-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I called because it's pretty much the end of March and I still haven't received a decision. It seems like they're behind. The lady I spoke to said they'll continue making decisions through April, but obviously before the final date to hold multiple acceptances. If you're really interested in Feinberg with no decision, it could be advantageous to write an update/interest letter. Hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
March 29th... hmmm. Lol sorry Feinberg you snooze you lose
seriously WTF
I called because it's pretty much the end of March and I still haven't received a decision. It seems like they're behind. The lady I spoke to said they'll continue making decisions through April, but obviously before the final date to hold multiple acceptances. If you're really interested in Feinberg with no decision, it could be advantageous to write an update/interest letter. Hope this helps!
So...April 27th then? ugh
Yeah they're in phase one to determine the dose of anxiety to give.perhaps they're simply conducting a clinical trial to see if pre-meds can actually literally die of anxiety
So I received an acceptance and scholarship here and I plan to attend. However, I just took a really hard math exam and I think that I may receive a C (but definitely no lower) in the course. This course is not any type of pre-req, it's just something for my major. Do you think they will rescind a scholarship and/or acceptance? I expect all other grades to be very good. Likely A, maybe A-.
So I received an acceptance and scholarship here and I plan to attend. However, I just took a really hard math exam and I think that I may receive a C (but definitely no lower) in the course. This course is not any type of pre-req, it's just something for my major. Do you think they will rescind a scholarship and/or acceptance? I expect all other grades to be very good. Likely A, maybe A-.
Highly doubt they would over one C!
Does anyone know what Feinberg is specifying when they require Inorganic Chemistry? Is this just another way to say General Chemistry? Thanks!This wait be redonkulus
Does anyone know what Feinberg is specifying when they require Inorganic Chemistry? Is this just another way to say General Chemistry? Thanks!
Yes, general chemistry = inorganic chemistry
Did you get an email or did your portal update? also do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Although by the looks of it I'm not sure they are going in chronological order
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an email or did your portal update? also do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Although by the looks of it I'm not sure they are going in chronological order
I got an email. Can't log in to the portal anymore. I interviewed in early January and got deferred mid February
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected post interview via email
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!! I see rejections coming! lol
Also waitlisted.
Waitlisted! Best I could've hoped for after such a delay, will probably stay.
My condolences to the people getting the rejects... has to suck extra after all this time waiting. :/
The question for us who will be remaining in limbo now becomes, what's the WL movement like? Examining threads for the last few years makes it look pretty dismal. OTOH, USN&WR lists these stats:
Interviews:692
Accepted: 506
Enrolled: 163
So.... it LOOKS like there will be a ton of WL movement. Surprised NU isn't higher yield though.
The question for us who will be remaining in limbo now becomes, what's the WL movement like? Examining threads for the last few years makes it look pretty dismal. OTOH, USN&WR lists these stats:
Interviews:692
Accepted: 506
Enrolled: 163
So.... it LOOKS like there will be a ton of WL movement. Surprised NU isn't higher yield though.
My condolences to the people getting the rejects... has to suck extra after all this time waiting. :/
The question for us who will be remaining in limbo now becomes, what's the WL movement like? Examining threads for the last few years makes it look pretty dismal. OTOH, USN&WR lists these stats:
Interviews:692
Accepted: 506
Enrolled: 163
So.... it LOOKS like there will be a ton of WL movement. Surprised NU isn't higher yield though.
been waiting 7 months for a decision since my interview day. looks like ill be waiting another 3
I'd be surprised if you have much longer to wait, I think they must be getting their ass in gear this weekmy portal hasnt changed and no e-mail yet :/
I got deferred back in december :/
I'd be surprised if you have much longer to wait, I think they must be getting their ass in gear this week
I am really tired of this wait lol
just got waitlisted. hi cali 🙂
LOL i'm moving to SoCal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glancing at last year's data I have in a handy excel table, Northwestern is similar to U Chicago, Pitt, Vandy, Cornell etc, all in the 30s percentages. I think these places all just vie for a population that tends to have multiple great optionsSurprised NU isn't higher yield though
Glancing at last year's data I have in a handy excel table, Northwestern is similar to U Chicago, Pitt, Vandy, Cornell etc, all in the 30s percentages. I think these places all just vie for a population that tends to have multiple great options
Do you happen to know if all of these schools have a good amount of waitlist movement? Or is 500 the number Northwestern accepts directly post interview?
No idea about their waitlist movements. I believe the acceptances number in US News is total admits, admits off waitlists included.
I have the same deferral message on my portal since November. No email or anything either. What is going on?!?!wtf, can't enter the portal and no e-mail. admissions not picking up phone. still deferred.. -_-
~10 admittances are offered to waitlisted candidates, out of ~100 on the waitlist
Does that 10 include people who get called up but say "Sorry Feinberg I'm going to Harvard" or is it only people who take up the offer?~10 admittances are offered to waitlisted candidates, out of ~100 on the waitlist
Exact wording is "acceptance offers granted" so I think it's the number of calls made, not the number who accept?Does that 10 include people who get called up but say "Sorry Feinberg I'm going to Harvard" or is it only people who take up the offer?
~10 admittances are offered to waitlisted candidates, out of ~100 on the waitlist
Wow they accept hundreds right off the bat then, no?
Exact wording is "acceptance offers granted" so I think it's the number of calls made, not the number who accept?
Hmm. Looking through previous threads, they tend to email to gauge interest before the call... so maybe that is where the people who wouldn't take them up on it get weeded out.
My understanding is there is a trickle of admits in the winter and then a bunch in the spring, yeahWow they accept hundreds right off the bat then, no?
Wait what? They send an email asking if you're still interested? I've never heard of this kind of thing beforeHmm. Looking through previous threads, they tend to email to gauge interest before the call... so maybe that is where the people who wouldn't take them up on it get weeded out.
My understanding is there is a trickle of admits in the winter and then a bunch in the spring, yeah
Wait what? They send an email asking if you're still interested? I've never heard of this kind of thing before
Albert Einstein College of Medicine actually does this, or at least they did this year. They sent out emails asking people if they were still interested. I can't remember if it was sent to people on the waitlist or people waiting for an interview, but same idea.
See the 2014-15 thread past this post:
2014-2015 Northwestern University Application Thread
2014-2015 Northwestern University Application Thread
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting, they must do that to help their turnaround time and/or yield when offering WL admits
.
same here. still deferredI have the same deferral message on my portal since November. No email or anything either. What is going on?!?!
got locked out of the portal earlier but just got an acceptance email!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K