2017-2018 Oakland University (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder how many people are left in the pre-II pool

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed on 1/19 hear back yet? Also, would an update letter help post interview?

Anyone who interviewed on 1/19 hear back yet? Also, would an update letter help post interview?
I interviewed on 1/12 and heard back this past week. I asked about post-II updates at my interview and they said that they accept them, however, our applications might go to the Committee for review shortly after our interviews

I interviewed on 1/19 but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if there's a committee meeting this week? I know they had one last week, but I heard they have meetings on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays. This Wednesday would be the 1st Wednesday!

I interviewed on 1/19 but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if there's a committee meeting this week? I know they had one last week, but I heard they have meetings on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays. This Wednesday would be the 1st Wednesday!
I interviewed on 1/19 and have not heard back. I believe they told us that our applications would be reviewed at their February 14 meeting, so we might hear back after that. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
I will be withdrawing my acceptance to give a chance to other deserving students. I hope all other students who already decided to choose which school they will end up should give up their seats in this school or any other school. We have lots of deserving student waiting to be accepted and get an II.. Good luck to you all, OUWB is a great school with a very supportive Local Community, Faculty and a Student body..

Reactions: 11 users
I will be withdrawing my acceptance to give a chance to other deserving students. I hope all other students who already decided to choose which school they will end up should give up their seats in this school or any other school. We have lots of deserving student waiting to be accepted and get an II.. Good luck to you all, OUWB is a great school with a very supportive Local Community, Faculty and a Student body..
Thanks for the kind words! I also assume you are accepted at another school and I wish you the best in the pursuit of a medical career.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using SDN mobile

I really appreciate these words. Good luck in your endeavors!

I interviewed on 1/19 and have not heard back. I believe they told us that our applications would be reviewed at their February 14 meeting, so we might hear back after that. Good luck to you!

Oh so I guess they review applications every other Wednesday, and not specifically the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month? And Good luck to you too!

Rejected pre interview..... while I was in the middle of writing an update letter. Boo

Admissions just updated; only 50 more IIs left to go out and still sitting in silence.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 3.16.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 3.16.53 PM.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: 2 users
I'm in!!!!!! This made me so happy! Was debating whether to attend my next interview which is out of state but I don't have to anymore~ interviewed 1/19

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED, I honestly cannot believe this just happened. Interviewed on 1/19 and just got the call. My MCAT is not a 520 by the way lol. But yeah happiest moment of my life!!!!!! I can now live my gap year free.

Reactions: 8 users
ACCEPTED, I honestly cannot believe this just happened. Interviewed on 1/19 and just got the call. My MCAT is not a 520 by the way lol. But yeah happiest moment of my life!!!!!! I can now live my gap year free.
Congratulations to you, too!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using SDN mobile

Congratulations, I interviewed the same day as you. Hopefully I will get the call shortly!

I'm in!!!!!! This made me so happy! Was debating whether to attend my next interview which is out of state but I don't have to anymore~ interviewed 1/19

Congratulations!! I interviewed a couple weeks before and am still anxiously waiting to hear back.

Rejected just now! Good luck everyone!

Rejected just now pre-II. Man did this school drop the ball this year. Been complete since late July and it took 6 months before I heard anything from them. Pretty ridiculous when they explicitly stated what they did in the complete email. Oh well.

Also rejected pre-II. Canadian LM 67. Complete early August. Sad because it was my top choice USMD school but alas. I suppose it makes sense given that it seems the school has officially shifted away from accepting Canadians (starting next year officially) - not saying that was the only reason for my rejection of course

rejected just now complete early August

Last edited: