2017-2018 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My number is over 100, does this mean I pretty much have no chance now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that this year they released our rank BEFORE the survey, whereas in past years they released the rank after the survey. Hopefully a significant # of people withdraw (via the survey) so that our final rank goes up.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmmmm I didnt get an emails.....anybody else not get anything?

It went to my spam for some reason, so check there, otherwise I would definitely call them tomorrow.
Yeah still nada. I’ve been having horrible luck with my email messing up and I changed it in amcas and on the secondary but still haven’t been getting stuff from them (no decision email or the other email after that) so I’ll probably just call

How high is the list? I'm in the 220's so not very optimistic about what that means
Hmmm last year they took up to 105 I think. I thought they only went to 125 tho so maybe they changed it this year.

Do we have any idea how much the list has shrunk in previous years after the survey?

Also do you think they will send out our new ranking after the survey? The email mentions our rank "at this time" but doesn't mention sending out a new one like in previous years.

Reactions: 1 user
Do we have any idea how much the list has shrunk in previous years after the survey?

Also do you think they will send out our new ranking after the survey? The email mentions our rank "at this time" but doesn't mention sending out a new one like in previous years.

For those who are wondering, we got our ranks after the survey. After the survey there were 114 on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who are wondering, we got our ranks after the survey. After the survey there were 114 on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is this possible when the email said they took about 120? 114 would suggest that they took more people than were on the list, which is impossible.

How is this possible when the email said they took about 120? 114 would suggest that they took more people than were on the list, which is impossible.
That may have been the "initial" rank of 120. So whoever was like 120/200ish. Not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
That may have been the "initial" rank of 120. So whoever was like 120/200ish. Not sure.
Thanks for your input. The email reads "Last year, for example, we reached past alternate list ranking slot 120". I think that our current rank will go up if people ahead of us on the list drop out, and if our rank is about 120 after all withdrawals there may be a chance for admittance (assuming its the same as last year, which I'm sure is a big assumption).

Does anybody remember how the glasses are graded? I know its H/P/F but honors is 90%+?

Does anybody remember how the glasses are graded? I know its H/P/F but honors is 90%+?

You are right. 90%+ is honor. However, not all classes have H, Some only have P/F.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is there a way to update with final transcripts or do they not accept updates of any kind?

The survey deadline was today! Hopefully we see some waitlist movement soon. :)

The survey deadline was today! Hopefully we see some waitlist movement soon. :)
I feel like it may be a little while for it to move drastically cuz they have to wait for the BS/MD grades and MCATs to come through. Let’s hope they get to my number! (I’m near 100 so not too hopeful)

I feel like it may be a little while for it to move drastically cuz they have to wait for the BS/MD grades and MCATs to come through. Let’s hope they get to my number! (I’m near 100 so not too hopeful)
Remember this was also pre-survey number odds are your number will go down. Also I believe they are waiting on MCAT scores for their BS/MD students. They were able to take it all the way up until April and the release date for the last testing day in April is May 22nd so I would not expect much movement until after that date! But hey keep the faith/hope alive!!!!!

Remember this was also pre-survey number odds are your number will go down. Also I believe they are waiting on MCAT scores for their BS/MD students. They were able to take it all the way up until April and the release date for the last testing day in April is May 22nd so I would not expect much movement until after that date! But hey keep the faith/hope alive!!!!!

Very true! Thanks for pointing that out. I looked on last year's thread and I don't think movement happened til Mid-June?? But ya, trying to keep the hope alive LOL.

just wondering if anyone has heard any news lately? specifically with regards to waitlist?

just wondering if anyone has heard any news lately? specifically with regards to waitlist?
I called today, they said they didn't have any information for us yet. Just speculating here but I don't think we will hear until late May at the earliest.

I called today, they said they didn't have any information for us yet. Just speculating here but I don't think we will hear until late May at the earliest.
Did you get the chance to ask them if they were going to send out new rankings now that the window to respond to the survey has ended?

