-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
your PI got the call? then you will be most likely accepted soon! congrats!PI phone call, no acceptance (yet?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PI phone call, no acceptance (yet?)
Do you mind sharing when your PI was called. Hopefully today!
Do you mind sharing when you interviewed and stats?PI phone call, no acceptance (yet?)
First post on SDN? Sounds fishy to mePI phone call, no acceptance (yet?)
valid pointFirst post on SDN? Sounds fishy to me
I wouldn't freak out too much about this update. Assuming it's true (don't see why this person would have any reason to lie about it), it's entirely possible that they're still trying to contact more PIs. If some PIs have been successfully contacted, but the applicants haven't yet been called, it probably means they're still in the process of contacting PIs or early in the process of contacting accepted students. Either way it seems like our time is near. I'm trying (and failing) to be calm about it
Were you placed on the alternate list after the first ranking meeting or were you a later interviewer?PI phone call, no acceptance (yet?)
Has anyone received an update via their portal? I haven't. Getting really nervous.
Not me. Last portal update was my alternate list offer *screams internally*
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When was this? Did you interview before December?Not me. Last portal update was my alternate list offer *screams internally*
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When was this? Did you interview before December?
Alternate list offer: 12/30/16
Interview: mid September... -_-
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When was this? Did you interview before December?
(deleted, double posted for some reason)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I see. My last update was my invitation to interview. To be fair during my interview (Mid January) they said we would probably hear back at the end of February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't freak out too much about this update. Assuming it's true (don't see why this person would have any reason to lie about it), it's entirely possible that they're still trying to contact more PIs. If some PIs have been successfully contacted, but the applicants haven't yet been called, it probably means they're still in the process of contacting PIs or early in the process of contacting accepted students. Either way it seems like our time is near. I'm trying (and failing) to be calm about it
I wonder if they try to contact all the PIs before sending out any acceptances.
They don't.I wonder if they try to contact all the PIs before sending out any acceptances.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I guess that means those accepted aren't on SDN or don't want to give away their identity lolThey don't.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Perhaps. Some join to post that they were accepted too
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
wow really it wasn't any of us!? Well there go my hopes and dreams
First time it has happened lolwow really it wasn't any of us!? Well there go my hopes and dreams
Well, I'm not sure when the actual acceptance calls go out.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Ah thank you *clings to desperate shred of hope*Well, I'm not sure when the actual acceptance calls go out.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Same. Lets just wait until the end of this week before freaking out lolAh thank you *clings to desperate shred of hope*
I bears worth repeating that it's a human process, and there is no predicting when Dr Franco will get time to call accepted applicants. It's might be piecemeal.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Tell you guys what... If nothing is posted by Friday I'll get in touch with Dr Franco over the weekend. I'm sure adcom101 will have more info by then anyways. So it's really almost no skin off my nose lol
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! The worst part of this whole process is the uncertainty--we all appreciate any clarity we can get even if it isn't the news we wantTell you guys what... If nothing is posted by Friday I'll get in touch with Dr Franco over the weekend. I'm sure adcom101 will have more info by then anyways. So it's really almost no skin off my nose lol
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Someone buzz me by Friday if it isn't clarified beforehand. Mmmkay?
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One thing to consider, just for all of us freaking out, is that in December it seemed like people weren't contacted for almost two weeks after the rank meeting (hard to be 100% sure since none of the accepted students posted). Doesn't mean that'll be the case now, but hopefully that can keep us a bit calmer until we hear something definitive.I know someone said they got a PI call but maybe the processes got delayed for some reason.
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I just got the call! Elizabeth Myers called me, as Dean Franco is away.
As I've also been assiduously checking this thread, felt compelled to inform you all right away 🙂
I interviewed on January 13th, after being placed on interview hold and getting an interview invite in November. God is good!
In case anyone's interested in stats: LizzyM around 73; non-trad (master's and 2 years working in management consulting); international student
As I've also been assiduously checking this thread, felt compelled to inform you all right away 🙂
I interviewed on January 13th, after being placed on interview hold and getting an interview invite in November. God is good!
In case anyone's interested in stats: LizzyM around 73; non-trad (master's and 2 years working in management consulting); international student
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I just got the call! Elizabeth Myers called me, as Dean Franco is away.
