2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol seems like errbody be getting interviews today except for me and you :oops:. 5 months as well
+2

Members don't see this ad.

Adding to the interview invite train. II today. OOS URM LizzyM 65-69 Complete in September. Available dates are Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 10. Likely going to withdraw due to costs. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Omg, everyone getting invited to interview! Why have you forsaken me Netter, why? I've been complete for 5 months :(

EDIT: Do they only send II on 1 day of the week?
Just a note. I was complete on August 3rd (had been complete for over 5 months too). January is a really active month for admissions it seems. Stay strong Im rooting for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
lol seems like errbody be getting interviews today except for me and you :oops:. 5 months as well
Still waiting on an interview too...:( let's stay strong we got this!!! go us!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this morning via email! Interview was on 1/9. So excited!! :happy:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to hear about the rejections after they did a massive wave of IIs :oops:. And I just sent in a significant update letter. Praying it wasn't too late :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
sorry to hear about the rejections after they did a massive wave of IIs :oops:. And I just sent in a significant update letter. Praying it wasn't too late :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Did you send in the update letter on the portal or did you email the admissions office?

Did you send in the update letter on the portal or did you email the admissions office?

Portal. If you look at the complete email they send you after submitting secondary they said not to send them anything via mail or email

the silence is killing meeeeee

FYI - Netter got its first match of the inaugural class this last week. An M4 matched into Urology at Brown (uro does early match)... Exciting news for the school!

Reactions: 9 users
FYI - Netter got its first match of the inaugural class this last week. An M4 matched into Urology at Brown (uro does early match)... Exciting news for the school!

Any word if they will post their match list online when it's complete? Or at sent those who have been interviewed/accepted?

Any word if they will post their match list online when it's complete? Or at sent those who have been interviewed/accepted?
They said at the interview that they would try to have it up as soon as they can.

What are the research opportunities at the school? Does the school help students find research positions?

Definitely. Part of our curriculum, Scholarly Research and Capstone Concentration means you can do a project in whatever aspect of health you desire. The school has a database of mentors/projects, or if you want to do your own research, will help you network with others in the field.

Just to give you all some motivation, I was talking with admissions office staff the other day while helping out with a tour, and they told me that several of the people in my class (I'm an M1) were at Netter's last interview date of last year's cycle. The school definitely considers everyone up until the very end. If you haven't received an II yet or you have an II but feel like you don't have a chance, don't lose hope!

Reactions: 7 users
Just to give you all some motivation, I was talking with admissions office staff the other day while helping out with a tour, and they told me that several of the people in my class (I'm an M1) were at Netter's last interview date of last year's cycle. The school definitely considers everyone up until the very end. If you haven't received an II yet or you have an II but feel like you don't have a chance, don't lose hope!
By any chance do you know when that last interview was last year?

Any recent IIs know how far out the dates are booking now?

II just now!

Reactions: 11 users
congrats! complete date??
Completed 8/20. If it makes a difference, I also called them yesterday to check up on the status of my application and received the II around 9:30 this morning.

For those accepted/wait listed have you sent in your immunization forms yet? They said to mail it to the main QU campus in Hamden do we have to designate anywhere that its supposed to go to Netter?

Does anyone know how far QU is from the New Haven Metro-North Station? I may be coming up that morning from Grand Central.

Does anyone know how far QU is from the New Haven Metro-North Station? I may be coming up that morning from Grand Central.
If I remember correctly, it took me ~20 minutes (granted, at 10 PM with little interstate traffic) to get to a hotel close to QU. On my return trip to the metro (around 7:30 AM), there was more traffic and it added 10-15 minutes.

Accepted today. Interviewed in early Jan. That email and its ambiguous subject line really threw me off. Great school, hoping for some $$$.

Reactions: 5 users
Completed 8/20. If it makes a difference, I also called them yesterday to check up on the status of my application and received the II around 9:30 this morning.
If this works, I'm about to give this a try on Monday haha. Did you ever send an update?

Giving up my II and withdrawing, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
If this works, I'm about to give this a try on Monday haha. Did you ever send an update?
I uploaded my updated transcript with Fall grades onto the portal, but that's about it.

Hello! So I recently received an II, I was wondering if anyone on here who's previously interviewed at Frank Netter knows how long the day lasts. They mentioned on the website that it lasts upwards of 6 hours, is that accurate? Just wondering because I have a 10:45 AM interview and I'm trying to schedule my flight and travel plans accordingly.

Hello! So I recently received an II, I was wondering if anyone on here who's previously interviewed at Frank Netter knows how long the day lasts. They mentioned on the website that it lasts upwards of 6 hours, is that accurate? Just wondering because I have a 10:45 AM interview and I'm trying to schedule my flight and travel plans accordingly.
The interview day schedule runs from 10:45-4:30, and it was pretty close to that. Best of luck!!!

The Dean of Admissions talks with everyone as a group last and the first thing he asked was if anyone needed to catch a flight. He personally gave the girl who needed to catch a flight to CA a tour of the building to save her time, while an MS2 gave the rest of us a tour afterwards. In other words, they are very receptive of needing to catch a flight.

The Dean of Admissions talks with everyone as a group last and the first thing he asked was if anyone needed to catch a flight. He personally gave the girl who needed to catch a flight to CA a tour of the building to save her time, while an MS2 gave the rest of us a tour afterwards. In other words, they are very receptive of needing to catch a flight.

Do you remember around what time the actual interviews concluded/when the group meeting was? Thanks for the help, also trying to figure out travel logistics.

Just withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 11 users