2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 2/8 No response whatsoever

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted and I interviewed 2/2! Quick questions about the school. We only get one summer vacation and that's after our first year correct? Also, does anyone know how affordable/nice the on-campus housing is? Out of Redwood, Redwood II, and the apartments, what is the nicest option?

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who were recently accepted mind sharing your stats please?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

How do they review applicants who interviewed? I don’t understand the order

II today! Scheduled for 3/9. Completed back in July. LizzyM 63-65 :) Instate so pretty excited about this one.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be withdrawing my acceptance due to an acceptance at a school closer to home. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent them to the admissions office who told me they’d forward it to my interviewers but I didn’t get a reply.
Hey there, I’m an upperclassmen who interviewed applicants in the past. Just FYI, there’s no need to send any thank you notes. When you’re done with the interviews, we put our grades and comments. Then at the end of the interview Day, we turn it all in. So by the time we receive your thank you notes, it has no impact.
So for this school, don’t worry about thank you letter.

Reactions: 2 users
How do they review applicants who interviewed? I don’t understand the order

Interviewed early feb called them said they already looked at feb interviews if no portal change either alternate or R they sent letters out on the 16th. Just call them might be different for each person

Interviewed early feb called them said they already looked at feb interviews if no portal change either alternate or R they sent letters out on the 16th. Just call them might be different for each person

What about a portal change to my checklist? My required prerequisites are there now.

I still haven't gotten a rejection yet.
Last year, I did get an II from this school at March though.

So I'm staying hopeful

II!!!!!!!!!! Complete July 30th hahaha. what a wait!

Reactions: 4 users
II!!!!!!!!!! Complete July 30th hahaha. what a wait!
Congrats .
Was rejected today. Canadian. LM >67.
Received email at 4.37 AM est..lol
Was complete on June 19th..

I still haven't gotten a rejection yet.
Last year, I did get an II from this school at March though.

So I'm staying hopeful
Your interview invite was received in March or scheduled for March (or perhaps both)?

Got put on the Alternate List. Do you guys know if the Alternate List has a lot of movement and when people start getting off of it?

Got put on the Alternate List. Do you guys know if the Alternate List has a lot of movement and when people start getting off of it?
Typically around May once interviews are over and people figure out where they want to go. As for whether or not there’s a lot of movement, that depends on how many seats open up

To those accepted, do you know if they give us a laptop or anything? I've heard other schools do that. Also are there any other things that are bundled together for our first year (i.e. stethoscope, table)?

To those accepted, do you know if they give us a laptop or anything? I've heard other schools do that. Also are there any other things that are bundled together for our first year (i.e. stethoscope, table)?
The school does not supply a laptop. They do include extra financial aid loans for "books and supplies" that can be used for a laptop. Many students just use a tablet (Surface Pro or iPad).
The past few classes have received a stethoscope as a gift. The ophthalmoscope/otoscope is the one thing that isn't provided and on the higher price side. You don't really need a table, but some students purchase one.

Interviewed 2/12 and placed on Alternate List, hope is not lost! Will send a letter of intent.

good luck!!! how was the interview if you don't mind me asking

I personally liked their style. They have a copy of your resume/CV and will ask you questions based off that, so know it well, and don’t put anything that’s not true obviously lol. It’s a panel of 3 interviewers, and my interviewers seemed like they genuinely wanted to get to know me.

Your interview invite was received in March or scheduled for March (or perhaps both)?

Both. I submitted the secondary literally on the day it was due.

I wonder how schools determine IIs. It's a mystery, but my fast turnaround might give someone hope

Reactions: 1 users
Does this school accept updates? I haven't been given an interview invite but thankfully I haven't been rejected either. I am not sure where I could have mentioned this but I have connections to Chicago. I have a lot of family in Chicago that I am close to.

Does this school accept updates? I haven't been given an interview invite but thankfully I haven't been rejected either. I am not sure where I could have mentioned this but I have connections to Chicago. I have a lot of family in Chicago that I am close to.
I am told they love updates.

I want to update them, but I truly have nothing new going on. If I just basically write a letter reiterating what I'm already doing--- do you think that's acceptable?
I guess it would be more of a letter of intent (pre-II) vs. an update letter.

Thoughts on this? Yay or nay?

I want to update them, but I truly have nothing new going on. If I just basically write a letter reiterating what I'm already doing--- do you think that's acceptable?
I guess it would be more of a letter of intent (pre-II) vs. an update letter.

Thoughts on this? Yay or nay?
I feel like you have nothing to lose at this point. If you truly have nothing new to update, I would make whatever you send very brief.

Withdrawing my II here, not too sure when they offered me it. Good luck to everyone else here and I hope the slot goes to you!

I sent some another update letter for this glide year, hoping to get another II.

I interviewed last cycle, and fell in love with the area basically

for those that interviewed, do you know if your interviewers had your update letters (if you sent any) along with your CV? or just the CV?

Thanks!

to add on to the last post - to those who interviewed - are you spending a lot of time outside/walking for tours? Trying to see how to dress this Fri.

to add on to the last post - to those who interviewed - are you spending a lot of time outside/walking for tours? Trying to see how to dress this Fri.
Not a lot of time but enough that you want to wear a coat/tights etc. I went in January so i feel like it was much colder then.

So I just got an interview request yesterday (3/5)!!

I submitted my secondary on 2/1. My interview is scheduled for this Thursday 3/8 – It was either that or wait until 4/5. Just booked my flight from Richmond to Chicago – now I'm preparing for the interview. From what I've gathered on here, the best way to prepare is by reviewing my secondary and my CV.

Any other suggestions?

So I just got an interview request yesterday (3/5)!!

I submitted my secondary on 2/1. My interview is scheduled for this Thursday 3/8 – It was either that or wait until 4/5. Just booked my flight from Richmond to Chicago – now I'm preparing for the interview. From what I've gathered on here, the best way to prepare is by reviewing my secondary and my CV.

Any other suggestions?

That's about all you can do. You'll likely get one ethical dilemma type question and the rest will be very low key conversation about the things you've experienced. It was the lowest stress interview I went on. The only thing you might want to consider is when you're coming up with questions to ask at the end think of one or two for the medical student who will likely be one of the three people interviewing you. CCOM is one of only two schools I interviewed at that had a student as one of the interviewers so they can obviously offer unique perspective that the faculty/clinician can't. Also on that note, I'm an MS2 at CCOM who would love nothing more than to have an excuse to procrastinate on boards studying so if you have any questions feel free to ask me.