You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected, complete July
I
iandraggia
How receptive is Cornell to letters of intent and/or virgin sacrificial ceremonies?
I've heard of students in the past send LOI post-waitlist, but virgin sacrificial ceremonies have to be sent through AMCAS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to the everyone accepted to the Tri-I MD-PhD Program today!
congrats!
Lol the universe really does not want me to be in New York, this is my second NYC rejection today! Complete mid-August, LizzyM ~74.
omg we are on the same boat, UNIVERSE PLEASE! ::><::
Lol the universe really does not want me to be in New York, this is my second NYC rejection today! Complete mid-August, LizzyM ~74.
+1 second NYC rejection today
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected today. Love from other ny schools made this one hurt less
What other NYC school?
What other NYC school?
NYU had a bloodbath today. Their interview season ends this week so a ton of people got rejected.
omg we are on the same boat, UNIVERSE PLEASE! ::><::
Sammeeee. I just said that to my BFF who lives in NYC. It hurts a bit but there is always residency. Good luck to everyone else!
Is Cornell receptive to ITA?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was it yesterday or today?Rejected as well. Complete since late July. LizzyM ~ 78.
I
iandraggia
Rejected today. This one stings a bit, since I have some connections to the school and I know how great it is.
+1, was my top choice and I also went to Cornell for undergrad. I'm also currently doing research there, so this is gonna be awkward lol
Cornell just gave me the "Bye Felisha"
Throw me on the rejection train b o y z
Throw me on the rejection train b o y z
Also rejected just now. Complete early July, LM ~74. This one hurts since I made it through so many other rejection waves!
Sorry for all the rejections today.
Cornell is receptive to ITA emails, we interview until the end of January. If you live within 2-3 hours of NYC it's not really useful to send an ITA email, you live in the area.
Letters of intent can be sent after an interview or when you are on the waitlist, but tread carefully. Admissions directors know one another and if it is discovered you've written more than one intent letter you can be sure you'll be blacklisted. That's not to say you can't write multiple interest letters.
Update letters are always great to send in pre- or post interview, if you have an update. That's not "I still really want to go to Cornell", but if you're alerting admissions about a publication, new grades, awards, etc. you can absolutely slide that in tactfully.
To echo above, virgin sacrifices should be sent through AMCAS with a notary signature.
Cornell is receptive to ITA emails, we interview until the end of January. If you live within 2-3 hours of NYC it's not really useful to send an ITA email, you live in the area.
Letters of intent can be sent after an interview or when you are on the waitlist, but tread carefully. Admissions directors know one another and if it is discovered you've written more than one intent letter you can be sure you'll be blacklisted. That's not to say you can't write multiple interest letters.
Update letters are always great to send in pre- or post interview, if you have an update. That's not "I still really want to go to Cornell", but if you're alerting admissions about a publication, new grades, awards, etc. you can absolutely slide that in tactfully.
To echo above, virgin sacrifices should be sent through AMCAS with a notary signature.
An ITA would basically be pointless if I were to be in New York the first week on February then? 🙁Sorry for all the rejections today.
Cornell is receptive to ITA emails, we interview until the end of January. If you live within 2-3 hours of NYC it's not really useful to send an ITA email, you live in the area.
Letters of intent can be sent after an interview or when you are on the waitlist, but tread carefully. Admissions directors know one another and if it is discovered you've written more than one intent letter you can be sure you'll be blacklisted. That's not to say you can't write multiple interest letters.
Update letters are always great to send in pre- or post interview, if you have an update. That's not "I still really want to go to Cornell", but if you're alerting admissions about a publication, new grades, awards, etc. you can absolutely slide that in tactfully.
To echo above, virgin sacrifices should be sent through AMCAS with a notary signature.
Sorry for all the rejections today.
Cornell is receptive to ITA emails, we interview until the end of January. If you live within 2-3 hours of NYC it's not really useful to send an ITA email, you live in the area.
Letters of intent can be sent after an interview or when you are on the waitlist, but tread carefully. Admissions directors know one another and if it is discovered you've written more than one intent letter you can be sure you'll be blacklisted. That's not to say you can't write multiple interest letters.
