You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Boston University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone have an idea what the two rounds of interviews means? Do we have to interview twice, or do they do admissions decisions after each round?
If it is like previous years, they split the interview season to Sept-Dec and Jan-Mar.Does anyone have an idea what the two rounds of interviews means? Do we have to interview twice, or do they do admissions decisions after each round?
Decisions for the Sept-Dec group comes in January. Most people are either deffered to March or rejected. Some students are accepted.
In March, the rest of the decisions come out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Mind sharing your stats?II! Super excited to interview at BU 😀
Edit: Complete 7/17!
Not at this school but at a different school when it asks for a nickname I wrote "N/A" and when i check my application status it says " N/A's application status" i hope this doesn't sink me....
EDIT: Called them and they fixed it 🙂
I actually chuckled, "Congrats N/A you have been invited to interview..."
lol yeah the lady wouldnt stop laughing at me hahaI actually chuckled, "Congrats N/A you have been invited to interview..."
Congrats everyone above!
II this morning also! Complete 7/13, LM ~76
II this morning also! Complete 7/13, LM ~76
How optional is the optional essays? Has anyone who got an II left those blank? Don't really have anything to add other than a diversity essay or something but don't know if its worthwhile..
People on previous years who left them blank got accepted so they're pretty optional, they're just for people who actually have more important information to shareHow optional is the optional essays? Has anyone who got an II left those blank? Don't really have anything to add other than a diversity essay or something but don't know if its worthwhile..
II yesterday (completed 7/22)!
II!!!!
Completed July 27th. WedgeDawg score of 70.
Anyone who has interviewed at Boston or currently goes to school there, where is the best place to stay the night before?
Completed July 27th. WedgeDawg score of 70.
Anyone who has interviewed at Boston or currently goes to school there, where is the best place to stay the night before?
Last edited:
II!!!!
Completed July 27th.
Anyone who has interviewed at Boston or currently goes to school there, where is the best place to stay the night before?
I was there for my SMP. Not sure about hotels close by to south end but I'd try to stay nearby if you can. There's a free BU bus that runs from the undergrad area to the med school that is pretty useful later in the day, but traffic gets pretty gnarly in the morning and evening. Especially if the weather sucks.
Lyft/uber are also pretty useful in Boston.
I was there for my SMP. Not sure about hotels close by to south end but I'd try to stay nearby if you can. There's a free BU bus that runs from the undergrad area to the med school that is pretty useful later in the day, but traffic gets pretty gnarly in the morning and evening. Especially if the weather sucks.
Lyft/uber are also pretty useful in Boston.
If they start at 7:30 would you recommend calling an uber by 7 am? They sent us a link about hotels so I think I will try one of those. I will be coming during a weekend so do you have any food recommendations or anything else I should check out? Who knows it might be the first and last time I go to Boston xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II!! Now...waiting for some love by that other Boston school...
525 MCAT, 3.75/3.68 c/sGPA, complete 7/21
525 MCAT, 3.75/3.68 c/sGPA, complete 7/21
If they start at 7:30 would you recommend calling an uber by 7 am? They sent us a link about hotels so I think I will try one of those. I will be coming during a weekend so do you have any food recommendations or anything else I should check out? Who knows it might be the first and last time I go to Boston xD
Depends on the weather (snow starts to pick up ~ end november/december) and where your hotel is. But I would leave earlier if I were you considering how unpredictable the traffic can be. Leaving around 6:30-45, the traffic shouldn't be too bad. BUMC is always open and there is a small waiting area with couches where you can prepare right where you enter. You may also be able to sneak into an unscheduled room if it's that early and use it to practice aloud if you want.
Sure! There are actually some good food places nearby. Blunch and Flour are really good brunch spots just a few blocks away. Pizza Stop and Cafe quattro have some really bomb pizza and are both really cheap. There is also a more upscale but really good tapas place nearby but idr the name. If you take the BU bus from the medical school to the symphony area (15-20 min north of BUMC) and near the undergrad (30 min north of BUMC), there are some really good restaurants as well.
Depends on the weather (snow starts to pick up ~ end november/december) and where your hotel is. But I would leave earlier if I were you considering how unpredictable the traffic can be. Leaving around 6:30-45, the traffic shouldn't be too bad. BUMC is always open and there is a small waiting area with couches where you can prepare right where you enter. You may also be able to sneak into an unscheduled room if it's that early and use it to practice aloud if you want.
Sure! There are actually some good food places nearby. Blunch and Flour are really good brunch spots just a few blocks away. Pizza Stop and Cafe quattro have some really bomb pizza and are both really cheap. There is also a more upscale but really good tapas place nearby but idr the name. If you take the BU bus from the medical school to the symphony area (15-20 min north of BUMC) and near the undergrad (30 min north of BUMC), there are some really good restaurants as well.
Sweet thank you for the info!
