2019-2020 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just be thankful you don't have to sell a house

Interestingly, although I'm not quite sure why but my realtor told me the market is booming right now... and she didn't lie. I sold my house in 2 days! Not sure if its my house or if its truly the market.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interestingly, although I'm not quite sure why but my realtor told me the market is booming right now... and she didn't lie. I sold my house in 2 days! Not sure if its my house or if its truly the market.
Selling should be quick, because supply is so low, but the process of getting to that point has been tremendously more difficult. I couldn't hire landscapers, contractors, my family/friends couldn't help pack, no one to watch the kids while I worked, and all of a sudden I have to learn to home school, etc. The point remains, if I can do it, so can a 22-year-old living in a 1-bedroom apartment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you can get both a need-based and merit-based scholarship? I have already gotten a half tuition need-based scholarship and was wondering if there was a possibility of being granted any further merit-based. I'm not expecting to get any more money, just curious.

Does anyone know if you can get both a need-based and merit-based scholarship? I have already gotten a half tuition need-based scholarship and was wondering if there was a possibility of being granted any further merit-based. I'm not expecting to get any more money, just curious.
Are you positive the half-tuition is need-based?

Are all tier 1 wait listed applicants given the chance to be accepted before they move on to tier 2 applicants?

Yes, they say scholarships will continue to be awarded until school begins in the fall. In reality you will probably find out during mid-summer. You can call the financial services office for specific questions Financial Services - Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Oakland University

Accepted off 1st tier waitlist about an hour ago!

Reactions: 6 users
I wonder how many WL acceptances have been given out. Saw at least 3 posts here. We also saw a lot of people withdraw too. With the survey they sent out this morning they are definitely going to hand out a few more.

I wish they would use a ranked list to let us know where we stand. I'm 2nd tier, so I know there's little hope, but it would be nice to see if I'm in the middle or if I'm at the bottom of the barrel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call yesterday! Have a tough choice to make but will most likely be accepting :D

Reactions: 5 users
Any more movement on the first tier lately? This has been such a long and torturous wait, y'all. I can only hope there's some more spots opening up for us

Any more movement on the first tier lately? This has been such a long and torturous wait, y'all. I can only hope there's some more spots opening up for us

If you don’t hold a spot anywhere else, I highly recommend you get your application ready for a second cycle in case OUWB doesn’t work out.

I’m hoping you get the call! But, you gotta be ahead of the game if you’re going to re-apply.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

If you don’t hold a spot anywhere else, I highly recommend you get your application ready for a second cycle in case OUWB doesn’t work out.

I’m hoping you get the call! But, you gotta be ahead of the game if you’re going to re-apply.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Definitely bud, wishing you great news too! This is my only shot at medical school right now so I've been working on my reapp - updated my experiences and reworking my PS currently. It's been rough but I'm coming to terms learning that I can't change what I can't control. Working on the reapp is the only thing I have control of so at least I have some sort of direction ahead.

Withdrawing my acceptance, I hope it goes to one of you good folks!

Reactions: 1 users
Who knows about the testing schedule at OU? I remember they talked about quizzes during interview week but don't remember any specifics.

Who knows about the testing schedule at OU? I remember they talked about quizzes during interview week but don't remember any specifics.
an M2 told me we have exclusively monday exams every three-four weeks i think

So the CTE date is next Wednesday, July 15th... do spots usually open up after that?

Oakland's correspondence was July 1, according to FB there's still about 20 positions left to go.

Hey I appreciate you counting the seats that’s really helpful info. It may not account for everyone like those who don’t have social media, but gives us some hope that there’s still likely a handful of spots left

Thank you for the info! Do you mind posting the link of the correspondence?
1594233575082.png

I’m sorry, that’s not what I meant; I meant to refer to the part where you said they stated there’s around 20 positions left on Facebook.

Not to burst your bubble, but there's currently 115 members in our groupme (1-2 being M2's) and this is not accounting for people who haven't joined yet, I'm going to assume there are far less than 20 positions left

Reactions: 1 users
Not to burst your bubble, but there's currently 115 members in our groupme (1-2 being M2's) and this is not accounting for people who haven't joined yet, I'm going to assume there are far less than 20 positions left
do you think it's appropriate to ask the admissions office exactly how many spots they have left open to fill?

My 2020 application information disappeared on the portal because I reapplied and now only my 2021 application is showing. I am still on the waitlist. This does not affect my position in the 2020 cycle though, correct?

My 2020 application information disappeared on the portal because I reapplied and now only my 2021 application is showing. I am still on the waitlist. This does not affect my position in the 2020 cycle though, correct?

I’m sure the app portal updating is an automatic thing, don’t think it has any other meaning/ bearing on your WL status. My 2020 info disappeared a while back but am still waitlisted

I emailed the admissions office about waitlist movement and they said they will keep the waitlist active until mid-august because they have seen offers go out through the start of classes in the past.... @ current students, is this a common phenomenon at OUWB? Since school starts on Monday, how do mid-August decisions fit into the school timeline?? This waitlist process has been such a mental challenge y’all. It all just feels like wishful thinking at this point as we’re pretty much near the end of the cycle. We just need some closure about this! I’ve noticed some other schools even did deferred acceptances to some waitlisted applicants - I wonder if OUWB would be open to doing that?