2016-2017 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the e-mail address to send official transcripts to after receiving the II?
I remember they had it listed on the interview request document, but no access to it now that I've scheduled..

[email protected] !

Members don't see this ad.

When are we gonna get axed? They axed people last Year in mid November.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do they look at how many days you took to submit the secondary??

I submitted mine on day 44 out of the 45 day deadline :'(

II.....
I am so unbelievably nauseas from how excited i just got...

Now I have a question, my stats were on the low end 507 MCAT 3.4ish sGPA and 3.57 GPA....

I also received a C- my last quarter in o chem lab. I want to retake it but there's a bit of an issue as i graduated from that school already...

Am I essentially setup for failure..?
Also if there are an DGSOM students who are willing to talk to me about the MMIs I'd really appreciate it.

Reactions: 5 users
.... Anybody else still waiting to receive a secondary?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
II.....

Now I have a question, my stats were on the low end 507 MCAT 3.4ish sGPA and 3.57 GPA....

I also received a C- my last quarter in o chem lab. I want to retake it but there's a bit of an issue as i graduated from that school already...

Also if there are an DGSOM students who are willing to talk to me about the MMIs I'd really appreciate it.

Congrats!!!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!

Oh thank god!
I thought I wouldn't be able to explain myself in person.
I have a very unique background regarding work and school balance... like working 30 hrs a week while going to school that I would want to explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Oh thank god!
I thought I wouldn't be able to explain myself in person.
I have a very unique background regarding work and school balance... like working 30 hrs a week while going to school that I would want to explain.

Best of luck!

You may want to remove the specifics about the MMI from your post. You don't want to violate that NDA on accident.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

We can't talk specifics about the MMI. But almost everyone I've talked to in my class thought that our interview was either the hardest or one of the hardest MMIs we had in our cycle, and many of us came out thinking we didn't do terribly well. But, seeing as we all got accepted, don't worry too much about it if you also feel like it was a hard interview!

I wouldn't be so worried about those numbers you're concerned about. UCLA--including the Drew, Prime, and MSTP programs here--saw around 15,000 applications last year, meaning that, of all of the applicants applying to US medical schools, and entire 1/3rd applied here. We're not exactly struggling to fill up interview slots, so if you got an II, then admissions is interested in you. Good luck, and see you here in your fresh-pressed interview suit soon!

II.....

I am in a similar situation as you. I had a pretty big family event occur shortly before starting college and had to work a lot since age 16 and through college as well. My stats are below. I have clinical experience as well and have worked with underserved populations. I recieved a II and am so nauseous thinking about how I compare to others that are interviewing with better numbers than me. This is my only II so far and I tear up at the thought of rejection, now that I'll spend even more money, get a little taste of UCLA at the interview and get my hopes up more than ever. Hopefully you and I can meet in the future as soon to be students there!! :)

I received secondaries from every UC by August but had heard nothing from UCLA. I called UCLA admissions this week to make sure everything was moving along and they said my application was currently under review, and that I should get an update soon. I got a secondary invite the next day! Not sure if my call made the difference or just a crazy coincidence.

Reactions: 3 users
Called the office; they plan to send out secondaries through the end of the month. There's still hope yet!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when they stop sending II / when their last interview days are?

Called the office; they plan to send out secondaries through the end of the month. There's still hope yet!

Thanks for posting! That's good to hear. UCLA's the last school I'm waiting to hear back from :|

Rejected MSTP, LM 72. Complete early August

.... Anybody else still waiting to receive a secondary?

Yup. Got secondary from UCI within days of submitting, got one from UCR after maybe a month or 2. Got notification from UCSD that my primary app was under review and stay patient. Nothing from UCLA.

Yup. Got secondary from UCI within days of submitting, got one from UCR after maybe a month or 2. Got notification from UCSD that my primary app was under review and stay patient. Nothing from UCLA.

Congrats on secondaries from UCI and UCR! First hurdle done. There's still time for an ii

Applying in CA is a really interesting process... To be honest, I'm glad the UCs screen (UCD rejected me outright). I truly hate the thought of wasting time/money on an applications to schools unlikely to accept me.

So, UCLA... thanks for letting me keep some $ in the bank and sparing me writer's burnout (for now).

I'm confused bc I almost automatically got a secondary and its been silence ever since....

Has anyone tried calling them about not receiving a secondary?

Complete, with secondary, since the beginning of September. Nothing but silence since.

So they mentioned they'd probably extend a few acceptances in mid-December... Anyone else freaking out every time their phone rings?

Anybody else having trouble saving and submitting their secondary? The page keeps saying there's an internal server error.

Anybody else having trouble saving and submitting their secondary? The page keeps saying there's an internal server error.

It has to do with the word count and the way the system interprets word limit across different platforms. I think the consensus was you have to be around 480 words if you are working from word for each individual response.

It has to do with the word count and the way the system interprets word limit across different platforms. I think the consensus was you have to be around 480 words if you are working from word for each individual response.

Yep, that was it! My character count was under 800 by a couple characters but I was copy/pasting from word. Thanks!

I called and they are planning to send more secondaries by the end of December and in to the beginning of January! I am over here hoping they give me one!

I called and they are planning to send more secondaries by the end of December and in to the beginning of January! I am over here hoping they give me one!

Did they say anything about sending pre secondary rejections? Or is everyone still be considered until January when they send the last batch

Did they say anything about sending pre secondary rejections? Or is everyone still be considered until January when they send the last batch
She did not specify that. I am assuming that if we haven't heard anything post primary, we are all in the running to get a secondary.

Is this just speculating because last year they gave their first acceptances on 12/18 or did you get called?!

They said the first batch of acceptances may come out before Christmas. I think it will be by mail or/and email. Not a phone call.

I interviewed here this week and they said that last year they got a few acceptances out before Christmas and there is a small possibility that it will happen again, but seemed doubtful.

Last edited: