2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call an hour ago; accepted off the waitlist. This is my first acceptance. Hang in there everyone!

So they are calling, not emailing? That is so wonderful to hear. It didn’t really move until July last year so it’s nice that this cycle it is happening a bit earlier. And of course congrats to you :)

So they are calling, not emailing? That is so wonderful to hear. It didn’t really move until July last year so it’s nice that this cycle it is happening a bit earlier. And of course congrats to you :)
Thank you! They asked if I'm still interested in BUSM on the phone before sending the official acceptance email (even though I had no other acceptances). Yield things, I guess. So yes, I would say they’re definitely calling before sending out emails at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! They asked if I'm still interested in BUSM on the phone before sending the official acceptance email (even though I had no other acceptances). Yield things, I guess. So yes, I would say they’re definitely calling before sending out emails at this point.
Congrats! Did you send in a letter of intent/interest?

Well with the strange PTE and CTE confusion this year I guess they have to be cautious. Hoping the rest of us hear good news as well. Hope you have a great weekend, must be a nice relief!

I, too, got the call on Friday! Accepted off the waitlist, it's happening guys!

Reactions: 1 users
If I don’t have access to phone service for the next month is it safe to assume they would just email me if I were to get accepted? Congrats to everyone getting in! Happy for y’all

Also (sorry for the double post) I sent in a letter of intent a few weeks before their March decision. After getting waitlisted, I didn’t send anything in because I figured two letters of intent was overkill. Did I mess up here?

With the waitlist movement last Friday, I was really hoping there’d be more this week. Doesn’t appear so.

Accepted off the waitlist last week. Is there a FB group for incoming students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know whether I can submit two recommendations from not my dental school?
I have two letters from faculties in the US, but the program description says two from my dental school.
Thank you so much!!

Hey everyone, I'm an applicant this new cycle and am prewriting. I have a few questions and am wondering if anyone can help.

For the question: If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain below. (You may skip this question if you have graduated within 4 years.), would I still be in that "4 years" if I took an extra summer to complete a course or would that technically be over 4 years? Calendar-wise that'd be right under 4 years, but according to how AMCAS arranges things the cours spills over to the next academic year.

Did many successful applicants write anything for 3.) Please provide a narrative or timeline to describe any features of your educational history that you think may be of particular interest to us. For example, have you lived in another country or experienced a culture unlike your own, or worked in a field that contributed to your understanding of people unlike yourself? Or, have you experienced advanced training in any area, including the fields of art, music, or sports? This is an opportunity to describe learning experiences that may not be covered in other areas of this application or your AMCAS application. It is not necessary to write anything in this section. (2000 Characters) This is NOT the "most applicants leave this blank" question, though it seems optional.

Thanks!

Can any of the applicants accepted off the waitlist chime in and let us know if they were MAMS students?

Has anyone called recently to ask about waitlist movement? I've heard that some other schools have been filling up.

Sigh .. Based off their most recent Instagram post anybody else thinks that there won't be any more WL movement? :cryi:
The post just says they’re preparing for the new cycle, which is something you would say to welcome new applicants, since the cycle has begun. That does not translate to the current cycle being finished.

Does anyone know whether there has ever been waitlist movement in July/if there will be anymore waitlist movement happening this round?

Talked to a few friends at BUSM. Told me the class is full and there won't be anymore WL movement (unless 1 or 2 people drop for emergency reasons). Sorry
I dunno, last year that seemed the case, but then a couple of my friends were accepted from the WL in late July.

Well, maybe they were. I wasn’t last time, but this time is not over yet, I would say!

I wonder how many got pulled off this year. In any case, I’ve heard several schools profess to having a full class earlier this cycle, only to accept several more students after their CTE deadline. I’m not suggesting that BUSM will follow the same trend. But as they say, it’s not over until it’s over.

Additionally was rejected from the WL today. Coincidently I received the confirmation that my new secondary for this upcoming cycle is complete right after lol. Best of luck to whoever is still on the waitlist.

What did it say? Class is full?
Nope. this is what is said:

"We wrote to you several months ago inviting you to take a position on the waiting list for admission to the entering class of 2019 at Boston University School of Medicine. It is with great regret that I write now to inform you that we will be unable to offer a place in the class. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the candidate who is turned away.

Most of the candidates we are considering this year are qualified to attend medical school and are likely to make important contributions to our profession and to society. Sadly, with about 100 applicants for every seat in the class, we are forced to deny many exceptional people.

We acknowledge and respect your accomplishments and appreciate your patience over the past few months. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors."

If we haven't gotten a waitlist rejection email are we still in the running? Hoping for a miracle at this point. My apartment lease for the school I'm going to doesn't start till next Friday so I can still drop everything and dip for BU lol

hey guys i've been accepted this cycle. i was just wondering if BU gives any need based aid? that COA is crazy high