2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know anything about the alternate list here? Simply guesses on how many they could/would take?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about the alternate list here? Simply guesses on how many they could/would take?
Very good chance of being taken off of the alternate list. If this is your #1 school, send in updates periodically to let them know you are interested in CCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
I was pulled off the waitlist two years ago. Like stated above, send in updates periodically to reinforce your desire to go here and to showcase any improvements to your candidancy. They’ll generally start pulling towards the end of May

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance today. Good Luck you guys!

rejected for interview at 4AM.. is this school super competitive?

Can anyone repost the most recent CCOM match list they gave us in the interview (I lost mine)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected via email, complete in September, sent update end of October

does anyone know where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites CCOM uses for 3rd and 4th year?

does anyone know where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites CCOM uses for 3rd and 4th year?
They give it to you during your interview. All of the sites are located in Chicago for your 3rd year.

complete end of June and heard nothing yet. No rejection either lol

Quick Question: So I received an II about 2 weeks ago, I was wondering how competitive this school was compared to other DO programs?

Quick Question: So I received an II about 2 weeks ago, I was wondering how competitive this school was compared to other DO programs?

Its reputation is excellent among DOs but I would wager the price tag might lessen its overall "competitiveness" for admission.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone here get an II without a DO LOR?

I applied to azcom and got a hold email, but they marked my application complete. I only had MD LORS. I think they state it on their website too.

I applied here too ccom and they marked my file complete so I’m assuming it met their criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't think it's necessarily required, but I would say it is definitely preferred. If you can't get a DO LOR, then you should at least have a lot of DO shadowing hours.

After much consideration, I will be withdrawing my acceptance.
I have been contemplating the CCOM vs. DMU issue for a few months now and finally decided that DMU is a better fit for me.
While I know $$$ isn't everything, the price tag at CCOM was simply something I could not get over (amongst other variables of course!)
As the D.O. deposit deadline is fast approaching, I wish those of you in similar situations the best of luck. Also, good luck to those with IIs soon!! :)

Reactions: 6 users
After much consideration, I will be withdrawing my acceptance.
I have been contemplating the CCOM vs. DMU issue for a few months now and finally decided that DMU is a better fit for me.
While I know $$$ isn't everything, the price tag at CCOM was simply something I could not get over (amongst other variables of course!)
As the D.O. deposit deadline is fast approaching, I wish those of you in similar situations the best of luck. Also, good luck to those with IIs soon!! :)
BEST of luck to you! DMU is a great school!

I took a look at last year's thread and noticed that there were quite a few acceptances given out before the holidays for those who interviewed in early December! Hoping this is a true again this year! I interviewed last week.

I took a look at last year's thread and noticed that there were quite a few acceptances given out before the holidays for those who interviewed in early December! Hoping this is a true again this year! I interviewed last week.
On Friday, we were told that we would hear before the holidays!:happy:

Just withdrew my acceptance, so one more spot has opened up!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Interviewed 12/5 and over the moon excited!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today at 4:30!!!

Reactions: 2 users
helloooooooo if possible can you accepted ppls let us know your stats/IS vs OOS please :)

helloooooooo if possible can you accepted ppls let us know your stats/IS vs OOS please :)
I don't feel comfortable giving exact stats, but I will say that my MCAT is below their average, and my GPA is above their average. Instate, Legacy.

Accepted in November! Out of state with good ties to the Illinois, MCAT 506, GPA ~3.6 undergrad, finishing my Master's now

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Is there a facebook group for accepted students? I could only find last year's group when I searched

Is there a facebook group for accepted students? I could only find last year's group when I searched

I received an email with a link to download an app, which pairs to Facebook. You can reach out to students from there.