2016-2017 East Tennessee State University (Quillen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well heard back, just not what I wanted to hear. Oh well.
Did you receive an email putting you on hold?

I haven't heard anything today. Bad news coming or ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current accepted 54IS 11OOS. OOS is already almost twice as last year!

That's not entirely correct. For OOS last year, they interviewed 38, accepted 20 and enrolled 7. US News and World Reports has the acceptance offer info, whereas MSAR only shows interviews & matriculations (which is where I'm assuming you pulled numbers). If this year goes something like last year, about 2/3 of OOS folks will ultimately turn down their acceptances.

So if you're an OOS applicant who has interviewed and has not yet been accepted, don't give up hope just yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a veteran who separated within 3 years, so I am probably considered an IS. I am trying to gauge how optimistic I should be at this point, seeing that last year "acceptance offered" was over 100 (vs only 58 right now), however the class is pretty close to being full. Any thoughts? And I have a feeling that they are much more selective in who they interview/accept this cycle, compared to the stats from last year, it doesn't sound likely that they will offer almost 40+ more acceptances out of which only 12 more will take up the offer (so far, only 4 people have turned down the offer). but I guess the caveat to this is there are people in the "accepted" pool right now who hold multiple acceptances, so the pool of "accepted" might not reflect the true number of people that are going to matriculate in Fall.
I think you should still remain hopeful! As you stated, not everyone that accepted their offer is actually going to matriculate in the fall. Even though the stats are higher this year, I still think they will accept around the same amount as they did last year (over 100). So don't lose hope! They've only offered a little over half of the IIs that they did last year so I'm sure people without an II still have a good chance as well! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this morning around 9:45!! Right as I was walking into an interview for another school - couldn't have come at a better time!! So excited to join everyone this fall!!

Congrats!!!! Mind sharing your stats?

If I remember correctly then there should be some acceptance calls coming tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
did they email you that or call you? good luck man, they usually clear a decent amount off of hold. still waiting for any info

If you're on hold you'll get an email. An acceptance is by phone call.

did they email you that or call you? good luck man, they usually clear a decent amount off of hold. still waiting for any info
It was just an email. Thanks though I really like this school and would definitely want to go here over my IS acceptances. I'm still hopeful though!

Just got a scholarship letter. I did not expect this at all.

I also got a scholarship via snail mail. Do you all know if this means we won't be getting any of the other scholarships on the website? The one I received wasn't any of the ones in their list of institutional scholarships.

I also got a scholarship via snail mail. Do you all know if this means we won't be getting any of the other scholarships on the website? The one I received wasn't any of the ones in their list of institutional scholarships.

That was the same with me, I have the same question.
It did say on the website to send them a copy of your award letters, so I'll probably give them a call this week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
That was the same with me, I have the same question.
It did say on the website to send them a copy of your award letters, so I'll probably give them a call this week

I just called Quillen and they said the admissions committee scholarship = the diversity scholarship. This scholarship isn't any of the ones on the institutional scholarships list because the committee for those scholarships hasn't met yet. We won't know about those until the end of March, but getting that scholarship doesn't mean we didn't get any of the others. Hope this info helps!

Last edited:
I just called Quillen and they said the admissions committee scholarship = the diversity scholarship. This scholarship isn't any of the ones on the institutional scholarships list because the committee for those scholarships hasn't met yet. We won't know about those until the end of March, but getting that scholarship doesn't mean we didn't get any of the others. Hope this info helps!
You tha MVP

Anyone got a call today?

I received a call for acceptance this morning. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear.

Interviewed: 16 FEB 2017, Accepted: 14 MAR 2017, OOS (Military so maybe IS)

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection letter today... Good luck my friends!

Sorry man. Been in your corner since seeing you in last year's TN school threads. Good luck with UT.

It's all good. A bit unexpected but it is what it is. Thanks! Still optimistic!

does the adcom meet again? or are they waiting until people have to go down to one acceptance?

Has anyone heard back about scholarships (aside from the diversity ones)?

Received acceptance call this morning. Interviewed 2/15, put on hold 3/14.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Was accepted today. Interviewed in November.

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew here this morning. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Withdrew this afternoon. I hope it goes to one of you wonderful people. =)