2017-2018 Loyola University - Chicago (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they're making the waitlist. Was told last week that the class is full and "somewhat" overbooked
DEFINITELY isn't what I wanted to hear today. crapppppppp! BUT April 30th is near so there's still hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I emailed the admissions committee a few days ago and they informed me that anyone on CC is “still being considered” but shouldn’t expect to hear back before May.

I was under the assumption they were meeting today to release results tomorrow. what about students who have to make a decision about a school vs loyola before the 30th but are on CC for Loyola?
confuseddddd

Anyone get any scholarships to go here in their fin aid packages?

I was under the assumption they were meeting today to release results tomorrow. what about students who have to make a decision about a school vs loyola before the 30th but are on CC for Loyola?
confuseddddd

Those students can still hold any single non Loyola acceptance after April 30, because they’re not yet accepted at Loyola. If they come off of CC at Loyola after April 30, they’ll have a few days to decide if they’d prefer to go to Loyola instead of the acceptance they hold.

So I called today and the class is indeed "oversubscribed" at the moment. I was told that those on CC shouldn't expect to hear anything prior to early/mid-May and that would be in reference to the "Official Waitlist". They also have no idea how much waitlist movement they will have if any. However they are expecting people to withdraw as traffic day approaches and possibly even some on cc will withdraw if they are holding another acceptance. (Got tons of info in such a short phone call haha)

Summary: PRAY FOR A GREAT TRAFFIC DAY!!! --have some sympathy for those on cc :)

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance today! Best of luck to those of you on CC :)

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This was honestly the hardest button I've ever had to press. Anyone who has spoken to me over the last year knows that I absolutely LOVE Loyola. From applications, to interviews, to Second Look, to email communications - I was never disappointed by this school.

I have officially withdrawn, but a piece of my heart will probably always belong to Loyola. I mean that with the fullest sincerity.

Best of luck to anyone on the waitlist!! Agree with the others - it will be a privilege to attend.

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew from Loyola + 10K Merit Scholarship (LM 72, OOS, non-URM). Loyola was the best school I interviewed at, and it was mind blowing how students truly enjoyed the school and had a sense of community. I hope my acceptance can go to one of ya'll as this school truly is so mindblowing. All the best!

Reactions: 2 users
About to withdraw my acceptance here. Got full ride to another school. Good luck to those on the WL.

Hello! Long time lurker here on CC. Anyone know when the next meeting is?? Thank you guys

Has anyone tried to call and ask for an update? I know they overenrolled so just wondering if they are going to still consider those on CCs or what.

Has anyone been accepted from CC after the Apr 30 deadline?

Withdrew today. Was accepted off the waitlist from my top choice. I had a great time at second look so this was a very hard decision. Hope my spot goes out to one of you in CC! Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know any updated information for those of us in CC :(

A post from MedEd from another forum: The AAMC, in its infinite wisdom, decided to hold a GSA meeting in Orlando from April 28-May 1. This meeting was exceptionally well attended because the AAMC, in its infinite wisdom, is ramming through a bunch of unwelcome changes to the application process and folks are up in arms. Hence, waitlist movement has been slow because the admissions deans were all busy rioting in central Florida.

Might explain why waitlist movement had been so slow, but then again who knows.

In past years it looks like they waited about a week post traffic day to send out WL emails/acceptances.

Any volunteers to call and find out if they expect significant waitlist movement/if the class is still overenrolled?

Any volunteers to call and find out if they expect significant waitlist movement/if the class is still overenrolled?
Alright, I volunteer as tribute. I'll call tomorrow if I have time at work. Was hoping we would hear something today...

Does anyone know Stritch’s overall match rate? I haven’t been able to find the match list for 2018. Thank you!

Okay, they said the class is full at the moment but they still except that there will be some movement in the next couple weeks as other waitlists move. It sounds like there may be some movement in the near future, but since they are currently full a week post traffic day, I would not expect there to be a large amount of movement here. :(

Okay, they said the class is full at the moment but they still except that there will be some movement in the next couple weeks as other waitlists move. It sounds like there may be some movement in the near future, but since they are currently full a week post traffic day, I would not expect there to be a large amount of movement here. :(
Well that is depressing to hear :(

Do you think that they'd still consider pulling you off of CC if you already have an acceptance?

Do you think that they'd still consider pulling you off of CC if you already have an acceptance?
If you're worried about it, I would just upload an update to the portal saying that you would still strongly consider Loyola over your current acceptance if you haven't already. That being said, I don't think that it will ultimately make much of a difference in who they decide to accept.

Thanks for taking the phone call. I hope they are not over-enrolled at the very least.

Who did you speak to?

Just read a posting on premed/reddit asking about the pros/cons for Loyola. Apparently the dean called OP yesterday and gave until Monday for their decision since OP has another acceptance. ..............I thought the class was full?

Still holding on hope as I absolutely LOVED everything about Loyola. I'd accept right there and then if I were called. Fingers crossed!

yeah....someone asked about their waitlist, and OP's response- "I interviewed Feb 13, was placed on CC March 21st and received the call from Loyola yesterday"

Good to know that there is some movement going on, I guess....

Just read a posting on premed/reddit asking about the pros/cons for Loyola. Apparently the dean called OP yesterday and gave until Monday for their decision since OP has another acceptance. ..............I thought the class was full?

Still holding on hope as I absolutely LOVED everything about Loyola. I'd accept right there and then if I were called. Fingers crossed!
Ahh they've already made a few offers then? When admissions told me "the class is full" I guess they meant that they have filled all spots or already offered them to people on CC.

yeah....someone asked about their waitlist, and OP's response- "I interviewed Feb 13, was placed on CC March 21st and received the call from Loyola yesterday"

Good to know that there is some movement going on, I guess....
The entire discussion in this thread today has STRESSED ME OUT lol!!! Geez Loyola what's going onnnnn

I called as well and they noted class is full and that this week or early next week, they’ll notify people if they are placed in the “waitlist” and then offers will be made for waitlist if there’s space in the class.

I also think Loyola is going to be a little conservative this year because they don’t want to over enroll again.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean, looking back at previous years, they don't have too much movement in the first place. I don't think there's too much hope for us CCs

I mean, looking back at previous years, they don't have too much movement in the first place. I don't think there's too much hope for us CCs
Let's just hope you're wrong and this year will be different :) lol

Question for accepted students:
Have you received financial aid information? I was accepted over a month ago and LOCUS isn’t showing any info for financial aid and I haven’t received an email about it.

Question for accepted students:
Have you received financial aid information? I was accepted over a month ago and LOCUS isn’t showing any info for financial aid and I haven’t received an email about it.
I was accepted last November and I’m still waiting to hear about financial aid too.

Do you think they will still look at update letters at this point? Or have all final decisions pretty much been made?