2017-2018 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone that interviewed early December hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II out of nowhere. I was complete 7/7.

Reactions: 7 users
II as well! I was complete in late July!

Reactions: 3 users
II just now! Complete mid-August

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted by email just now. Interviewed 11/21, most likely going to withdraw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted today, interviewed late Nov. I am probably going to withdraw, too.

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today. Interviewed 11/21. Loved the school. Planning to accept!

Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed 11/21 as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does slu accept updates and letter of intents?

Yes. I would send pre/post II but they have more weight post-II.

Anecdotal, but I have a friend who submitted a LOI last cycle on Friday and was accepted on the following Monday.

Yes. I would send pre/post II but they have more weight post-II.

Anecdotal, but I have a friend who submitted a LOI last cycle on Friday and was accepted on the following Monday.
Through the portal or email it to the general admissions email?

Accepted today via e-mail. Interviewed 11/28. Still concerned about the probation situation. The fact that no one mentioned it on interview day made me a little uneasy. Can anyone set my mind at ease?

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today via e-mail. Interviewed 11/28. Still concerned about the probation situation. The fact that no one mentioned it on interview day made me a little uneasy. Can anyone set my mind at ease?

Probably no one mentioned it because we, as students, are really not worried about it. The only MD school to lose accreditation in recent history was a Caribbean school that literally couldn't afford keep the lights on in their hospital. Baylor, GW, and CMS have all been on probation recently and have gotten off.

There is a SLU website with updates on the process. Here is the link to the most recent one Progress Shared on LCME Remediation : SLU

Ultimately you have to make the decision though if you're lucky enough to have multiple options

Probably no one mentioned it because we, as students, are really not worried about it. The only MD school to lose accreditation in recent history was a Caribbean school that literally couldn't afford keep the lights on in their hospital. Baylor, GW, and CMS have all been on probation recently and have gotten off.

There is a SLU website with updates on the process. Here is the link to the most recent one Progress Shared on LCME Remediation : SLU

Ultimately you have to make the decision though if you're lucky enough to have multiple options

Thanks, that's really helpful to know. It's hard to understand what this means if you're on the outside in this sort of situation. I didn't mean any offense in my original post but as I have multiple acceptances at this point it is something that I'm considering as I weigh the options and just wanted the inside scoop on the situation. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 users
rejected yesterday, pre-II. I requested they withdraw my application weeks ago. :rofl::thinking:

Reactions: 1 user
How long should I wait after my interview to send in an update and intent letter taking into consideration they are discussing my file in 3 weeks?

If they say interview is at 9am that means just showing up at admissions office right? They will direct you to interview location?

If they say interview is at 9am that means just showing up at admissions office right? They will direct you to interview location?
Your interview starts at that time, you should absolutely arrive earlier. You may have to walk to your interview from the office

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile

Withdrawing from II today. Hope one of you deserving folks gets my spot!

Anyone know if they review updates pre-II? Time is ticking and my patience is nearly non-existence lmao
Radio silence since August

Anyone know if they review updates pre-II? Time is ticking and my patience is nearly non-existence lmao
Radio silence since August
I updated my grades to SLU and they accepted it. just go to the secondary website and use their "document upload" option

I updated my grades to SLU and they accepted it. just go to the secondary website and use their "document upload" option
I know they accept them but do they actually look at them lol

I know they accept them but do they actually look at them lol
Lol after I updated my grades, I got an interview invite about a week later, so I think they do

Reactions: 1 user
Does this mean I made it past a round of rejections??? Lol
I was complete late July and still haven't heard anything haha

Who else interviewed in late November and hasn't heard back?

Does anyone know if SLU has a second look? And does anyone actually know when classes start this fall? I can't find any sort of official date on their website...

Out of curiosity, how much does the probation affect the school and its students?

If my interview is in the afternoon, do I just show up at 10:40? The email says “in addition to the interview, there is a tour of the Medical Center and a luncheon that will provide you with an opportunity to meet with medical students and with the Dean of Admissions. The tour will take off from the Admissions Office. These activities will occur between 10:40 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.”

If my interview is in the afternoon, do I just show up at 10:40? The email says “in addition to the interview, there is a tour of the Medical Center and a luncheon that will provide you with an opportunity to meet with medical students and with the Dean of Admissions. The tour will take off from the Admissions Office. These activities will occur between 10:40 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.”
yeah