, people across the country start finding out their fates.

Does anyone know if they call for any reason other than to accept you? I was asked to call back, and I didn't get the message in time to call back today! Freaking out ahhh

hmmm i hope so! don't wanna psych myself out but i don't think i'll be able to sleep tonight!

I think it's good news, congrats! I actually also missed the call by 3 mins (was biking home) and got the voicemail asking me to call Elizabeth Myers back. It was around 3:40 PM EST though, so I was able to do so.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you get the call if you don't mind me asking?
it was around 4pm EST today!

I think it's good news, congrats! I actually also missed the call by 3 mins (was biking home) and got the voicemail asking me to call Elizabeth Myers back. It was around 3:40 PM EST though, so I was able to do so.

wow it's good to hear that! i hope that'll be the case for me too. at any rate, congrats to you!!!

@theNDhopeful44 I don't think so. Adcom 101 was correct. They did accept a lot more, I'm just saying those acceptances didn't really come from SDN users who posted that they were on the alternate list. Or the ones I noticed that made it off the alternate list came from second round alternate listers not first round.

That's correct. @theNDhopeful44 should do the math. If 48 were accepted to fill a class of 32, that means half of the original 32 accepted matriculated elsewhere. In addition, some of the WL applicants invited to SL (and who were eventually accepted to CCLCM) matriculated elsewhere as they were also accepted from WL of other fine institutions of their preference (I know this for a fact). It's really difficult to draw any conclusions from SDN due to type 1 and type 2 statistical error.

I'm pretty sure that this time they accept the number needed to achieve 32. So if 8 of the December 16 declined acceptance, they would have accepted 16+8 this time around.

Last year at least one person was accepted off the waitlist without being invited to 2nd look, and at least one person who attended 2nd look was not ultimately accepted. It's not linear.

Regarding your first statement: Not true at all. At this point, I suspect that the first 32 accepted have all held on to those acceptances. @vc7777 is correct that a lot of movement occurs as the AAMC deadline approaches when you can hold on to only one acceptance.

Regarding your second statement: This is true. Since only 5-7 on the WL are invited to SL, a good number is accepted off the WL that were never invited to SL. As in my prior post, some of the 5-7 on the WL invited to SL that were eventually accepted to CCLCM could have matriculated elsewhere. In addition, it's quite possible that some of SL invitees could have said or did something during SL week-end that were not favorable (and reported to the Adcom) that eventually led to him/her not being accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
What I have to say next is dedicated to those of you who are still stuck in the waiting boat with me, who are still quietly hoping to hear back.

Thank you so much for posting that. I, like many of us I'm sure, have been feeling really down today, and you really lifted my spirits. It's been so wonderful for me to see all of the awesome people on this thread treating each other with kindness and respect (a real rarity in the world of internet anonymity).

Again. Thank you. And best of luck to you and everyone on this thread!

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys think that all the calls have been made then? It is pretty hard to tell given only some students will post here. I was just wondering. Good luck to everyone as well we've made it so far!

Do you guys think that all the calls have been made then? It is pretty hard to tell given only some students will post here. I was just wondering. Good luck to everyone as well we've made it so far!

My guess is that at least by the end of the day, they will have all gone put if they for some reason haven't already. They won't want to keep people in limbo.

Anybody know if there will be a wave of rejections following this? Or are the rest of us all just waitlisted?

My guess is that at least by the end of the day, they will have all gone put if they for some reason haven't already. They won't want to keep people in limbo.

Anybody know if there will be a wave of rejections following this? Or are the rest of us all just waitlisted?

I am pretty sure adcom101 posted previously that after the accepted students are called a waitlist will be formulated where people who havent heard back yet since interviews will either get put on the waitlist or rejected. And people on the alternate list now can be "passed" or "jumped" as in you could stay on the waitlist, be accepted, or rejected.

Personally, I think we should all relax and enjoy Shabbat. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much, guys! I'm rooting for you! I'm sure everyone will end up at a fantastic place, CCLCM or other. This is actually my first acceptance of the cycle, after an unsuccessful one last year, so I know how stressful this process is and I hope it pans out for each and every one of you in the end :)

Congrats and same story! No interviews my last cycle. First acceptance of this cycle and I'm beside myself

Now that they have most likely accepted the other 16, when should we expect second look invites to go out?

Now that they have most likely accepted the other 16, when should we expect second look invites to go out?

Probably within a week since the dates are already set. Good luck to all.

Put on the alternate list just now
Disappointing, but glad to still be in the running!

Did you interview in January? I'm wondering if the alternate list decisions from December will continue to stand (providing we're not rejected) or whether we'll get an updated waitlist decision.

I've got to confess that I'm disappointed in the total silence here. Interviewed in September and absolutely nothing. I understand if it is a "no," but the silence is killing me! No email in December, no portal change since September, nothing. Not sure why some people are hearing things and others are in the same boat as me. Ah well, gave it my best shot. Probably just time to move on.

I've got to confess that I'm disappointed in the total silence here. Interviewed in September and absolutely nothing. I understand if it is a "no," but the silence is killing me! No email in December, no portal change since September, nothing. Not sure why some people are hearing things and others are in the same boat as me. Ah well, gave it my best shot. Probably just time to move on.
I feel you. Total silence for me too since september. Maybe we will get the waitlist this week. We are still in the running. Unless they forgot to reject us in december which I hope not lol

I was under the impression that WL/Rejections will go out this week. Once those on the WL confirm their spots, then SL invites will go out the following week. At least this is what happened last year.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a different status update for the waitlist? I was under the impression that the alternate list was synonymous with the waitlist

March 30-31. (Thursday and Friday). Thursday's events start at 2:30PM, with an optional luncheon with minority students and faculty at 11:30AM that day.
sounds cool, how do you know?

it seems they sending alternate list in batches, thats new

Every year... People are shocked when things don't run exactly the same as the previous year. I'm not quite sure what to say other than the obvious? Good luck to everyone. Congrats to those accepted.

Patiently waiting for that WL/Rejection so I can 1) keep clinging to hope or 2) start getting excited about my other schools. I wonder what is taking so long for these decisions to come out.....

Edit: According to last year's thread, some got earlier portal updates but some later ones fell around March 1st. +pissed+

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Patiently waiting for that WL/Rejection so I can 1) keep clinging to hope or 2) start getting excited about my other schools. I wonder what is taking so long for these decisions to come out.....

Edit: According to last year's thread, some got earlier portal updates but some later ones fell around March 1st. +pissed+

Still riding that alternate list from December train as well. It sucks to keep on waiting but this whole process is all about patience.

Hey the way I see it is I (and I'm sure many, if not all, of you do as well) have another amazing school that wanted to take me. Regardless of what happens with CCLCM, I'm gonna be a doctor in 4-5 years. And the fact that CCLCM saw something in me (and all of us) in the first place still blows my mind and makes me feel so good. That to me is the most exciting thing in the world.

Keep on keepin on, friends <3

Reactions: 3 users