Did you get the chance to ask them if they were going to send out new rankings now that the window to respond to the survey has ended?
I called and asked that question last week. they said there were no plans to release an updated waitlist

Im wondering if the 120 spot that they referenced in their email was of the pre survey number or post survey. Sucks they dont send out the second ranking.

Im wondering if the 120 spot that they referenced in their email was of the pre survey number or post survey. Sucks they dont send out the second ranking.
Reading earlier in the thread, last year they only got a ranking AFTER the survey. This would mean that compared to last year, the number you got this year is actually too high (safely assuming some people dropped out from the process in their survey response). Its impossible to predict how many offers will go out though imo.

Reading earlier in the thread, last year they only got a ranking AFTER the survey. This would mean that compared to last year, the number you got this year is actually too high (safely assuming some people dropped out from the process in their survey response). Its impossible to predict how many offers will go out though imo.
Thats reassuring! I was ranked near 90 so lets hope for the best! Tho if I have to reapply, my application will be 1000000x stronger

Looks like the updated alternate list rankings are out by email!

Did ranks drop a decent amount for people who were higher up? I havent gotten the email and will probably call about it tomorrow.

I jumped ~15 spots and I was honestly hoping for more :(

How was movement for everyone else?

From what I have heard I feel like it jumped anywhere from ~15-30 spots.

Anybody know if there is anything we can do besides wait? I feel like my rank may be possible but not holding on to tooooo much hope in the 60s

Anybody know if there is anything we can do besides wait? I feel like my rank may be possible but not holding on to tooooo much hope in the 60s
They don't take updates so I don't think so. I promise I'll update as soon as I can (if I'm lucky enough to get in) since I'm a bit closer to the front than that so you can know they've started moving!

Reactions: 3 users
What is the pre-secondary screen for OOS?

So I am about to go out of the country for a few weeks and am on the WL should I notify them of this? I will have access to email and my home phone number will have someone there so I can get notified by them relaying the message but I am just not sure how to handle the situation. Any suggestions?

So I am about to go out of the country for a few weeks and am on the WL should I notify them of this? I will have access to email and my home phone number will have someone there so I can get notified by them relaying the message but I am just not sure how to handle the situation. Any suggestions?
Just call them and tell them your best form of contact and that your response may be delayed due to you travels in case they want a response within x days of the offer.

I’m accepted for MD 2022 at NEOMED (sounds so far away). I have a few friends that just finished M1. Based off of conversations I’ve had, I expect some movement towards the end of month if not first or second week of July.

One note, I heard there were changes in the requirements for the BS/MD students though (I think the MCAT score isnt as rigid and new requirements for grades in certain classes). I’m not sure what that means for the waitlist.

Last edited:
I’m accepted for MD 2022 at NEOMED (sounds so far away). I have a few friends that just finished M1. Based off of conversations I’ve had, I expect some movement towards the end of month if not first or second week of July.

One note, I heard there were changes in the requirements for the BS/MD students though (I think the MCAT score isnt as rigid and new requirements for grades in certain classes). I’m not sure what that means for the waitlist.

Thanks for the insight! Are you a BS/MD student or traditional entry applicant? Why do you think there will be movement at the end of the month?

Thanks for the insight! Are you a BS/MD student or traditional entry applicant? Why do you think there will be movement at the end of the month?
Im assuming because everybody will have their transcripts in by then. At my interview the dean said that the majority of major movement happens around late june and july.

First or second week of July is so far. Most school start first week of July. Hope they send out decisions earlier than that for waiting list students.

I'm BS/MD. The last week of June a team meets to review all BS/MD students. After that, they know how many direct entry spots are available. I'm not sure what the turn around time is but best case scenario is 1st week of July.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm BS/MD. The last week of June a team meets to review all BS/MD students. After that, they know how many direct entry spots are available. I'm not sure what the turn around time is but best case scenario is 1st week of July.
Do the BS/MD need to do anything besides meet the MCAT/GPA requirements? I noticed the % of people who shadow, do research, etc on MSAR is low but I assumed that was because only about 30% of the class applies through AMCAS so they only have data for those students.