2016-2017 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got the waitlist status and am thinking of sending a letter of intent. Should I mention the fact that SLU is my only other acceptance and that they have been placed on probation?? Any tips would be great! Thanks!

I would shy away from naming another school and focus on why Loyola is a great fit.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
So I got the waitlist status and am thinking of sending a letter of intent. Should I mention the fact that SLU is my only other acceptance and that they have been placed on probation?? Any tips would be great! Thanks!
May I ask when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if, and when, they release an official waitlist? Or do we all stay under continuous review?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if, and when, they release an official waitlist? Or do we all stay under continuous review?
I went through the agony of being on their "continued consideration list" last cycle and never got the call back then. Though there is hope when you're on that list--a friend of mine got the call literally a week before classes started after he interviewed in December. Not saying that'll happen again, but yeah it did happen.

I don't think they release an official waitlist, unless their policy changed. You can always ask, they're pretty good at answering questions by phone. I remember wondering if there was a ranked waitlist and I was always told it was waitlist "pool", meaning not ranked.

But yeah the updates are not in vain...they're definitely read and taken into consideration!

I apologize, I just remembered that yes, an actual waitlist is made. Last cycle, I got an email in on May 9 from the director of admissions asking if I wanted to officially join Stritch's waitlist. It's actually an AAMC rule for schools to make a waitlist because the AAMC tracks it. I believe last year the date for committing to 1 school was April 30, so the request to join the waitlist was made after that.

As I said in my previous post, though, I doubt they give info on where you are on the list (but asking never hurts I guess). They told me last year that the waitlist was a "pool" and not a "ranked list". For example, if an accepted female student decided to decline Stritch, and Stritch wanted to balance the gender by adding another female, they might choose a female from the "pool" even they are not #1 on the list...this is just a vague idea of how I thought it worked. It's obviously prob way more complicated than that.

Anyone else still not heard anything post-interview??

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still not heard anything post-interview??
Interviewed Early February, still heard nothing. Although I know two people from my school that got accepted: one who interviewed with me and another who interviewed after me... Made me hella nervous and kinda depressed. I have no idea how they decide these things

Interviewed Early February, still heard nothing. Although I know two people from my school that got accepted: one who interviewed with me and another who interviewed after me... Made me hella nervous and kinda depressed. I have no idea how they decide these things

I interviewed end of January. Have heard nothing. I called today and they said that I am up for review at the end of March. I am confused because I am not up for continued consideration either. SO CONFUSED.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe i sent in the green form that i received from interview day. I also recieved an email that my FAFSA was all good to go from Loyola..

what is this green form?? were we supposed to something else other than FAFSA??

I interviewed end of January. Have heard nothing. I called today and they said that I am up for review at the end of March. I am confused because I am not up for continued consideration either. SO CONFUSED.
That means they haven't gotten to your application yet. Next committee meeting should be the 27th so you will probably hear back on the 28th. Good luck!

do you know why others who interviewed much later were reviewed earlier?
Not quite sure if this is correct, but i think it has to do with when your interviewers submitted their reviews on you

It finally happened. I got accepted on Tuesday (interview on Feb. 16) and I'm so pumped. Stritch has always been one of my top choices and I'm so excited to start in July.

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know how many people get put on continued consideration? Or when they'll be movement for this list of people? I know they said they accepted 372 people last year. Does anyone also know how many have gotten released already?

Anyone know how many people get put on continued consideration? Or when they'll be movement for this list of people? I know they said they accepted 372 people last year. Does anyone also know how many have gotten released already?
I don't think they release that information but according to AAMC rules "Schools must: .....By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS". So I guess at least like 160 acceptances but most likely they've issued quite a few more.

Most schools typically accept double the size of their expected class size, sometimes a little more. With that being said, there is no way to know exactly how many acceptances have been given out since the school does not share that information. However, a few years ago the school followed that "double rule" and more students than they were expecting accepted their spot. This obviously was a problem since they typically like to cap their classes at a specific number. Since then (or so I was told on my interview day and by a few people last year), the school has tried to accept less than double in order to prevent this from happening again, and to allow more movement from the "waitlist". Hope that helps!

Hi!
I was told in early March that around 300 people had been accepted already. Not sure of the exact number. It was just casually said in a sentence by someone from Loyola admissions.

i haven't. The wait is brutal. Will the calls be today?

Yeah it is brutal. The committee met yesterday and based upon what's happened the past weeks, it appears that they usually make calls the following day.

Yeah it is brutal. The committee met yesterday and based upon what's happened the past weeks, it appears that they usually make calls the following day.
Do they meet every Monday?

for those accepted, did y'all have to send in your official transcripts? i don't remember if we had to yet or not...

Does anyone know when financial aid letters go out?

apologize for asking again...but has anyone still not hear anything post-interview? Been waiting for a call or at least a portal update and I got nothing.

for those accepted, did y'all have to send in your official transcripts? i don't remember if we had to yet or not...

I only remember seeing the prerequisite confirmation task on the portal.

apologize for asking again...but has anyone still not hear anything post-interview? Been waiting for a call or at least a portal update and I got nothing.

I interviewed 02/09 and still nothing as well

Do both of your portals say "Your interview has been completed…etc?"

But yeah, it'd just be nice to know if anyone heard anything this week. I don't care to continue clinging to false hope.

Do both of your portals say "Your interview has been completed…etc?"

But yeah, it'd just be nice to know if anyone heard anything this week. I don't care to continue clinging to false hope.

Yup I've heard back from two other schools I interviewed at like half a month later already, I wonder when we'll hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone get a call today?
I called the admissions office, and the committee's meeting on monday was actually cancelled.... Also, they're not meeting again till April 10th, so the waiting game continues

Long time troll on this forum. Accepted two weeks ago! Interviewed 1/19. Accepted 3/15. URM. OOS Lizzy 67. I sent an update letter on 2/16.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when financial aid letters go out?

I called Financial aid today and they said that either later today or early next week account log in information will be sent to our emails so we can view out aid reports. For sure by the end of next week though.

I called Financial aid today and they said that either later today or early next week account log in information will be sent to our emails so we can view out aid reports. For sure by the end of next week though.
thanks! much appreciated.

I got the email for the "LOCUS" login today

Reactions: 2 users
anyone else confused by the financial aid award? What does it mean if there's nothing under the "category" section for the summary of the award? Some of my things say "loan" while others are blank.