Depends on the weather (snow starts to pick up ~ end november/december) and where your hotel is. But I would leave earlier if I were you considering how unpredictable the traffic can be. Leaving around 6:30-45, the traffic shouldn't be too bad. BUMC is always open and there is a small waiting area with couches where you can prepare right where you enter. You may also be able to sneak into an unscheduled room if it's that early and use it to practice aloud if you want.
Sure! There are actually some good food places nearby. Blunch and Flour are really good brunch spots just a few blocks away. Pizza Stop and Cafe quattro have some really bomb pizza and are both really cheap. There is also a more upscale but really good tapas place nearby but idr the name. If you take the BU bus from the medical school to the symphony area (15-20 min north of BUMC) and near the undergrad (30 min north of BUMC), there are some really good restaurants as well.
Current Boston resident--can attest that Flour is probably my favorite brunch place ever. They always have salads/sandwiches and a rotating selection of pastries, and I personally adore the breakfast sandwich with bacon 😊 They can get busy pretty quickly on weekends though so be prepared for a bit of a wait if you decide to check it out later in the day!
There is a Holiday Inn Express 5 mins south of the school that has a shuttle that takes you to the school if you ask.II!!!!
Completed July 27th. WedgeDawg score of 70.
Anyone who has interviewed at Boston or currently goes to school there, where is the best place to stay the night before?
If they start at 7:30 would you recommend calling an uber by 7 am? They sent us a link about hotels so I think I will try one of those. I will be coming during a weekend so do you have any food recommendations or anything else I should check out? Who knows it might be the first and last time I go to Boston xD
I know its relatively far across the river but if you are in the Cambridge area you have to go to Bagelsaurus its the greatest place on earth, its like .75mi north of Harvard on Mass Ave near Porter Square
II today, completed 8/3
Congrats on your interview!! do you mind sharing your stats?II today, completed 8/3
Yeah sure, 3.6 GPA, 514 MCAT, 3.57 Sci GPACongrats on your interview!! do you mind sharing your stats?
Current MAMS student, hoping for some love from BU
Is there a place that asks about connection to BU? If my fiancé (or if I say husband) went there for medical school, would it help?
II today!! So incredibly thankful!! (3.43 | 526 | complete 7/18)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
C
catdog12345
wow congrats! mind sharing your stats? i was complete the same day and have not heard anythingFirst II today!!! Completed 8-9. Beyond excited!
4.0 and 522. hopefully you'll hear back soon!! i'm also from the area, so that may be why they got back pretty quicklywow congrats! mind sharing your stats? i was complete the same day and have not heard anything
anybody been rejected yet? have not heard from BU
Does anyone who applied last year know if interviewing in September increases your chance of gaining an admission in Jan or March? I know for some schools when you interview doesn't necessarily matter, but I haven't seen anyone comment on that for BU. Just want to keep my expectations at a realistic level.
Also is there is II/Post-Acceptance chart for med schools? MSAR only has interview and matriculation.
Also is there is II/Post-Acceptance chart for med schools? MSAR only has interview and matriculation.
Does anyone who applied last year know if interviewing in September increases your chance of gaining an admission in Jan or March? I know for some schools when you interview doesn't necessarily matter, but I haven't seen anyone comment on that for BU. Just want to keep my expectations at a realistic level.
Also is there is II/Post-Acceptance chart for med schools? MSAR only has interview and matriculation.
This is info from usnews
This is info from usnews
I think from last year? I found it on reddit
I don't remember the specific thread nor can I give links, but I do remember @LizzyM doing a little analysis on the timing of interviews. She found a statistically significant relationship between having an II before Thanksgiving and an acceptance in the bag by the end of it all.Does anyone who applied last year know if interviewing in September increases your chance of gaining an admission in Jan or March? I know for some schools when you interview doesn't necessarily matter, but I haven't seen anyone comment on that for BU. Just want to keep my expectations at a realistic level.
Also is there is II/Post-Acceptance chart for med schools? MSAR only has interview and matriculation.
I don't remember the specific thread nor can I give links, but I do remember @LizzyM doing a little analysis on the timing of interviews. She found a statistically significant relationship between having an II before Thanksgiving and an acceptance in the bag by the end of it all.
I never did any analysis. It was more of a set of observations made over time.
But you did come to some sort of "statistically significant" conclusion, no? I'd say that's an analysis in some sense or another...I never did any analysis. It was more of a set of observations made over time.
That's semantics though, not worth going into here! As for your question specifically, @tekkenman11, I don't know of any specific info on that for BU. I'd say your best bet is to look at the threads from previous years; remember, however, SDN is a small subset of a much larger population of applicants, so be weary of drawing any absolute conclusions.
C
catdog12345
is anyone elses portal not working?
+1is anyone elses portal not working?
II just now, ORM, OOS, stats (3.8+, 515+), Early october dates and one late september
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now, complete Aug 9th. LM 67-72
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K