2016-2017 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know loyola's policy about the April 30 deadline? I heard there is some variation between schools regarding penalties about holding acceptances after April 30

It's not Loyola it's AAMC I believe

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know loyola's policy about the April 30 deadline? I heard there is some variation between schools regarding penalties about holding acceptances after April 30
If you wait until after April 30th you could potentially forfeit your spot – don't risk it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
TL;DR: You have worked your butt off to get into medical school. Don't ruin it and abide by the AAMC rules.

SDN search yielded the following from one of the community's most reputable contributors -
She will show up and be flagged on the daily update of the National Acceptance Report. This will be followed by at most schools by an update via email (from the automated system at AAMC) and a flag of the AMCAS ID for each school's system. At that point she is in both violation of AAMC policy and most schools stated policy for adherence of holding multiple acceptances. Most school's published policy will allow them to immediately withdraw acceptance without notice as the acceptee has failed to comply with the policy. So all three could immediately withdraw acceptances and acceptee would have no recourse as well as likely barred by AMCAS from applying ever again.

I do not believe that it is a rolling basis but do not take that as a 100% truth. If I was a betting individual (which I am not), I would say it is unlikely that there will be any movement between now and April 30 as there have been 350 acceptances issued as of now and the class is full. As people make decisions to go elsewhere and spots open up, that is when they will look to the continued consideration list in no preference to interview date to decide to pull from this list.

Where did you hear they already accepted 350 students?

Thank you for this clarification. Do you know when Stritch will notify continued consideration applicants about an acceptance or rejection? Is it a rolling basis because I think a lot of applicants have been on this list for quite a while.

Stritch will notify you of an acceptance or rejection up until the end of the cycle. There are a couple people in my class (I'm an M2) who were accepted the day before class started. Unless you get a rejection, it is safe to say that you are still on the continued consideration list. Update the school if you can to show continued interest/give the committee something else to talk about in regards to your application. Loyola loves to feel the love. As others have mentioned, Stritch does pull from the list as spots become available, but it is hard to know when those spot will be available. April 30th is the next big day we'd expect to see students drop their acceptance to Loyola to go to other schools, therefore opening spots. After that, spots will open up as students get accepted off waitlists and decide to go elsewhere. Hope that helps! For now, don't lose hope! You're not out until you get that rejection email!

does financial aid package and scholarship information come with acceptance letter?

does financial aid package and scholarship information come with acceptance letter?
I believe for those accepted earlier, the financial aid package/scholarship info email followed a couple months later following our acceptance.

At second look day they said they had offered 350 acceptances to date

And last year there were 372 acceptances offered so there is a likelihood that there will be some movement after April 30. How much is yet to be determined as my classmates mentioned above! Happy to answer more questions.

Just withdrew my acceptance + merit scholarship. Hoping the spot and funds go to an awesome person still waiting here! Good luck all. Stritch is a great school and it was hard to say goodbye.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew today, despite a great mission fit. Best of luck to Continued Consideration/Waitlists!

has anybody gotten a response to their withdrawal email? i sent one a few days ago but haven't heard back from them which makes me nervous!

has anybody gotten a response to their withdrawal email? i sent one a few days ago but haven't heard back from them which makes me nervous!

Got one today.

Also withdrew + merit scholarship. Best of luck to everyone on wait list. This is an awesome school

Not sure if it has been answered...but, how do they decide who gets a spot from the continued consideration list? Is it ranked? if so, based on what?

Does anyone know when titer tests prior to matriculation are due/if there is anything else we need to complete prior to orientation?

Does anyone know when titer tests prior to matriculation are due/if there is anything else we need to complete prior to orientation?
On that note, do we need to send an official transcript?

I found this pre matriculation checklist on the website for the c/o 2020, so I imagine it'd be similar for c/o 2021:

http://ssom.luc.edu/media/stritchsc...ion/documents/Pre-Matriculation Checklist.pdf

and that came from this page Pre-matriculation & Orientation Information: Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Division, which has more info. Though I didn't see anything about the titer tests. I'm wondering that too

Hello Everyone! Just joined SDN, but long-time lurker. I was accepted on October 17th, 2016. Wanted to say hi to all of my fellow Loyola University Chicago Stritch SOM class of 2021 SDNers! For those of you still waiting to hear back, keep your chin up because there is still time and hope! I'm sure there will be movement after April 30th, as I have just withdrawn from other schools I was accepted to. Good luck!

For those of you who have been accepted - how is apartment hunting going?

Just sent in my acceptance withdrawal. Loyola was the first school that offered me an acceptance so it was hard to let go. I hope one of you will get a chance to attend this fantastic institution.

Reactions: 2 users
Any recent outright acceptances or acceptances from the continued consideration list?

Withdrew, Good Luck guys, hope one of you get my spot.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if there is expected movement for this school? Or has anyone heard back after being put on continued consideration?

I was on continued consideration and was just accepted! Hold on out there, you really never know!

Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone else receive any e-mails about combined MD/MPH degree from the director of the MPH program? I am on continued consideration but the e-mail made it sound like I was already accepted and they are letting me know that I can start my MPH classess from this summer... kind of confused becasue I didn't get an acceptance call yet.

Did anyone else receive any e-mails about combined MD/MPH degree from the director of the MPH program? I am on continued consideration but the e-mail made it sound like I was already accepted and they are letting me know that I can start my MPH classess from this summer... kind of confused becasue I didn't get an acceptance call yet.

Hmm, I didn't get that email. I would call them and see what it means. It'll be interesting to find out. If they intentionally sent it to you, I think it's almost safe to say that they have little to no interest in those of us who didn't receive it and are on continued consideration.

Hmm, I didn't get that email. I would call them and see what it means. It'll be interesting to find out. If they intentionally sent it to you, I think it's almost safe to say that they have little to no interest in those of us who didn't receive it and are on continued consideration.

Well, I had specified on my Application that I am interested in the Dual program. Did you say that too? It's possible that they sent me the e-mail b/c of that....but, fingers crossed!

Does anyone know of any frugal ways to get all these titer requirements done?

Does anyone know of any frugal ways to get all these titer requirements done?
If you have insurance you tell your PMD to
order the titers with indication "preventive care". My titers are free because of that.

If you have insurance you tell your PMD to
order the titers with indication "preventive care". My titers are free because of that.
Although I think that might depend on what kind of insurance you have for it to be free

Anyone know how many people normally come off the waitlist? I haven't heard anything since September

Anyone know how many people normally come off the waitlist? I haven't heard anything since September

My colleagues answered that question earlier. There are too many factors that come into play to determine a number. To give you a number would be a disservice to the process. Just keep updating the school when you have meaningful updates. No need to stress yourself out by trying to figure out the inner workings of a process that itself has some components of black magic due to confounding variables.

Accepted off the waitlist on May 2nd and officially withdrew acceptance today. Good luck to everyone!!

Committee met yesterday. "official waitlist" is being compiled at the moment.

Can any current students share their experience at Loyola?

Just received an email about the official waitlist. It is not ranked and people may get off the list up until the start of classes, July 31st :) wonder if there will be a lot of movement this year.....

+2 put onto waitlist from continued consideration. Really really hoping to get accepted!!!