2017-2018 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I stalked last year's thread and the committee did, in fact, meet on the third Thursday of November, and sent out emails the next day on Friday. If all goes as planned and the committee meets when they said they will, they should be meeting next Thursday, and October/November interviewees should start hearing back the next day, on Friday. AHHH.

I also stalked the previous year's thread and I think there was a delay because October/November interviewees did not hear back until early December.

Members don't see this ad.

No. I had my interview on Oct 24th. They told us they have about 60 direct entry spots, 20 of which will be filled before january and the other 40 will be filled as 2018 goes on. They heavily value prmary care, especially in rural/underserved populations. Their primary care focus also encompasses pediatrics, internal medicine, OB/GYN and emergency medicine. I applied regular decision. About half of us were from out of state. I hope you hear back! Apparently the admissions committee meets at the end of every month so there are horribly long pauses between responses :/

I was told 60 as well, but they did not specify how many of those 60 would be filled before January. 20 is so little! There were at least 60 interviewees on my interview day..

Does anyone know the best way to send updates or letters of interest to NEOMED post- II? Had trouble finding that info on their website and wasn't sure if the portal was the best way, if they accept them

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the best way to send updates or letters of interest to NEOMED post- II? Had trouble finding that info on their website and wasn't sure if the portal was the best way, if they accept them

During the welcome presentation on interview day, I believe the dean of admissions said that updates are not accepted. But can someone else verify? Because I have updates as well.

Reactions: 1 user
they told me 35 spots usually, not 60. maybe 60 is how many acceptances they send out?

Maybe? I might have misheard too. Its hard to have an exact number with NEOMED because they have most of their openings promised already (pending their MCAT scores)..

they told me 35 spots usually, not 60. maybe 60 is how many acceptances they send out?

60 is the # of acceptances sent out. 35 will end up matriculating.

I'm just confused as to when those 60 are sent out. Like is it 30 by the end of the year, and the other 30 by July? Haha.

How many people were in groups together on interview day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

60 interviewees per day with at least four interview dates that I can think of off the top of my head (10/24, 2 dates in November, 1 date in December) plus who even knows how many more.. And they only accept 60 for direct entry. The odds are so stacked against us LOL :(

60 interviewees per day with at least four interview dates that I can think of off the top of my head (10/24, 2 dates in November, 1 date in December) plus who even knows how many more.. And they only accept 60 for direct entry. The odds are so stacked against us LOL :(
totally agree, they interview something like 230 people for 60 acceptances. I wish it was better, but whatever happens happens I guess lol.....

What was the interview day like? Im gonna be there on 12/5.

What was the interview day like? Im gonna be there on 12/5.
Essentially you are separated into about 6 groups of 10/12 and based off your group assignment it determines your day schedule. You get a tour, lunch with the students, intro from the dean, academic advising, and then a financial advising presentation. For your interviews you have two and the are open app. The person pretty much has a conversation with you about you and feels out how you would fit at NEOMED. It was a fairly relaxed day but be prepared to stay the whole time!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else getting anxious to hear back? LOL

Supposedly adcom meets tomorrow and decisions are released on Friday (based off of last year's thread)!

Anybody else getting anxious to hear back? LOL

Supposedly adcom meets tomorrow and decisions are released on Friday (based off of last year's thread)!

That is stupidly scary lol. Don't they send admissions decisions by snail mail though?

Two years ago they made phone calls to people who were accepted in addition to sending an acceptance package in the mail. Last year I'm not sure if they did phone calls because those who posted on SDN unfortunately did not receive acceptances.

So I'm thinking acceptance gets a phone call + snail mail. Rejection gets snail mail only. Waitlist gets email. But who knows how they're doing it this year!

Two years ago they made phone calls to people who were accepted in addition to sending an acceptance package in the mail. Last year I'm not sure if they did phone calls because those who posted on SDN unfortunately did not receive acceptances.

So I'm thinking acceptance gets a phone call + snail mail. Rejection gets snail mail only. Waitlist gets email. But who knows how they're doing it this year!

that's surprising that no one on SDN got accepted. like usually we SDNers have inflated stats and everything lol

Could be wrong, but I think they mentioned at my interview that we'd hear back late November, early December at the latest

They definitely said that they'd meet on the third Thursday of November, which was yesterday. In previous years they got back to people the very next day (Friday). But maybe this year they're planning on spending more time on decisions before releasing them so you could be right!

yeah... I'm anxiously waiting for a call/email lol

Same LOL sigh oops I told all my family and friends I should be hearing back today but.. It's almost 3 PM EST LOL

Was told at my interview (one of the first 3 dates) that we would hear back before thanksgiving. They did not give a specific date.

Reactions: 1 users
Was told at my interview (one of the first 3 dates) that we would hear back before thanksgiving. They did not give a specific date.

Nice! That's good to know. Maybe next week then. When did you interview?

I was told this too, they didn't give specific dates

Oh snap, me too. Do you live close to Ohio? I can't imagine them meeting on Thursday and then mailing decisions on Friday with you receiving on Saturday..
Yeah, I agree. It seems like an impossibility. That would be an amazing turn around time.

Waitlisted :cryi:. By email today and interviewed 11/8. Good luck to everyone!

Alternate list. Email. Interviewed 11/2.

Is there a difference between waitlist and alternate list lol?

Got an email around 9am pst saying that they sent snail mail (USPS first class) to my permanent address saying if I got rejected or accepted!

did anyone get an acceptance call or email yet? Are they possibly doing those tomorrow?

Got an email around 9am pst saying that they sent snail mail (USPS first class) to my permanent address saying if I got rejected or accepted!

did anyone get an acceptance call or email yet? Are they possibly doing those tomorrow?
I also got this same email!

I got my letter in the mail today and I've been rejected. Oh well. I can't say I'm upset, but it would have been nice to get in!

Placed on the alternate list hope I get and they let me know in May.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Placed on the alternate list hope I get and they let me know in May.

Email or snail mail? Seems like waitlist decisions come via email and reject/accept via traditional mail?

Waitlist decisions are coming in via both email and snail mail. I got the waitlist email this morning, and snail mail in the afternoon.

Rejected last night. Oh Well, I was OOS and that 73k a year was honestly kinda freaking me out lol

I received an email saying that my decision was mailed yesterday. I haven't received a waitlist email...not feeling good about this after seeing these rejections.