2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you remember around what time the actual interviews concluded/when the group meeting was? Thanks for the help, also trying to figure out travel logistics.

I don't remember when the final group meeting starts, but it generally ends at around 4 and the tour begins at that point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else been complete here since July and not heard anything yet?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am considering sending a letter of interest. How should I submit this? Portal or email? Which email?

I talked to someone in the admissions office earlier this week and they said they are extending interviews through mid February and their last interviews will be in the first week of March.

Complete since July, dying.

Reactions: 11 users
I talked to someone in the admissions office earlier this week and they said they are extending interviews through mid February and their last interviews will be in the first week of March.

Complete since July, dying.
So, if we don't get an II in another 1.5 weeks, we can just assume we've been rejected? Wow, omg

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry if this question has appeared earlier in the thread and I just haven't read it, but for all you who have settled on going to Frank Netter or are currently attending, what is it that you like most about the school? I'm currently looking through the website but I also wanted to get some other people's thoughts about studying medicine here.

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning!! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Interview invite this morning! OOS Complete 10/8

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I'm sitting on 0 acceptances. Do you guys think I should email admissions asking about my status? I'm a bit paranoid that they might rush my review to get me an answer if I do this...? But it's getting so late in the cycle, I would really like to know if I should plan for another cycle already

At this point I'm sitting on 0 acceptances. Do you guys think I should email admissions asking about my status? I'm a bit paranoid that they might rush my review to get me an answer if I do this...? But it's getting so late in the cycle, I would really like to know if I should plan for another cycle already
You should already be planning on another cycle if you are sitting on 0 acceptances.

You should already be planning on another cycle if you are sitting on 0 acceptances.
I am, just not full throttle yet. I just wanted to know if asking for a status update could possibly kill my chances here?

They seem pretty nice over the phone. You can ask whether your file has made it through review yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am withdrawing my II here. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know if Quinnipiac would be receptive to an update letter after a waitlist? Debating if and when I should send one since it says they dont pull from it til 4/30

Anyone know if Quinnipiac would be receptive to an update letter after a waitlist? Debating if and when I should send one since it says they dont pull from it til 4/30

When did you interview and when did you find out?

edit: grammar

Last edited:
IMO it's still early to hear back... 4-6 is normal and >6 is common

At the end of the interview day, we were told approx 2 weeks. Also I had a friend interview the 3rd week of Jan and was told 1st week of Feb to hear back.
But then again N=2 and we're all in the same boat anyway :shrug:

At the end of the interview day, we were told approx 2 weeks. Also I had a friend interview the 3rd week of Jan and was told 1st week of Feb to hear back.
But then again N=2 and we're all in the same boat anyway :shrug:
Gotcha, well that seems odd but if not this week then probably next, right? Best of luck

Im from CA and have an interview coming up here and trying to figure out transport there. Just wanted to hear where other people flew into or if anyone used public transport (under 25 and would prefer not renting a car)? And input would be greatly appreciated!

Im from CA and have an interview coming up here and trying to figure out transport there. Just wanted to hear where other people flew into or if anyone used public transport (under 25 and would prefer not renting a car)? And input would be greatly appreciated!

I'm from Colorado, and I interviewed on the 6th of February, so I feel your pain.

The interview page will suggest driving (either by taxi or rental car) from Bradley International Airport (BDL), an airport in Hartford. I found that to be a little annoying for a couple of reasons. It takes an hour to drive from Hartford to North Haven, and I for one always like to play it safe with flights and arrive about two hours early, so that's fairly limiting to the number of available flights coming out of BDL. The interview ends around 4:45-5:00, it's a full day, and I think it's important to stay for the tour that happens at the end because it really puts into perspective where you may be spending the next four years of your life. It's a small airport, and depending on where you're from, you may find that the only return flight that works happens the day AFTER your interview, meaning you may have to stay multiple days, which didn't really fly for me (pun intended). Plus, when I interviewed, it was ridiculously expensive to fly there, around ~600 dollars just for the flight, that's not considering the cost of a rental car or hotel (though I would check and see if that is still the case, because my interview was immediately after the Super Bowl, and that may have jacked up the prices).

I ended up flying to Washington, DC (I know people in the area, so I was able to stay with them), and drive from DC to North Haven (about a five hour drive), only to stay there one night then drive back to DC immediately after the interview. The cost of flying from Colorado to DC turned out to only be 200 dollars, and because I was sleeping on a friend's couch instead of staying at a hotel for multiple days, I ended up saving close to 300 dollars on that trip. If flying to BDL and driving isn't your favorite option, I would look and see if you know anybody in neighboring cities, and see if flying there is cheaper, you might find that you'll save some money that way.

Good luck on your interview!

EDIT: I'd check about the train connections, I know New York has a pretty far-reaching train system, so you may be able to find something there!

Anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance?

Maybe just email/call them? They'll be able to inform you better than we can.
They are likely closed due to the snow storm and I have work off today so I was hoping to get this done today to open up spots for other applicants and figured there may be others on here that may have withdrawn their application. I'm surprised people took this question so poorly.

II today! Didn't think it would happen

Reactions: 5 users
You're killing it lately - teach us your late cycle ways

To be quite honest I have no clue why 2k17 has been so good to me, its not like I've done anything too impressive lately! I think I'm just a generally borderline candidate with a few redeeming qualities that have somehow turned into interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
To be quite honest I have no clue why 2k17 has been so good to me, its not like I've done anything too impressive lately! I think I'm just a generally borderline candidate with a few redeeming qualities that have somehow turned into interviews.

That gives me hope! When were the dates available?

That gives me hope! When were the dates available?

The 17th, 20th, and 24th of February. I also called them to let them know I was in the area like two weeks ago, no idea if that helped or not

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So I've read through the thread and there is a lot of information on transportation. Have we come to a general consensus though on what is the best route? Anyone from Florida?

So I've read through the thread and there is a lot of information on transportation. Have we come to a general consensus though on what is the best route? Anyone from Florida?

Flying into New Haven is not cheap. There also won't be any non-stops from Florida most likely. If you can afford it, it will be the easiest option.

Your other flight options are NYC and Boston. From there you can either rent a car or take public transportation/train. You can expect an average travel time of 2 hours from airport to New Haven.

As @lpp06 mentioned, I think the best option is to fly into JFK/LGA and from there take public transportation to NYC (Grand Central Station specifically). From GCS, you can take the Metro North train to New Haven and Uber it from there to the school.

Another round of IIs and none of them for me :(

EDIT: Are they not closed for the snow storm then?

Another round of IIs and none of them for me :(

EDIT: Are they not closed for the snow storm then?

Seems like there is a weekly batch and we keep getting left out :oops:. I think realistically next week is the last batch of IIs if there is any left at all because they start rejecting late Feb/ early March.

I have an interview coming up here. Can anyone tell me if the campus tour is outdoors?

I have an interview coming up here. Can anyone tell me if the campus tour is outdoors?
Campus is entirely indoors, only time I was outside was walking through parking lot

Reactions: 3 users
Seems like there is a weekly batch and we keep getting left out :oops:. I think realistically next week is the last batch of IIs if there is any left at all because they start rejecting late Feb/ early March.
They also reject throughout the cycle. Why not reject us then if they wanted to? I hate being dragged along until the end only to be rejected :(

Hopefully next week will be a good week for us!

Reactions: 4 users