As I've also been assiduously checking this thread, felt compelled to inform you all right away 🙂
I interviewed on January 13th, after being placed on interview hold and getting an interview invite in November. God is good!
In case anyone's interested in stats: LizzyM around 73; non-trad (master's and 2 years working in management consulting); international student
Congratulations! That is amazing and I am truly happy for you! Thank you for your post, we really do appreciate it!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats!! I'm also an international student so I'm proud of you!Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I just got the call! Elizabeth Myers called me, as Dean Franco is away.
As I've also been assiduously checking this thread, felt compelled to inform you all right away 🙂
I interviewed on January 13th, after being placed on interview hold and getting an interview invite in November. God is good!
In case anyone's interested in stats: LizzyM around 73; non-trad (master's and 2 years working in management consulting); international student
Congratulations!Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I just got the call! Elizabeth Myers called me, as Dean Franco is away.
As I've also been assiduously checking this thread, felt compelled to inform you all right away 🙂
I interviewed on January 13th, after being placed on interview hold and getting an interview invite in November. God is good!
In case anyone's interested in stats: LizzyM around 73; non-trad (master's and 2 years working in management consulting); international student
Thank you so much, guys! I'm rooting for you! I'm sure everyone will end up at a fantastic place, CCLCM or other. This is actually my first acceptance of the cycle, after an unsuccessful one last year, so I know how stressful this process is and I hope it pans out for each and every one of you in the end 🙂
Wait that makes it so much more cool. I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations! That's amazing.Thank you so much, guys! I'm rooting for you! I'm sure everyone will end up at a fantastic place, CCLCM or other. This is actually my first acceptance of the cycle, after an unsuccessful one last year, so I know how stressful this process is and I hope it pans out for each and every one of you in the end 🙂
Thank you so much, guys! I'm rooting for you! I'm sure everyone will end up at a fantastic place, CCLCM or other. This is actually my first acceptance of the cycle, after an unsuccessful one last year, so I know how stressful this process is and I hope it pans out for each and every one of you in the end 🙂
Wow that's amazing. I interviewed same day, hope some luck rubs off on me 😛
Congrats! I also was unsuccessful last year, so interviewing for this program was a blessing. I'm glad to see it worked outThank you so much, guys! I'm rooting for you! I'm sure everyone will end up at a fantastic place, CCLCM or other. This is actually my first acceptance of the cycle, after an unsuccessful one last year, so I know how stressful this process is and I hope it pans out for each and every one of you in the end 🙂
Yeah I feel that all 16 may have been called. I also noticed on last year's thread that no one on SDN who was on the "hold list" after first ranking made it into the final class. A lot of them just got on the alternate list and even the ones who were invited to second look never made it off the list.
Yeah I feel that all 16 may have been called. I also noticed on last year's thread that no one on SDN who was on the "hold list" after first ranking made it into the final class. A lot of them just got on the alternate list and even the ones who were invited to second look never made it off the list.
V E R Y S A D F A C E
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Some of the people last year did eventually get into the final class. But yeah not many including at least one second look invite. And it does seem more likely than not that the 16 have all been called. It doesn't take that long to make 16 phone calls.Yeah I feel that all 16 may have been called. I also noticed on last year's thread that no one on SDN who was on the "hold list" after first ranking made it into the final class. A lot of them just got on the alternate list and even the ones who were invited to second look never made it off the list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So then adcom101 was incorrect in his/her assertion that up to half of the original 32 matriculate elsewhere, or else those invited to second look and then some would have been accepted.Some of the people last year did eventually get into the final class. But yeah not many including at least one second look invite. And it does seem more likely than not that the 16 have all been called. It doesn't take that long to make 16 phone calls.
@theNDhopeful44 I don't think so. Adcom 101 was correct. They did accept a lot more, I'm just saying those acceptances didn't really come from SDN users who posted that they were on the alternate list. Or the ones I noticed that made it off the alternate list came from second round alternate listers not first round.
Keep in mind, though, that just the people posting on SDN are not necessarily representative of all applicants. Also some people who got second look invites were eventually accepted, although at least one was not. People do get in off the wait listSo then adcom101 was incorrect in his/her assertion that up to half of the original 32 matriculate elsewhere, or else those invited to second look and then some would have been accepted.