2017-2018 Rush Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you mean “update”?
It wasn't much of an update related specifically to whether my application is currently being reviewed, but more of an email saying that: 1) adcom is taking the time to personally read applications and that this process takes some time, 2) they understand it's a stressful period, and 3) they appreciate my patience.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Neither did I, not sure it would go to an actual person anyway if you look at the email address???
Haha yea, agreed. I just wasn’t sure. I felt like I should tell someone I love them.

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else get an application status update email today? All the email really said was that they had a lot of apps and they are trying their best to get through them. There was no change in my status. A little bit confused tbh as to why they needed to email me (us?) to say that and/or why they called this a status update.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get an application status update email today? All the email really said was that they had a lot of apps and they are trying their best to get through them. There was no change in my status. A little bit confused tbh as to why they needed to email me (us?) to say that and/or why they called this a status update.

Yes, I woke up to that email and my HR went from like 3 to 200 for nothing

Reactions: 2 users
+1 I screamed for nothing

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm thinking that if I didn't receive the update email they already reviewed my app lol

My secondary application has been certified since 9/17.. should I be worried that I haven't heard anything?

My secondary application has been certified since 9/17.. should I be worried that I haven't heard anything?
I’ve been complete since 8/4 and I’ve heard nothing, so you’re not alone!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!! Interviewed early/mid October. OOS.

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you Rush. First Acceptance, Top Choice! Interviewed mid October OOS.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone sent an application update (gap year activities)? I wanted to update Rush but wasn't sure how to do so

Has anyone sent an application update (gap year activities)? I wanted to update Rush but wasn't sure how to do so
I emailed to ask if they are receptive to update letters; they unfortunately are not.

Accepted on Friday!!! I was waitlisted at Rush last cycle, it was the only place to interview me, and it's my dream school, so I couldn't be more thrilled! :)

Reactions: 16 users
Can anyone who has already interviewed provide feedback/information about the format? Sounds like 40 minutes one-on-one, 10 minutes one-on-one, and a 10 minute activity? What were those like?

Reactions: 1 users
@claritab congrats on getting accepted! Do you mind sharing your stats if its not too much trouble?

@claritab congrats on getting accepted! Do you mind sharing your stats if its not too much trouble?

let's just say that my stats were most definitely not what got me into med school- hence having to reapply- but I have a ton of community health and service experience, and got very strong letters of recommendation.

Has anyone that received that email about them taking their time reviewing apps (I got it Oct 12th) received a II?

Accepted this morning. I loved this school so much! So grateful and excited. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Do they accept any updates?

90% sure they don't, I emailed them in July asking if I can submit a rec letter after I submit my secondary, and they said once the application is submitted they don't accept any updates.

omg this is not the school thread i thought i was on IGNORE lmaooo

Reactions: 1 user
Received the official acceptance letter via mail yesterday! Stoked to meet my potential future classmates.

Reactions: 3 users
This is kind of a weird question, but does anyone know what time Rush usually sends out post-II decisions on Fridays?