2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is sending update letters recommended to Quinnipiac? 🙂
Doubt it'll mean much pre-II. Could be a difference maker post-II though

That being said, try to send a large update and it doesn't hurt to try! Im gonna send all my remaining schools an update when my fall semester grades come out.
Waiting for some good news post-II here!
 
FWIW I was complete in September last year, II in February, accepted in June off the wait list. Don't lose hope!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think this is correct, necessarily. It's 2 interviews, one is with faculty and the other is with a faculty OR a student.
Ah, my mistake. I was early in the season so I had 2 faculty interviews but was told they usually try to do 1 faculty and 1 student. They're all fairly conversational and laidback regardless of whether it's a student or faculty interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think this is correct, necessarily. It's 2 interviews, one is with faculty and the other is with a faculty OR a student.

I would edit that just a bit more to say that it's two interviews, one faculty and one "other" (that could be a second faculty member, a student, an admissions person, or a physician from one of Netter's community partners).
 
Actually, I interviewed mid December and I met with one faculty member and one staff member, both for about 45 minutes. Then there is a group Q&A with the Dean of Admissions.
 
I've been complete here for almost 4 months. Do you guys think sending a letter of interest/update letter would be useful? Does Netter even accept these type of letters?
 
When do they stop interviewing? I'm thinking of sending an interest/update letter next week. Hopefully that will get me some love before the interview sessions are over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do they stop interviewing? I'm thinking of sending an interest/update letter next week. Hopefully that will get me some love before the interview sessions are over.

Looking at the threads of the last two cycles, last posted IIs were in February and first week of March, so I am guessing the last interview day is at least mid-March?
 
Can you talk a little about STEP prep time? Do you guys get any designated time off? Any resources to help you study?

Currently not on my radar yet--but I know you can decide when in Year 3 to take it. Some people think they'll do better right after M2, others think they'll do better after an IM clerkship (or more). You get a 6 week block of time for dedicated studying. I can't speak personally regarding resources yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol seems like errbody be getting interviews today except for me and you 😳. 5 months as well

Right?! Maybe some of these withdrawn II will go to you and I (me?).

Now, let me get off this site because my neuroticism is through the roof right now!