Update letters are always great to send in pre- or post interview, if you have an update. That's not "I still really want to go to Cornell", but if you're alerting admissions about a publication, new grades, awards, etc. you can absolutely slide that in tactfully.
To echo above, virgin sacrifices should be sent through AMCAS with a notary signature.
Does that mean the latest we can get an II is early Jan? Since interviews end late Jan....
How should I write an ITA? Short and sweet, i.e. Hi, I'll be in NY around so and so day, if I'm in consideration at all could this be taken into account?
Thanks!
While we're on the topic, are Penn and Columbia receptive to ITAs? They're all basically right there.. 😛
Thanks!
While we're on the topic, are Penn and Columbia receptive to ITAs? They're all basically right there.. 😛
Sorry for all the rejections today.
Cornell is receptive to ITA emails, we interview until the end of January. If you live within 2-3 hours of NYC it's not really useful to send an ITA email, you live in the area.
Letters of intent can be sent after an interview or when you are on the waitlist, but tread carefully. Admissions directors know one another and if it is discovered you've written more than one intent letter you can be sure you'll be blacklisted. That's not to say you can't write multiple interest letters.
Update letters are always great to send in pre- or post interview, if you have an update. That's not "I still really want to go to Cornell", but if you're alerting admissions about a publication, new grades, awards, etc. you can absolutely slide that in tactfully.
To echo above, virgin sacrifices should be sent through AMCAS with a notary signature.
The application portal says Cornell interviews until early March, is that not accurate?
Same questionThe application portal says Cornell interviews until early March, is that not accurate?
They send out their acceptances in early March, I thought. I figure they probably stop interviewing a month or so prior to that so they have time to evaluate and rank all of the applicants.
Silence [emoji28]
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same but I feel like the rejection is inevitable
An ITA would basically be pointless if I were to be in New York the first week on February then? 🙁
As in starting Sunday Feb5th or the week prior? Honestly both might be worth it. 2 years ago we interviewed through the first week in February. Send one in early-mid January, worst they can say is no.
Does that mean the latest we can get an II is early Jan? Since interviews end late Jan....
I'm not a member of the committee so I can't speak to when they absolutely end, but I would say mid-Jan is when the last will go out based off speaking to peers.
How should I write an ITA? Short and sweet, i.e. Hi, I'll be in NY around so and so day, if I'm in consideration at all could this be taken into account?
Thanks!
While we're on the topic, are Penn and Columbia receptive to ITAs? They're all basically right there.. 😛
No idea about the peer institutions but yes, short and sweet - mention you're still very interested in the school.
The application portal says Cornell interviews until early March, is that not accurate?
Same question
They send out their acceptances in early March, I thought. I figure they probably stop interviewing a month or so prior to that so they have time to evaluate and rank all of the applicants.
We've never interviewed through early-March. If it says it on your portal maybe they're trying something new, but that would be unprecedented. Acceptances/WL/post-interview rejections go out in early March.
No idea about the peer institutions but yes, short and sweet - mention you're still very interested in the school.
Thanks! I dug up an old thread that said the others were receptive as well and sent all of them 😛
Although in my case it might not help me haha, my interview in the area is on Jan 4th so I'm giving the schools a pretty tight window to accommodate me... Penn already replied saying they resume interviews on Jan 4 so I'm assuming the same applies for other schools. Ah well, I tried.
Anyone send in an update and not receive a confirmation email?
I did not either - did you end up calling them/checking in?
Rejected just now 🙁
omg, jsut reject me already, keep me hanging, when we know our
Same, OOS, complete mid August, LizzyM unknownJust got my pre-II rejection 🙁
LizzyM ≥75, OOS, complete mid October
preII rejection just now. LM>80. OOS. complete in summer.
Smh just reject me already Cornell
I keep checking my email expecting a rejection. Complete in summer and sent an ITA a few weeks ago with no word back yet.
Smh just reject me already Cornell
I keep checking my email expecting a rejection. Complete in summer and sent an ITA a few weeks ago with no word back yet.
Same here. But an II would also be cool or whatever.
+1Same here. But an II would also be cool or whatever.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seeing all these rejections and knowing I'm next
.