You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Stony Brook University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same! I think I will decline it though, hope one the rest of you gets it!II this morning!
Same! I think I will decline it though, hope one the rest of you gets it!
Complete date, IS/OOS, if you don't mind me asking? 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OOS, LM 78, complete 8-27-16. Sent an update letter about a month ago. Silence from them until today
Although the waitlist confirmation email says most movement happens in the spring., I would also like to know this. This is my top choice!Has anyone been taken off the waitlist recently?
Also, has anyone sent a letter of interest/intent?
So I was trying to do some research but couldn't find much about this but how friendly is stony brook with the LGBT community? Any current students care to elaborate?
Although the waitlist confirmation email says most movement happens in the spring., I would also like to know this. This is my top choice!
Are you planning to send them a letter of interest/intent at all? I've been debating it, but not sure if they are receptive to it.
Just got accepted this morning via email!
FIRST ACCEPTANCE! I CAN BE A DOCTOR!
I was complete in October, interviewed earlier this January. That was fast.
...but it's contingent on my taking a cell biology or genetics course? Really??? Two semesters of bio/lab, plus biochemistry, don't count?? I'm not IN school right now, what the hell...
I was complete in October, interviewed earlier this January. That was fast.
...but it's contingent on my taking a cell biology or genetics course? Really??? Two semesters of bio/lab, plus biochemistry, don't count?? I'm not IN school right now, what the hell...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!FIRST ACCEPTANCE! I CAN BE A DOCTOR!
I was complete in October, interviewed earlier this January. That was fast.
...but it's contingent on my taking a cell biology or genetics course? Really??? Two semesters of bio/lab, plus biochemistry, don't count?? I'm not IN school right now, what the hell...
I had an acceptance contingent on a second semester gen chem (not stony... they waitlisted me 🙁). Regardless of the year of organic, biochem, research and grad degree in chemistry... I went to a quarter system undergrad, so I had 2/3 of a year of general chem, but that missing 1/3 seemed important. For some unknown reason. It's a weird game, sometimes....
Congrats again though!
Congrats!! I thought they said decisions for January interviews would be in late February though.FIRST ACCEPTANCE! I CAN BE A DOCTOR!
I was complete in October, interviewed earlier this January. That was fast.
...but it's contingent on my taking a cell biology or genetics course? Really??? Two semesters of bio/lab, plus biochemistry, don't count?? I'm not IN school right now, what the hell...
Congrats!! I thought they said decisions for January interviews would be in late February though.
Yeah, I think at my interview they said the standard "march-ish" thing. The email came completely out of the blue (and thank god, because I spent the morning crying about a waitlist and two silent rejections). Maybe they just overestimate the time so we're all extra happy when the wait is shorter than expected.
Stony Brook saves the day! I absolutely loved the school when I interviewed, so I hope I get the same news as you 🙂Yeah, I think at my interview they said the standard "march-ish" thing. The email came completely out of the blue (and thank god, because I spent the morning crying about a waitlist and two silent rejections). Maybe they just overestimate the time so we're all extra happy when the wait is shorter than expected.
Definitely. I'm just working on my EC's now and I'll update them in the next few months before movement actually happens in the Spring.Are you planning to send them a letter of interest/intent at all? I've been debating it, but not sure if they are receptive to it.
Can OOS students here get in-state tuition starting from the 2nd year?
D
deleted789565
Does anybody who received the financial aid email know what the "Citizen/Eligible Non-Citizen Verification Form" is? It says that we should have already submitted this but I don't recall doing so/can't seem to figure out what it is
I gave up my acceptance today. Good luck to those on the waitlist, I hope one of your butts get that seat.
Does anybody who received the financial aid email know what the "Citizen/Eligible Non-Citizen Verification Form" is? It says that we should have already submitted this but I don't recall doing so/can't seem to figure out what it is
I didn't get this in my email. I just got the institutional/need based form along with the credit policy form.
I gave up my acceptance today. Good luck to those on the waitlist, I hope one of your butts get that seat.
You the real one, my friend!
Are there any originally OOS med students at Stony Brook on this thread? I would really appreciate talking to one of you about the process of getting in-state tuition
So I was trying to do some research but couldn't find much about this but how friendly is stony brook with the LGBT community? Any current students care to elaborate?
Anyone have anything?
Do you guys think I should send an update here pre-II? Really want to get into this school and this one of my top choices (among those I have left at least)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II!!! Complete 12/28 IS LM~71
Congrats! When did you interview?
when did you interview?
Does anyone have any experience with the turner fellowship they offer?
would anyone be able to post the stony brook match list from last year? I heard it was given out on interview day and i can't find it online
Welcome future classmates!
Interviewed the same day as you and was accepted. Also trying to find a FB page for accepted students.
Wwee u nominated for it? ?Does anyone have any experience with the turner fellowship they offer?
That is for the dental school.I believe it is this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sbusdm2021/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is for the dental school.
You're totally right--haha nevermind.
Interviewed the same day as you and was accepted. Also trying to find a FB page for accepted students.
daaang. 2 week turnaround? any stats for us thirsty peeps?
also can any current OOS/international student elaborate on the financials? the quote that was sent to me was 370k USD. i'm not sure if that's just tuition (which would be a tough pill to swallow) or tuition + living (which is slightly a bit better).
In the PDF attached to your acceptance email, you should be able to find a table with the fee breakdown at the very end. I believe the 370k USD also includes living expenses, based on the info from that table.daaang. 2 week turnaround? any stats for us thirsty peeps?
also can any current OOS/international student elaborate on the financials? the quote that was sent to me was 370k USD. i'm not sure if that's just tuition (which would be a tough pill to swallow) or tuition + living (which is slightly a bit better).
Does this also apply to international students tho?I believe you can get NY state residency after the first year, which would greatly reduce tuition
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K