2017-2018 Des Moines University (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! Just a quick update for everyone who has been oh so anxiously awaiting interview decisions (like me)! I called DMU Admissions this morning and was informed the committee just met yesterday. Decisions will go out via email either today or tomorrow. Best of luck to all!
That's awesome to hear! I interviewed on 3/1, do you mind if I ask when you interviewed? I'm curious if you interviewed before me and are still waiting to hear back.
Thanks in advance! I appreciate you sharing the details on your chat with the admissions committee!

Members don't see this ad.

That's awesome to hear! I interviewed on 3/1, do you mind if I ask when you interviewed? I'm curious if you interviewed before me and are still waiting to hear back.
Thanks in advance! I appreciate you sharing the details on your chat with the admissions committee!

I interviewed mid-early February and am still waiting! Really hoping for some good news yet tonight.

Interviewed 2/23 and still waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed on 2/23! You're welcome. :)

Did they say what priority group you were placed in?
Nope, so I’m not sure where I stand. I forget when they said they’ll let us know what quartile we’re in because I’m on a high on the waitlist at LECOM-B and if I can pull an acceptance here I’d rather do that so idk.

Nope, so I’m not sure where I stand. I forget when they said they’ll let us know what quartile we’re in because I’m on a high on the waitlist at LECOM-B and if I can pull an acceptance here I’d rather do that so idk.

I think some people in the past got theirs the same day? I dunno.

Is there a waitlist and an alternate list for DMU?

Interviewed on 3/9 and waitlisted yesterday. So begins The Spring of Constant Inbox Refreshing.

Interviewed on 3/9 and waitlisted yesterday. So begins The Spring of Constant Inbox Refreshing.
Lol I have been hitting the refresh button long before this spring began!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is some good men's league hockey around the area? I know DMU has intramural v-ball and b-ball, but it would be nice to play some puck once a week or something.

Anyone know if there is some good men's league hockey around the area? I know DMU has intramural v-ball and b-ball, but it would be nice to play some puck once a week or something.

Home

Depending on what level you are looking for, the B league is solid and moves pretty fast. They also have lower level leagues for lower skill levels. I play on one of the teams if you're looking for an in, feel free to PM me.

Home

Depending on what level you are looking for, the B league is solid and moves pretty fast. They also have lower level leagues for lower skill levels. I play on one of the teams if you're looking for an in, feel free to PM me.

Is there an actual DMU team???? Bubbles would tear it up in those purple uniforms

Is there an actual DMU team???? Bubbles would tear it up in those purple uniforms

Not a DMU team with purple jerseys, but there is one team with quite a few DMU students on it that would probably be the closest thing to a DMU team. A few others scattered on other teams like myself. Overall its a fun league to play in

Not a DMU team with purple jerseys, but there is one team with quite a few DMU students on it that would probably be the closest thing to a DMU team. A few others scattered on other teams like myself. Overall its a fun league to play in

That's awesome. How close is the rink to campus?

Hello! Just a quick update for everyone who has been oh so anxiously awaiting interview decisions (like me)! I called DMU Admissions this morning and was informed the committee just met yesterday. Decisions will go out via email either today or tomorrow. Best of luck to all!

Did you hear yesterday? I did not.

Logged into my portal because I am beginning to feel like I've been forgotten, and all I see that's different is "Outstanding Requirements Confirmation." Anyone know what that means?

Logged into my portal because I am beginning to feel like I've been forgotten, and all I see that's different is "Outstanding Requirements Confirmation." Anyone know what that means?
What portal are you referencing?

What portal are you referencing?

The account you make after submitting your app and where you choose your interview date. My status still says "completed" and I interviewed more than a month ago.

Last edited:
The account you make after submitting your app and where you choose your interview date. My status still says "completed" and I interviewed more than a month ago.
Same - completed and I interviewed more than a month ago as well...

99.5% match rate. Multiple ACGME matches in EM, Gen Surg, OB, GAS at Hopkins. Multiple ortho matches. ACGME derm. AOA ENT. Very impressive match overall.

Reactions: 3 users
A question for those who are also currently living their best waitlist life: Was there any mention of a basic ranking in the Admissions Office email regarding their decision? I know the quartile ranks are yet to be released, but earlier in this thread there were emails mentioning "high priority candidate" or what have you. Mine includes the following language: Your position within the Alternate List guarantees that you will be considered if space becomes available. Is this just generic language that I'm over-analyzing, or indicative of something more?

Does anyone know if DMU is still sending out II’s? I’ve gotten all the hold emails but seeing if there was still hope. Thanks everyone!

A question for those who are also currently living their best waitlist life: Was there any mention of a basic ranking in the Admissions Office email regarding their decision? I know the quartile ranks are yet to be released, but earlier in this thread there were emails mentioning "high priority candidate" or what have you. Mine includes the following language: Your position within the Alternate List guarantees that you will be considered if space becomes available. Is this just generic language that I'm over-analyzing, or indicative of something more?
I got the general e-mail about the alternate list first. Then, I received a second e-mail telling me I was "high priority". I know they talked about a quartile system, but I think that comes out after May 1st? Not sure. I hope that helps!

Got II a few days ago. I will be declining and withdrawing my application from here. Best of luck to everyone.

Is anyone interviewing here on Friday?

Here. What’s up?
soo... about that white coat thing...lol

edit: sorry let me elaborate. I'm a little bit ...disheartened. I want to ask around to see if most of the class felt the same. Maybe be we could let the admins know? Idk.. :/ what do you guys think?

Anyone know the average COMLEX scores (1-3) for the past couple years? I saw the average for this past step 1... wow, just..wow...

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know the average COMLEX scores (1-3) for the past couple years? I saw the average for this past step 1... wow, just..wow...

Yes, please enlighten us as to what kind of "wow" the average is.

Reactions: 1 users
I am curious too. I have a friend that is an OS-3 there and I think he said they did better than the MD school in the state. Don't quote me on that . . . but I know they do well

Reactions: 1 user
I am curious too. I have a friend that is an OS-3 there and I think he said they did better than the MD school in the state. Don't quote me on that . . . but I know they do well

Yeah I also heard from a student on interview day that their average was in the 230s