Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats what admissions told me 🤔Didn't someone call admissions and the lady said there would be a lot of WL movement this year?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thats what admissions told me 🤔Didn't someone call admissions and the lady said there would be a lot of WL movement this year?
Check with SLU Financial people. Hard to believe they dont get federal Grad loans for their students and same goes with deferment. Why they will pick SLUSOM and not other private Med schools. Didn't you get something on your Financial pkg about applying for Grad Plus loans ?Has anyone with federal loans from undergrad done something about requesting further deferment during medical school? I contacted my loan service provider and they said that SLUSOM isn't eligible for federally backed programs, including school deferment?? I am super concerned now because there's no way I can make payments on my loans during school.
I think it was because my loan service provider used SLUSOM's code to determine the eligibility but when we apply for financial aid, we use the main university's code. I think it's all good nowCheck with SLU Financial people. Hard to believe they dont get federal Grad loans for their students and same goes with deferment. Why they will pick SLUSOM and not other private Med schools. Didn't you get something on your Financial pkg about applying for Grad Plus loans ?
I read somewhere that undergrad and grad loans are deferred even during Residency. I think you got some wrong info. Let us know with your findings..
Apparently there has been movment, but doesnt seem like anyone from SDNAnyone get off the waitlist yet?
Yeah i called today and the lady said there’s movement. Weird that absolutely no one on SDN has been accepted from the waitlist.Anyone get off the waitlist yet?
Maybe theyre just moving really slow....or thats just wishful thinkingYeah i called today and the lady said there’s movement. Weird that absolutely no one on SDN has been accepted from the waitlist.
It's a sign that the cycle is almost over sadly. I'm still hoping for some waitlist love from this school but who knows at this point.Feels weird not seeing any update on SDN.....
Just got off the waitlist! Notified 12:01 PST, OOS, LM 70. Given 1 week to decide and $100 deposit which will “be applied toward your tuition.”
Congrats! When did you interview?Just got off the waitlist! Notified 12:01 PST, OOS, LM 70. Given 1 week to decide and $100 deposit which will “be applied toward your tuition.”
also just got off the waitlist! similar stats to catsleeping, interviewed early March
email!Did they call you or email?
Congrats! When did you interview?
. You are mixing the 2 thoughts up. Yes you can apply for deferral of Undergraduate loans. SLU has nothing to do with it. You can pay the interest only, or defer the whole ball of wax. Depending on your loan you can defer and just be charged interest without principle. It has nothing to do with med school and what loans they have. Goin on is a totally acceptable reason for deferment.Has anyone with federal loans from undergrad done something about requesting further deferment during medical school? I contacted my loan service provider and they said that SLUSOM isn't eligible for federally backed programs, including school deferment?? I am super concerned now because there's no way I can make payments on my loans during school.
Is anyone else not able to access in the form for alternate list update email they sent just now?
Same here, just emailed them as wellI wasn’t able to. I emailed them and told them.
+1I wasn’t able to. I emailed them and told them.
The link is now alive and well! Was just able to access itJust called the admissions office and the email was not a mistake - they want to update the list. They need to fix the permissions on the form and said we should be able to access it with the original link in ~30 mins. Edit: looks like it's working already.
your good as long as you sumbited the second page, no confirm email. Did everyone get the update email tho I wonder?Anyone get a confirmation email of completing the form? Did it on my phone so i was worried it might not have gone through
Second page with the phone number? Dopeyour good as long as you sumbited the second page, no confirm email. Did everyone get the update email tho I wonder?
2:45 PM CSTWhat time did you get the email?
I didn't get it initially either but it's there now! Thanks for the heads up! So stoked right now!@accepted people. So initially i didn't get the SLU endowed scholarship and i moved on with my life, but I checked again and it was there! for those who have been accepted it may help to take another look
I saw that someone got in today via the reddit waitlist acceptance tracker. I wonder if movement continues into early June?No movement this week?
February 5thCan i ask when you interviewed?
congrats. there's a facebook page for our class in which you can get more infoGot accepted here just now!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.