2017-2018 Rutgers University - NJMS

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Checked my email tens of times, but nothing hiding in the cracks of spam. I emailed them and will see their response. Probably a cool and swift: "nah...you rejected".
 
Do they send a mass rejection at the end of the cycle or is this just one of those schools that never officially sends a rejection?
 
Do they send a mass rejection at the end of the cycle or is this just one of those schools that never officially sends a rejection?
Do they send a mass rejection at the end of the cycle or is this just one of those schools that never officially sends a rejection?
Schools send secondary applications based in part that we passed an initial review process meeting certain criteria and worthy of a further review for an interview. We also know that sending secondary apps are in many cases a $ profit center. Most schools will at some point communicate a decision...good or bad. What really irks me is the schools that simply do nothing and go silent in giving an answer to prospective students. I am fortunate that I have already received an acceptance into a program that I really coveted, so this is not just me complaining, rather a pet peeve. I do feel if we as applicants took the time to apply and spend the $ on primary and secondary applications plus in many cases travel, a school should be professional and at least inform you of a decision either way. What does that really say about how the school views its applicant pool and student body? Applying to med school is stressful as it is. How about schools respecting their applicants with a simple email update or decision!
 
Schools send secondary applications based in part that we passed an initial review process meeting certain criteria and worthy of a further review for an interview. We also know that sending secondary apps are in many cases a $ profit center. Most schools will at some point communicate a decision...good or bad. What really irks me is the schools that simply do nothing and go silent in giving an answer to prospective students. I am fortunate that I have already received an acceptance into a program that I really coveted, so this is not just me complaining, rather a pet peeve. I do feel if we as applicants took the time to apply and spend the $ on primary and secondary applications plus in many cases travel, a school should be professional and at least inform you of a decision either way. What does that really say about how the school views its applicant pool and student body? Applying to med school is stressful as it is. How about schools respecting their applicants with a simple email update or decision!
Ah okay. I can't keep track with which of my schools screened and which didn't, but I do know I received and completed a secondary for Rutgers. I know it's normal for some schools to send a mass rejection email at the end of the cycle, I just wasn't sure if this was one of them. I hadn't heard from them all cycle, and can sense a rejection coming, but I wanted to know whether I should expect to hear nothing from them at all (aka silent rejection) or if a mass rejection in like April or May is coming.

On that note: has anyone been rejected from Rutgers yet, or has it mostly just been interviews/interview decisions/pre-interview silence?
 
does anyone know when the next round of acceptance calls will go out? is there a particular day of the week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the email today about the housing options. Can anyone talk about the differences between 15 Washington and 180 W. Market? (The virtual tour only had the undergrad buildings). Also, do most students live in one of these buildings, or do a lot live off campus?
 
Got a reply from them stating: "Unfortunately, the committee is taking a little longer than usual to make decisions on some files."
 
Just got the email today about the housing options. Can anyone talk about the differences between 15 Washington and 180 W. Market? (The virtual tour only had the undergrad buildings). Also, do most students live in one of these buildings, or do a lot live off campus?
The majority of first years live in 180 W Market and then more and more people move off campus each year. There are still quite a few commuters and people who live off campus in 24 Jones/Society Hill/suburbs. I've never heard of anyone living in 15 Washington.
 
Can anyone comment on if NY residents get in-state considerations at either Rutgers schools?
There are a few out of state people (including from NY) who get the in-state rate for tuition. Dr. Heinrich will tell you if you get in-state tuition when he calls to accept you.
 
I'm applying for the upcoming cycle and have some questions:

-On interview day, is it just one person that you interview with?
-If anyone applied ED and got accepted, can you please message me your stats?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that's definitely true I was in contact with Heinrich a lot sending updates and then finally got an interview end of Feb. wait listed soon after
On the other end, anecdotal, I never send a thing in. I think it's important if they make it important, as is the game we're playing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
 
Just got the official ax. Good luck to those waiting to hear back, and congratulations to those accepted!
 
just got (finally) rejected too. it's so weird how med school admissions work, back in august when I applied I thought I was a really good fit for NJMS, and thought I had a great chance because I'm in state. oh well!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad