2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my answer in January via email. I received a call a week later, but it was to confirm mutual acceptance. Don't lose hope.
@jat2mc is right: You might get an email randomly one of these days that begins with "Congratulations!...."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call and the A!! My interviewer said an email was coming later today, there’s still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted by portal update just now! Time to exhale

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted just now via email

No call from interviewer, but am super pumped!

Last edited:
Waitlist # 12345678 checking in. Email and portal update just now.

Email received. It’s an R but that’s ok! Didn’t feel like this school was a good match for me.

Reactions: 1 user
offered WL through portal, decided to take myself out of consideration

Members don't see this ad :)
WL, will be withdrawing, good luck everyone!

Third waitlist this cycle :L

ACCEPTEDDDDDD y'all!!

Reactions: 9 users
I've gotten so good at waiting that being on the waitlist is perfect for me

Oh look another waitlist, Jesus Christ is there some secret handshake I didn't learn or something. So excited to remain in purgatory for another three months

Reactions: 3 users
Not to be a downer, but it's not great. 2017-2018 there was zero movement. This year though, with the change in traffic rules, who knows...
Thanks for the information- I would rather have a realistic outlook than get my hopes up.

Is there a Facebook group yet?

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Interviewed Sept & no phone calls. First A this cycle can’t believe this!!!

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted!!! Email only, no phone call. Interviewed in January.

After countless rejections, three interviews, and two waitlists, the relief is immense. So excited about BU! :soexcited:

Does anyone know when financial aid awards are supposed to come out?

Does anyone know if we need to do anything to specifically accept the scholarship or do we just chill?

Just got the dean’s scholarship in a separate email from acceptance too!

Just got the email that I was awarded the Dean's Scholarship! So excited :D

BU give me some money... pls

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted with dean scholarship over email, will likely be withdrawing so i hope the spot goes to one of yall, although i was hoping id get a call for once lol

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!!!!Does anyone know if there will be any activities the night before second look? I'm thinking of catching a red-eye out to Boston and arriving the morning of second look but don't want to miss anything the night before. Also trying to save money for the $1000 deposit (housing + tuition deposit).......

Is anyone else really upset at how they worded the waitlist email? lol they made it sound like it was an acceptance and got me so excited just to crush my dream...either way this one really hurts, BU has been my dream school for years :(

Sigh waitlisted.

Does anybody know why decisions will be sent out June - July? I had seen WL movement threads that report movement at other schools starting in April/May but June/July seems pretty late :(

I guess the rule change must have something to do with it but could anybody offer an explanation of why it's so late this year? Or does it vary by school and BU has always been June/July?

I can't even find one for class of 2022...

I found the Class of 2022 page on Facebook. It was created March 28th last year, so I guess we can expect a Class of 2023 group late march? Regardless, I’m very excited to meet my future classmates :)

Just got the dean’s scholarship in a separate email from acceptance too!

Just got the email that I was awarded the Dean's Scholarship! So excited :D

Accepted with dean scholarship over email, will likely be withdrawing so i hope the spot goes to one of yall, although i was hoping id get a call for once lol

Congrats y'all! This is awesome. How much is the dean's scholarship worth?