You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just finished my interview. I don't know about anyone else, but I was blown away by how nice the faculty and students were at Cornell. I already felt like I was part of the family. And its prime spot in Manhattan is the icing on the cake. For people who are going to interview, be sure to be prepared to talk about why you're a good fit! They really emphasize that, especially if you're from California.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you mind providing when you were complete? Been complete since September and haven't heard either way. Thank you
Just finished my interview. I don't know about anyone else, but I was blown away by how nice the faculty and students were at Cornell. I already felt like I was part of the family. And its prime spot in Manhattan is the icing on the cake. For people who are going to interview, be sure to be prepared to talk about why you're a good fit! They really emphasize that, especially if you're from California.
I felt the exact same way. I heard rumors about the environment being cutthroat but I found everyone I met was very genuine. Hoping we hear good news in a month!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
what date do we hear back? does anyone know the exact date or is it just sometime in march? thanks!
Rejected pre-II
Lizzy M ~75
Lizzy M ~75
Rejected pre-II today. Lizzy M ~78
Rejected pre-II
Lizzy M ~75
Rejected pre-II today. Lizzy M ~78
Can you share when you were complete?
Can you share when you were complete?
Late July!
Happy thoughts 🙂
Will be interviewing here in two days, any suggestions about what to expect?!Did they say anything about thank you notes at anyone else's interview day?
Thanks
Did they say anything about thank you notes at anyone else's interview day?
Interviewed a couple weeks ago, and one of the 1st year students with whom I had the chance to talk during lunch really recommended sending em as soon as possible after the interview, which I did. Won't hurt I think... and I had to ask since I know one of the other schools I applied to explicitly said "no thank you letters." Haha
Will be interviewing here in two days, any suggestions about what to expect?!
Thanks
Found admissions to be very welcoming! At least for me, the interviews were also both really relaxed and conversational. Had a great time!
If you happen to find yourself with some downtime during the day, make sure to take the chance to see the surrounding area! They'll give ya a list of places to see in the meantime, too 🙂 Best of luck!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed a couple weeks ago, and one of the 1st year students with whom I had the chance to talk during lunch really recommended sending em as soon as possible after the interview, which I did. Won't hurt I think... and I had to ask since I know one of the other schools I applied to explicitly said "no thank you letters." Haha
Found admissions to be very welcoming! At least for me, the interviews were also both really relaxed and conversational. Had a great time!
If you happen to find yourself with some downtime during the day, make sure to take the chance to see the surrounding area! They'll give ya a list of places to see in the meantime, too 🙂 Best of luck!
Will be interviewing here in two days, any suggestions about what to expect?!
Thanks
if you want to your the hospital, make sure you tour the hospital yourself because it's not part of the official tour
Last year they came out on February 24. It could be soon!Does anyone know when decisions come out?
Oh what **** you I thought it was mid-March why did I even check this thread lmaoLast year they came out on February 24. It could be soon!
It's been variable-- judging from past threads, it looks like decisions were posted about anywhere between the end of February and mid-March...eep.Oh what **** you I thought it was mid-March why did I even check this thread lmao
Jesus they released early last year...
Anyone remember what the admissions said about this? I distinctly remember them saying March and not Feb
Anyone remember what the admissions said about this? I distinctly remember them saying March and not Feb
For some reason I had mid March in my mind... I hope I'm wrong and it's really late Feb! [emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
For some reason I had mid March in my mind... I hope I'm wrong and it's really late Feb! [emoji28]
This would make my week... no, my entire year.
Last year they came out on February 24. It could be soon!
I was also under the impression that decisions come in March based on what MSAR said.
On a side note, I now regret checking this thread. Lol.
Same... lolI was also under the impression that decisions come in March based on what MSAR said.
On a side note, I now regret checking this thread. Lol.
It seems that for at least the last 2 years, decisions came out 2 weeks +/- 1 day after the final interview date. Does anyone know when the last interview date was? It looks like kalipulako interviewed on Feb 14th.
The last interview date was Feb 16th if I remember correctly from when I was scheduling.
Yupp- it was Feb 16th
Praying/hoping for good news for everyone in here (including myself) in the coming days!! I know I'll be clenching my butt cheeks this week...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone brave enough to give them a call to ask when decisions will be made?
Did anyone else get an email today asking for them to call the office with their SS# for financial aid purposes?
Before anyone freaks out this is probably because at your interview you didn't write down your SS# on the form they had you sign when you entered, they told us they'd call us later if we didn't want to write it down on a piece of paper and ask us for the info (regardless of interview outcome obviously).
Before anyone freaks out this is probably because at your interview you didn't write down your SS# on the form they had you sign when you entered, they told us they'd call us later if we didn't want to write it down on a piece of paper and ask us for the info (regardless of interview outcome obviously).
Thank you for posting this and easing everyone's souls hahaha. I was indeed starting to freak out
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
On their website it says the month of April, but they don't have specific dates on thereDoes anyone know when Second Look / Revisit might be? I know no one's been accepted yet but maybe someone's mentioned the weekend in the later interviews?
last interview was earlier this week so no decisions expected till mid March...
Well, ****.
agreed!Well, ****.
Does anyone know when Second Look / Revisit might be? I know no one's been accepted yet but maybe someone's mentioned the weekend in the later interviews?
Revisit weekend is April 21st-23rd.
L
Lelelele1992
I may well be delusional, but my gut is still telling me that we'll hear later this week...Well, ****.
we have to hear before march 15 so any day now!!!!
I may well be delusional, but my gut is still telling me that we'll hear later this week...
Can we have some fun and make signature bets on when Cornell will start releasing admissions?we have to hear before march 15 so any day now!!!!
Something unique and silly for the losers and something funny for the people that guess the correct date. Will make getting rejected easier! lol
Ooo I like it.Can we have some fun and make signature bets on when Cornell will start releasing admissions?
Something unique and silly for the losers and something funny for the people that guess the correct date. Will make getting rejected easier! lol
I'm guessing Monday March 13 at 3pm
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we don't hear anything by Saturday, I'm most likely going to be at the beach. Sitting in a beach chair - beer in hand - doesn't seem like the worst place to take a rejection. Best of luck y'all.
Ooo I like it.
I'm guessing Monday March 13 at 3pm
I'm going to bet the 15th. But I'm also holding off for tomorrow
Ooo I like it.
I'm guessing Monday March 13 at 3pm
I'll take the 14th! Monday gon be a little grace period as they finalize thingsI'm going to bet the 15th. But I'm also holding off for tomorrow
I just want to hear back... I was surprised to even get an invite based on my stats so I'm fully expecting a rejection post-interview. I just want to waiting and uncertainty to end 😵