You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Saint Louis University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just Got the alternate list reconfirmation email. The time is coming !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do have a friend of a friend who got rejected post interview this cycle.Could someone confirm if SLU does post-II rejections?
Also alt listed.
Just got an email asking if I wanted to stay on the alternate list.
Same!
My number/email/address hasn't changed since I've applied so I;m not doing anythingif the contact is the same as before, do i need to do anything?
got the same email as well.Just got an email asking if I wanted to stay on the alternate list.
Don't think so. From what I remember, everyone who was on the waitlist gets offered a spot on the alternate list.I assume from previous years threads that this means that higher on the waitlist?
Did you get the email we all got today as well ?
Yep!
Has everyone on the waitlist received an e-mail about information update?
7
700825
Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys on the alternate list!
I thought you got the email?Nope. Did you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has any other accepted student noticed that their slu.edu account has a Firecracker tab on it? Does SLU pay for a Firecracker account for each student?
Edit: For those who are curious, apparently SLU is providing Firecracker for their students starting this next year.
Edit: For those who are curious, apparently SLU is providing Firecracker for their students starting this next year.
Last edited:
Is there a deadline to accepting the financial aid offer? I didn't get any scholarship but got offered options for loans
Has any other accepted student noticed that their slu.edu account has a Firecracker tab on it? Does SLU pay for a Firecracker account for each student?
Edit: For those who are curious, apparently SLU is providing Firecracker for their students starting this next year.
Yeah we got Firecracker this year. The administration works in conjunction with Firecracker to provide us some quizzes that go hand-in-hand with our course. This is the first block (neuro) that they have tried it with.
We also get UWORLD provided to us next year
I just read in the old post from last year that they’re sent out in batches. And if you got one when people first posted about it you’re most likely in the first batch and therefore higher upI assume from previous years threads that this means that higher on the waitlist?
That was two years ago. Last year, everyone received the waitlist update at the same time. This year, nobody complained about not receiving the update on 16th. So I guess they no longer send the notifications out in batches.I just read in the old post from last year that they’re sent out in batches. And if you got one when people first posted about it you’re most likely in the first batch and therefore higher up
Probably tomorrowDoes WL movement stat today or tomorrow ?
Withdrew my acceptance yesterday.
Best of luck to everyone!!
Best of luck to everyone!!
Admissions said they started the process when i called two days ago. Now I’m thinking she meant they started to meet about the alternate listSLU SLEEPING ON US
Admissions said they started the process when i called two days ago. Now I’m thinking she meant they started to meet about the alternate list
Isn't it a ranked list? What more is there to do besides sending out the emails in order as spots open up??
Probably they need to rank everyone first.Isn't it a ranked list? What more is there to do besides sending out the emails in order as spots open up??
I didn’t want to peeve admissions with too many questions at once but i have no idea !Isn't it a ranked list? What more is there to do besides sending out the emails in order as spots open up??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It should be ranked. The email I got asking if I wanted to stay on the alternate list said: "As you know, your file is complete and the Committee on Admissions has assigned you a position on the alternate list." Doesn't that mean they have already assigned ranks? Or is that just them telling me that my assigned position is simply on the alternate list?
Holyyyyyy i totally skipped over the “has assigned you a position” part.It should be ranked. The email I got asking if I wanted to stay on the alternate list said: "As you know, your file is complete and the Committee on Admissions has assigned you a position on the alternate list." Doesn't that mean they have already assigned ranks? Or is that just them telling me that my assigned position is simply on the alternate list?
Holyyyyyy i totally skipped over the “has assigned you a position” part.
I called them a while back about the alternate list and they said it was a “static” ranked alternate list. I assumed that meant they ranked us and our ranking wouldn’t change over time. But who knows lol
I think were getting closer to them cracking the code for us hahaI called them a while back about the alternate list and they said it was a “static” ranked alternate list. I assumed that meant they ranked us and our ranking wouldn’t change over time. But who knows lol
Does anyone know what the "miscellaneous" fees for first-year ($6,670) covers?
Just called and they said theyve started to pull people offAny1 call to see when waitlist movement will start?
So probably there are people off the waitlist, but they are not on sdn.Just called and they said theyve started to pull people off
That seems to be the caseSo probably there are people off the waitlist, but they are not on sdn.
Well, I need to get a grip cause I read that and hoped that maybe they have pulled people off in a figurative sense and not yet sent out the emails, which is (obviously) illogical. Thank you for checking btw!Just called and they said theyve started to pull people off
I saw couple new people added to their facebook group this week so they probably accepted people but those people probably don't post on SDNThats so weird that no one has posted an acceptance this week then.
Hmmm could be. Also those ppl could have chosen SLU last minute and just now joined the FB group. Yeah it's strange that no one on this SDN group has reported anything
Maybe there are significantly fewer spots this year - reducing the odds of someone on SDN reporting being pulled.
Shoot I hope not hahaMaybe there are significantly fewer spots this year - reducing the odds of someone on SDN reporting being pulled.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FB shows 185 and that includes 5 Admin. So if 180 of those finally going to SLU then do the math. They have 177 admitted last year as per MSAR.I saw couple new people added to their facebook group this week so they probably accepted people but those people probably don't post on SDN
FB shows 185 and that includes 5 Admin. So if 180 of those finally going to SLU then do the math. They have 177 admitted last year as per MSAR.
Then at this point were just waiting for some of them to be pulled to go somewhere else lol. I guess we'll see some movement in a week or so.
Then at this point were just waiting for some of them to be pulled to go somewhere else lol. I guess we'll see some movement in a week or so.
Hopefully some of those already moved to other schools and forget to let the admin know that they are gone.. so they can be removed from FB.
Yeah that’s what someone posted last monthDidn't someone call admissions and the lady said there would be a lot of WL movement this year?
Can't decide whether the slu threads from previous years are a good indication of what movement will be like this year or not - so far it doesn't seem that way, unless spots are freeing up more slowly than usual. Just gonna blindly say that maybe next week will be better for us sdn folk. Have a good weekend everybody!
