-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Saint Louis University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry to hear that, but stay positive and I wish you good luck with the rest of your cycle 🙂RIP to me. Complete mid summer. Pre-II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When does their interview season end?
I haven't!Not sure. But I have a separate question: have you guys received other communication after submitting the $100 dollars deposit?
Accepted by email just now. Interviewed 11/21, most likely going to withdraw.
Last edited:
Does slu accept updates and letter of intents?
Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed 11/21 as well!
Does slu accept updates and letter of intents?
Yes. I would send pre/post II but they have more weight post-II.
Anecdotal, but I have a friend who submitted a LOI last cycle on Friday and was accepted on the following Monday.
Through the portal or email it to the general admissions email?Yes. I would send pre/post II but they have more weight post-II.
Anecdotal, but I have a friend who submitted a LOI last cycle on Friday and was accepted on the following Monday.
Has anyone who interviewed 11/27 heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today via e-mail. Interviewed 11/28. Still concerned about the probation situation. The fact that no one mentioned it on interview day made me a little uneasy. Can anyone set my mind at ease?
Through the portal or email it to the general admissions email?
If there is an option through the portal I would use that.
Accepted today via e-mail. Interviewed 11/28. Still concerned about the probation situation. The fact that no one mentioned it on interview day made me a little uneasy. Can anyone set my mind at ease?
Probably no one mentioned it because we, as students, are really not worried about it. The only MD school to lose accreditation in recent history was a Caribbean school that literally couldn't afford keep the lights on in their hospital. Baylor, GW, and CMS have all been on probation recently and have gotten off.
There is a SLU website with updates on the process. Here is the link to the most recent one Progress Shared on LCME Remediation : SLU
Ultimately you have to make the decision though if you're lucky enough to have multiple options
Probably no one mentioned it because we, as students, are really not worried about it. The only MD school to lose accreditation in recent history was a Caribbean school that literally couldn't afford keep the lights on in their hospital. Baylor, GW, and CMS have all been on probation recently and have gotten off.
There is a SLU website with updates on the process. Here is the link to the most recent one Progress Shared on LCME Remediation : SLU
Ultimately you have to make the decision though if you're lucky enough to have multiple options
Thanks, that's really helpful to know. It's hard to understand what this means if you're on the outside in this sort of situation. I didn't mean any offense in my original post but as I have multiple acceptances at this point it is something that I'm considering as I weigh the options and just wanted the inside scoop on the situation. Thanks again!
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking if it was pre or post II?
rejected yesterday, pre-II. I requested they withdraw my application weeks ago. 🤣

How long should I wait after my interview to send in an update and intent letter taking into consideration they are discussing my file in 3 weeks?
If they say interview is at 9am that means just showing up at admissions office right? They will direct you to interview location?
Your interview starts at that time, you should absolutely arrive earlier. You may have to walk to your interview from the officeIf they say interview is at 9am that means just showing up at admissions office right? They will direct you to interview location?
Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile
Not stressful at all. Very conversational and don’t be nervous. You will do amazing!I have my interview here soon, how stressful is it?
Withdrawing from II today. Hope one of you deserving folks gets my spot!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I updated my grades to SLU and they accepted it. just go to the secondary website and use their "document upload" optionAnyone know if they review updates pre-II? Time is ticking and my patience is nearly non-existence lmao
Radio silence since August
I know they accept them but do they actually look at them lolI updated my grades to SLU and they accepted it. just go to the secondary website and use their "document upload" option
Lol after I updated my grades, I got an interview invite about a week later, so I think they doI know they accept them but do they actually look at them lol
Lol after I updated my grades, I got an interview invite about a week later, so I think they do
That was my experience, too.
D
deleted865881
Axed Pre II, complete early July.
Rejected pre II. Complete early July. LM 67-69
REJected as well. Complete in July
Does this mean I made it past a round of rejections??? Lol
I was complete late July and still haven't heard anything haha
I was complete late July and still haven't heard anything haha
Yes it would seem that way!! complete 07/05 myselfDoes this mean I made it past a round of rejections??? Lol
I was complete late July and still haven't heard anything haha
*raises hand*Who else interviewed in late November and hasn't heard back?
Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile
Out of curiosity, how much does the probation affect the school and its students?
If my interview is in the afternoon, do I just show up at 10:40? The email says “in addition to the interview, there is a tour of the Medical Center and a luncheon that will provide you with an opportunity to meet with medical students and with the Dean of Admissions. The tour will take off from the Admissions Office. These activities will occur between 10:40 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.”
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeahIf my interview is in the afternoon, do I just show up at 10:40? The email says “in addition to the interview, there is a tour of the Medical Center and a luncheon that will provide you with an opportunity to meet with medical students and with the Dean of Admissions. The tour will take off from the Admissions Office. These activities will occur between 10:40 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.”
How are the interviews, are they closed file? Thanks!
They're open file, super conversational and relaxed, and for some it's 15 minutes for others it's an hour.How are the interviews, are they closed file? Thanks!
Based on last years thread no there are still IIs to be had.are they done with IIs?
It looked like this week was a decent week for IIs and then they continued to send out interviews periodically into early February. 2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application ThreadWhen did they end last yr?
page 12 seemed to have a few. I didn't look past this.