2017-2018 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know when we will receive the laptops?
During orientation week you will be given your laptop and ipad and they will help you set up the programs/applications that you will need installed too.
For us, I'm pretty sure it was the first day of orientation week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard a rumor that the laptop and ipad is not ours to keep and will have to be given back after the four years. Is that right?

I heard a rumor that the laptop and ipad is not ours to keep and will have to be given back after the four years. Is that right?
That is true but there is a rumor that we will be given the option to purchase them at the end of our four years for a very low cost but no one is sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is true but there is a rumor that we will be given the option to purchase them at the end of our four years for a very low cost but no one is sure.

I heard we give admins like a dollar or something and we get to keep them lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys is anyone leaving Dothan and trying to sell their furniture? I got a studio apartment at summer fields and im looking for basically everything lol

Hey guys is anyone leaving Dothan and trying to sell their furniture? I got a studio apartment at summer fields and im looking for basically everything lol

You’ll have better luck if you post on the fb 2022 page.

Hey everyone.. I applied here this application cycle and just got an email saying that they have not selected me for an interview at this time. I was just wondering if anyone else was in this position and if they had gotten an interview later on in the cycle.

Hey everyone.. I applied here this application cycle and just got an email saying that they have not selected me for an interview at this time. I was just wondering if anyone else was in this position and if they had gotten an interview later on in the cycle.
Are you a competitive applicant? If so, I would contact admissions and see if this was maybe a mistake. If not, improve your CV and good luck for the rest of the application cycle

Are you a competitive applicant? If so, I would contact admissions and see if this was maybe a mistake. If not, improve your CV and good luck for the rest of the application cycle
I think I am competitive, lots of healthcare experience and good gpa. They said my application will remain active and I could be chosen for an interview later on.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
Have been accepted to ACOM and quite thrilled. I am on my gap year. . Based on your experience in the first /second year of medical school, what advice do you have for me as far as 2 subjects I could take in my gap year before joining the med school in order to be successful ( WISH YOU HAD TAKEN)

Have been accepted to ACOM and quite thrilled. I am on my gap year. . Based on your experience in the first /second year of medical school, what advice do you have for me as far as 2 subjects I could take in my gap year before joining the med school in order to be successful ( WISH YOU HAD TAKEN)

Take anatomy! It's the hardest class we've got going on right now.

Immunology and microbiology