2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is sending update letters recommended to Quinnipiac? :)
Doubt it'll mean much pre-II. Could be a difference maker post-II though

That being said, try to send a large update and it doesn't hurt to try! Im gonna send all my remaining schools an update when my fall semester grades come out.
Waiting for some good news post-II here!

Members don't see this ad.

FWIW I was complete in September last year, II in February, accepted in June off the wait list. Don't lose hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I was complete in September last year, II in February, accepted in June off the wait list. Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

that's amazing! do you mind sharing your stats?

did you send an update or LOI?

Reactions: 1 user
Is sending update letters recommended to Quinnipiac? :)
I sent an update letter (that also expressed interest) mid-november and just got an II Monday. Don't know if it helped or not--but apparently didn't hurt :D

Reactions: 1 users
II 30 min ago. LizzyM ~74. Complete late July or Early August.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!! II via email or portal? Thanks!

Thanks. I got an email.
Just checked the portal. Seems like both arrived at about the same time. For now the earliest interview spot is 1/27.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think this is correct, necessarily. It's 2 interviews, one is with faculty and the other is with a faculty OR a student.
Ah, my mistake. I was early in the season so I had 2 faculty interviews but was told they usually try to do 1 faculty and 1 student. They're all fairly conversational and laidback regardless of whether it's a student or faculty interview.

I don't think this is correct, necessarily. It's 2 interviews, one is with faculty and the other is with a faculty OR a student.

I would edit that just a bit more to say that it's two interviews, one faculty and one "other" (that could be a second faculty member, a student, an admissions person, or a physician from one of Netter's community partners).

Actually, I interviewed mid December and I met with one faculty member and one staff member, both for about 45 minutes. Then there is a group Q&A with the Dean of Admissions.

Does anyone know if I have a chance getting in off the waitlist here?

Do you just send your update LOR through AMCAS? Really hoping to get in here....

I've been complete here for almost 4 months. Do you guys think sending a letter of interest/update letter would be useful? Does Netter even accept these type of letters?

Can't believe that I got an II this late from Quinnipiac!
IS, 3.91, 506 non-trad

Reactions: 8 users
Wonder if a lot of people are still waiting to hear back? Complete mid Aug and no word since.

Reactions: 4 users
When do they stop interviewing? I'm thinking of sending an interest/update letter next week. Hopefully that will get me some love before the interview sessions are over.

When do they stop interviewing? I'm thinking of sending an interest/update letter next week. Hopefully that will get me some love before the interview sessions are over.

Looking at the threads of the last two cycles, last posted IIs were in February and first week of March, so I am guessing the last interview day is at least mid-March?

Looking at the threads of the last two cycles, last posted IIs were in February and first week of March, so I am guessing the last interview day is at least mid-March?

Hopefully the end of this month and February will be a good time for me then

II! Scheduled for the 27th! Looking forward to it!

Reactions: 3 users
M1 here if you got any questions/concerns about the school post-interview let me know!

M1 here if you got any questions/concerns about the school post-interview let me know!
Can you talk a little about STEP prep time? Do you guys get any designated time off? Any resources to help you study?

Can you talk a little about STEP prep time? Do you guys get any designated time off? Any resources to help you study?

Currently not on my radar yet--but I know you can decide when in Year 3 to take it. Some people think they'll do better right after M2, others think they'll do better after an IM clerkship (or more). You get a 6 week block of time for dedicated studying. I can't speak personally regarding resources yet.

What are the research opportunities at the school? Does the school help students find research positions?

Just withdrew my II, GL you guys!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted just now! Interviewed last week, super fast turnaround o: :love:

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted! I'm really surprised but so so excited! I love this school!

II this morning!!! So excited, slated for next Friday.

II this morning!!! So excited, slated for next Friday.
Congrats on the II!!! Amazing! Do you mind sharing stats and complete? Thanks and good luck!

Congrats on the II!!! Amazing! Do you mind sharing stats and complete? Thanks and good luck!
Stats added to signature. Was complete 8/3. Thanks for the well wishes!

II today, will most likely be turning it down so I hope it goes to one of you guys!
LizzyM 72ish, complete late july

Reactions: 5 users
Omg, everyone getting invited to interview! Why have you forsaken me Netter, why? I've been complete for 5 months :(

EDIT: Do they only send II on 1 day of the week?

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning. LizzyM ~65 OOS. I will mostly like decline and withdraw my app. Good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Reactions: 7 users
Omg, everyone getting invited to interview! Why have you forsaken me Netter, why? I've been complete for 5 months :(

EDIT: Do they only send II on 1 day of the week?

lol seems like errbody be getting interviews today except for me and you :oops:. 5 months as well

Reactions: 3 users
lol seems like errbody be getting interviews today except for me and you :oops:. 5 months as well

Right?! Maybe some of these withdrawn II will go to you and I (me?).

Now, let me get off this site because my neuroticism is through the roof right now!