2017-2018 Saint Louis University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What did it say? The previous poster's rejection letter was so nice... sorry to hear about your outcome 🙁
It basically said we hope you use your strong education at a different school or different related field. I found the latter part rude. If I applied to your medical school, I'm pretty dead set on becoming a doctor, and not looking at other fields. I'm not even mad because I wouldn't have gone to the interview anyways had it been an II (Accepted to a better school).
 
It basically said we hope you use your strong education at a different school or different related field. I found the latter part rude. If I applied to your medical school, I'm pretty dead set on becoming a doctor, and not looking at other fields. I'm not even mad because I wouldn't have gone to the interview anyways had it been an II (Accepted to a better school).
Got it. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on that school! Btw did you get this notification today?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SLU really whittles the applicant off!! Kinda wish they did it more like Wake Forest, Albany or GWU where the rejections are just all at once.
 
It basically said we hope you use your strong education at a different school or different related field. I found the latter part rude. If I applied to your medical school, I'm pretty dead set on becoming a doctor, and not looking at other fields. I'm not even mad because I wouldn't have gone to the interview anyways had it been an II (Accepted to a better school).
I took it as wishing you luck for the future in whichever direction you take. A lot of students apply to different medical related fields (PhD, dentistry, PA, Pharmacy, etc.) I guess it doesn't really matter which way you take it because you've been accepted elsewhere so congrats on your success this cycle 🙂
 
I took it as wishing you luck for the future in whichever direction you take. A lot of students apply to different medical related fields (PhD, dentistry, PA, Pharmacy, etc.) I guess it doesn't really matter which way you take it because you've been accepted elsewhere so congrats on your success this cycle 🙂
Really? I have never heard of someone applying to Med school and then to PA/Pharmacy/PhD. The most similar thing I've heard of is PA's or PhD's applying to med school. And thank you! Best of luck with your cycle!
 
Really? I have never heard of someone applying to Med school and then to PA/Pharmacy/PhD. The most similar thing I've heard of is PA's or PhD's applying to med school. And thank you! Best of luck with your cycle!
Yep! I know a few who applied MD, Dentistry and PhD in the same cycle. Also know some who applied MD and JD... although that transition is a bit weirder...

And thanks 🙂
 
Really? I have never heard of someone applying to Med school and then to PA/Pharmacy/PhD. The most similar thing I've heard of is PA's or PhD's applying to med school. And thank you! Best of luck with your cycle!
"I'm not even mad because I wouldn't have gone to the interview anyways had it been an II (Accepted to a better school)." LOL thats what people who are mad say....salty
 
"I'm not even mad because I wouldn't have gone to the interview anyways had it been an II (Accepted to a better school)." LOL thats what people who are mad say....salty
YES!!! Lol this person just posted about how they weren't "satisfied" with their acceptance. Whatever it doesn't matter now lol
 
"I'm not even mad because I wouldn't have gone to the interview anyways had it been an II (Accepted to a better school)." LOL thats what people who are mad say....salty
YES!!! Lol this person just posted about how they weren't "satisfied" with their acceptance. Whatever it doesn't matter now lol
I just cancelled two interviews after getting my acceptance. Can't waste anymore money on flights. I seriously wouldn't have gone lol Vermont is a better school than Saint Louis lmao.

And I didn't say I wasn't satisfied lol.. I said I wasn't as hype as I thought I would be after getting into med school. I said it was in my top-5 as well. Jeez these threads make me wonder how some of you got past the CARS section on the MCAT.
 
Hopefully this week's round of post-interview decisions goes out tomorrow. Late November interview checking in. Good luck to everyone
 
I just cancelled two interviews after getting my acceptance. Can't waste anymore money on flights. I seriously wouldn't have gone lol Vermont is a better school than Saint Louis lmao.

And I didn't say I wasn't satisfied lol.. I said I wasn't as hype as I thought I would be after getting into med school. I said it was in my top-5 as well. Jeez these threads make me wonder how some of you got past the CARS section on the MCAT.

I interviewed at Vermont and SLU. They're fairly comparable schools. With such similar rankings, it is more about fit.

But anyway, congratulations on your acceptance. You can stop the negativity on this thread any time now. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just cancelled two interviews after getting my acceptance. Can't waste anymore money on flights. I seriously wouldn't have gone lol Vermont is a better school than Saint Louis lmao.

And I didn't say I wasn't satisfied lol.. I said I wasn't as hype as I thought I would be after getting into med school. I said it was in my top-5 as well. Jeez these threads make me wonder how some of you got past the CARS section on the MCAT.
Fair Enough. We can disagree about which one is better, we obviously have biases lol. Just expect people to get Butthurt if u go on a school specific forum and say that
 
II just now after sending an update 2 days ago lol complete mid-Sept, dates were available until the first week of March. hopefully interviewing end of Feb doesn't hurt my chances too much
 
It's February so all acceptances are likely out by now and they are slowly working down the wait list as people decline. It's a tricky process because you can't waitlist everyone, but you also can't make the waitlist too short in the case that more people decline the acceptances than expected. If you had a good interview and get waitlisted you still have a good shot- there will be a lot of movement as people drop acceptances down to 1. Good luck to all 🙂
 
It's February so all acceptances are likely out by now and they are slowly working down the wait list as people decline. It's a tricky process because you can't waitlist everyone, but you also can't make the waitlist too short in the case that more people decline the acceptances than expected. If you had a good interview and get waitlisted you still have a good shot- there will be a lot of movement as people drop acceptances down to 1. Good luck to all 🙂

From what I've heard, they don't interview people for the waitlist. And considering the fact that they're still interviewing people, I think it's safe to assume they still have spots open
 
I interviewed in September and was waitlisted. As someone on the waitlist i was told that they don’t not pull from the list until May. When interviewing is over and the April 30th deadline passes for students to pick a final decision. Hope this info helps!
 
I've been in complete silence here since 7/10. I'm obviously assuming I'm rejected, but goodness just tell me already
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that interviewed and hasn’t heard back (from late November/December) contacted the admissions office about the delayed response time? We were told it would take 4-6 weeks
 
I've been complete since July and still silence. No II. No R. Why must SLU do this to me?
Perhaps they started the day with bad news and are working their way through the list so they can finish the week on a high note ^_^ IIs may be the next batch of emails to be sent out 🙂
 
Late November interview checking in, nothing yet. The thread from last year hinted at SLU doing a post interview Hold at a certain point. Who knows, maybe they are just trying to get through the mountains of apps that haven't been reviewed *shrugs*

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile
 
Thanks @Ari77 ! And Congrats @gloryyga on your II! Unfortunately I didn't get the II this time, but glad to know they are still sending invites.
 
Hi all, I am a first year SLU med student that is on the Orientation Committee! We will be planning the events for your welcome week and making sure you have the necessary info before moving to STL. We have just created a facebook group (just search Saint Louis University School of Medicine - Class of 2022); we ask that only accepted students request to join the group. Once you request to join, we will give you instructions on how to verify your acceptance, so please check your facebook messages (including message requests). Congrats on your acceptance to SLU, and we look forward to having the new class on campus!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate as well, interviewed mid-December. A little disappointed, but just glad to hear back from a school finally! Anyone have any ideas on size of alternate list and/or how many alternates they have accepted in the past?