2017-2018 Oakland University (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the email asking if I wanted to still be considered a couple days ago, just got accepted today off 1st tier waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if you'll still be considered for a merit-based scholarship even though you already got a partial need-based scholarship? Sorry if that sounds greedy, but I need all the financial help I can get at this time.

Does anyone know if you'll still be considered for a merit-based scholarship even though you already got a partial need-based scholarship? Sorry if that sounds greedy, but I need all the financial help I can get at this time.

Just wondering, how long does financial aid packages arrive once you’re accepted? And is this via email or through portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. Absolutely loved it but that private tuition ain't so pretty. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Did you send any extra info like letter of intent or updates?
Sorry for the late reply, I don’t get on here frequently. I had a few updates that I talked about during my interview. I then sent a letter with those updates to make sure the admissions committe had that info.

Same here. Looks like they might take some people off the 2nd tier.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just wondering, how long does financial aid packages arrive once you’re accepted? And is this via email or through portal?

I was accepted in early February and received an award notification by email in early April, but that was just loans. Scholarships are notified by phone call though and that can be anytime.

Already withdrew from here since I just got loans too, but Dean Kallenberger said that scholarship money should've been freed up by now and that they'll be sending out scholarships through May/June depending on funds.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on waitlist receive any news this week?
Yes! I got the phone call and email yesterday. I was first tier weight list since feb. I will be declining the offer though. Good luck to everyone else.

Reactions: 6 users
Finally got the call!!:soexcited:Was in 1st tier waitlist.
Interviewed back in October. Will see most of you in August!

Last edited:
Has anyone been offered a scholarship recently? Wondering if they are done awarding or not.

Just got in off the 2nd tier waitlist with a partial scholarship!! Loved OUWB although another state school I got into is still a bit cheaper, so this will be a tough choice.

Just got in off the 2nd tier waitlist with a partial scholarship!! Loved OUWB although another state school I got into is still a bit cheaper, so this will be a tough choice.

You should go to the other state school. :p
I kid. I'm super jealous. Congrats!

I'm very confused since I'm on the 1st tier but still didn't get an offer before students in 2nd tier

Hm, that's interesting. The only possible explanation I can think of is they were looking for someone specifically to fit a certain demographic and they no longer had anyone like that in the Tier 1 list. Best of luck to you!

I think the survey was only sent out to students on the 2nd tier.
I was on first tier and got the survey about 2 weeks before my acceptance. I was paranoid about what I answered, so I had to call them and ask if I'm still on the waitlist afterwards.

Congratulations Dr. Brightside! I'm excited since you're the first person that I know that I got an acceptance from the 2nd tier. Praying for some good news for the rest of us still on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted today!!!!! Don't give up guys!!!!:soexcited::clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Does this mean they won't be accepting any more first tiers?

Holy smokes! Was accepted off the 2nd tier today! Resubmitted my AMCAS a few days ago and wasn't expecting to get the call with all the 1st tiers still remaining. Low key didn't do so hot my last semester...I hope they won't rescind their offer.

C

Congratulations! Did you send any letters of interest/intent or updates? Also, when you sent your primary, the other day did you send it to OUWB?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm still panicking about getting in this cycle haha.

Thank you! No worries! I definitely understand the panic. I sent in a letter of intent and fairly recently sent an update letter. When I sent my primary the other day I did not select OUWB. I had only selected my state school. I was still deciding on other schools. They wouldn't know if I had selected OUWB until AMCAS starts transmitting to schools later this month.

Also low key, got into a pretty bad accident a few weeks ago while helping the homeless and had to go to my university's health office and eventually the ED. They had asked about my post grad plans and learned I was waitlisted. Part of me thinks they had sent a letter in support of my application but who actually knows.

Best of luck! Hope you hear good news soon.

Holy smokes! Was accepted off the 2nd tier today! Resubmitted my AMCAS a few days ago and wasn't expecting to get the call with all the 1st tiers still remaining. Low key didn't do so hot my last semester...I hope they won't rescind their offer.

Congratulations! So exciting to see people accepted off the 2nd tier waitlist. When did they call you?

Hi classmates :)

I was accepted off the tier-2 waitlist this past week! IM HYPE.
Congrats! I wonder how many more people if any they are going to accept! I’m still over here crossing my fingers for a miracle lol

I had one of my friends withdraw about 1.5 weeks ago and someone had just posted yesterday in the Facebook group that they withdrew. So some of you may hear back with some good news. Numbehs may have taken the spot of my friend.

Hi classmates :)

I was accepted off the tier-2 waitlist this past week! IM HYPE.

Congratulations Numbehs! So glad you got a spot after all the wait. Still waiting alongside Aspiring and hoping for a miracle.

Can any M2-M4 tell me when you start participating in clinical activities as an M1?

It was a very tough decision, but just withdrew this morning! Incredibly organized admissions office, great culture, and very well respected hospital system. Good luck to those on the WL!