2017-2018 Rutgers University - NJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First year student here! Got in about a year ago here to answer any question about the school!
Could you give us a general idea of your impression thus far? (hates, loves, flaws, Newark experience, etc) I'm IS, have been accepted, and will need to ultimately choose between NJMS some other more expensive private schools; trying to gain the most nuanced version of NJMS I can.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II today! @ 5:22 PM. OOS, Complete 09/07! Ok, is anyone else having trouble signing up for an interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today :) OOS

I am trying to schedule a date but the calendar is coming up all grey. Did anyone else have this same problem?
I should've read up! haha. Yeah, I don't see any dates as well. Did you end up calling? And if so, what did they say?

First year student here! Got in about a year ago here to answer any question about the school!

Hi!! Was accepted early to NJMS a few months back and was wondering if you could talk a little about housing. Do most students live in Newark? Commute? Hoboken? Other? What was your living experience like and what would you recommend?

Hi!! Was accepted early to NJMS a few months back and was wondering if you could talk a little about housing. Do most students live in Newark? Commute? Hoboken? Other? What was your living experience like and what would you recommend?
Hey I'm an M4 and I'm pretty bored right now so I'll field this question haha. Most people live in 180 W Market first year but a good chunk live in Society Hill which is a large complex very close by. Another good chunk commute from home or from places like Bloomfield, Jersey City, Montclair, Hoboken, etc. My personal experience was living in 180 for the first two years was awesome and I highly recommend it. It lets you stay close to many other classmates and feel like more a part of the school community. I commuted from ~45 minutes away for third year and highly do not recommend this. Currently I live in Bloomfield, ~15 min drive and it's awesome. Definitely would say the go to is either 180 W Market or Society Hill for first two years, then consider a place nearby since 180 will most likely be primarily 1st and 2nd years. Society Hill is a great place to stay for all 4 years from what I've heard. Anyway, come to NJMS we're a good school I promise!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else have radio silence since early August? Have they sent out rejections yet?

Anyone else met with Heinrich at some point in the cycle, IS, and have not received a II?

Has anyone who interviewed on 10/16 still waiting to hear back? And if you were accepted, when did you get the call?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
lol i interviewed mid-september here and haven't heard anything

Anyone know if Rutgers is open to updates?

It's comforting to see fellow 10/16er's here! Maybe this means one or two of the interviewers that day have had conflicts with admission meeting times. Of course we could have just been a bad batch of interviewees, but that seems unlikely, so lets go with the former and keep the hope alive!

I interviewed 10/18. Still patiently waiting as well!

Has anyone who interviewed on 10/16 still waiting to hear back? And if you were accepted, when did you get the call?

I interviewed October 24th and got an acceptance mid November

Are they receptive of in the area emails? I have been complete since August and have not heard anything.

I spoke with someone in the admissions office last week and she said that it takes 6-8 weeks after Oct. 15th to hear back, which is different from the 6-8 weeks after the interview which I was initially told.

So it's been 8 weeks, would it be pushy/obnoxious to email the student I interviewed with and ask for his advice (if he thinks it's worth emailing Dr. Heinrich, etc)?

So it's been 8 weeks, would it be pushy/obnoxious to email the student I interviewed with and ask for his advice (if he thinks it's worth emailing Dr. Heinrich, etc)?
I don't think so ... I am thinking about calling the admissions office today since its been over 12 weeks since I interviewed which is kind of ridiculous

I don't think so ... I am thinking about calling the admissions office today since its been over 12 weeks since I interviewed which is kind of ridiculous
Yup I'm on the same time frame, keep us posted on what they say and I'll do the same?

I'm still waiting for even word of an II here :(

Reactions: 5 users
I see a NJMS class of 2022 FB group with already 147 members. Thoughts?
I wouldn’t read too much into the number. The page probably contains some members of the 2021 and 2020 classes as well, plus NJMS has quite a bit of waitlist movement so a lot of those accepted students may not matriculate here.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed Sept 20th. I spoke with Dr. Heinrich last night and he said I should expect to hear back in the next week so I'd assume that time frame applies to other mid-september interviewees?

Interviewed Sept 20th. I spoke with Dr. Heinrich last night and he said I should expect to hear back in the next week so I'd assume that time frame applies to other mid-september interviewees?
He told me the same.

Rejected just now via email post II (Oct 26 I belive was the interview day) this just goes to show no matter how well you feel you performed for your interview, it is a total crap shoot every step of the way. Also instate and live 10 min away from this school, so yea it kinda stings. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 4 users
The most bizarre thing just happened. Got a call from NJMS telling me that I never responded to my II. Checked and I am certain I never got it. Wasn't in spam either. Now I have to make a later interview... does anyone know if this will hurt my chances? Thanks a lot!

Does anyone know when NJMS stops sending out IIs and stops interviewing? just wondering how full the class is right now!

Just got an email saying I am an alternate. Interviewed 9/18. Good luck everyone!

Rejected today after interviewing at this school twice. Good stats, in-state. It stings, but keeping my head up. Good luck y'all

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected today after interviewing at this school twice. Good stats, in-state. It stings, but keeping my head up. Good luck y'all

Same here man. Instate, 10 min drive from home, above their median mcat and GPA. Don't worry, You will find success somewhere I am sure!

Does anyone who interviewed on 12/14 remember them saying anything about when we would hear back?

Did anyone else who was accepted get the email about setting up a netID?

The most bizarre thing just happened. Got a call from NJMS telling me that I never responded to my II. Checked and I am certain I never got it. Wasn't in spam either. Now I have to make a later interview... does anyone know if this will hurt my chances? Thanks a lot!
woah, what did they tell you about that?

woah, what did they tell you about that?
Nothing really. They just said they sent it to my email on my AMCAS on X date. I checked and it was not there, nor in spam either. She was sure it was sent, and I am sure I never got it. Maybe gmail messed up? lol. It's all good though, hopefully this is the only school it happened with.