2017-2018 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any interviewees from the last week of Feb get a decision this week?
I interviewed the last week of Feb and was told my file was presented to the committee on 4/11. She then said it may take 1-2 more weeks for a decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email asking if I wanted to stay on the alternate list.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just Got the alternate list reconfirmation email. The time is coming !

Reactions: 2 users
Could someone confirm if SLU does post-II rejections?
Do have a friend of a friend who got rejected post interview this cycle.

Also alt listed.

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate list today. Interviewed late February.

I assume from previous years threads that this means that higher on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
I assume from previous years threads that this means that higher on the waitlist?
Don't think so. From what I remember, everyone who was on the waitlist gets offered a spot on the alternate list.

Withdrawing from alternate list. Good luck everybody

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys on the alternate list!

Reactions: 7 users
Has any other accepted student noticed that their slu.edu account has a Firecracker tab on it? Does SLU pay for a Firecracker account for each student?

Edit: For those who are curious, apparently SLU is providing Firecracker for their students starting this next year.

Last edited:
Is there a deadline to accepting the financial aid offer? I didn't get any scholarship but got offered options for loans

Just declined my acceptance - hope one of you receive it :)

Reactions: 8 users
Has any other accepted student noticed that their slu.edu account has a Firecracker tab on it? Does SLU pay for a Firecracker account for each student?

Edit: For those who are curious, apparently SLU is providing Firecracker for their students starting this next year.

Yeah we got Firecracker this year. The administration works in conjunction with Firecracker to provide us some quizzes that go hand-in-hand with our course. This is the first block (neuro) that they have tried it with.

We also get UWORLD provided to us next year

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 8 users
I just read in the old post from last year that they’re sent out in batches. And if you got one when people first posted about it you’re most likely in the first batch and therefore higher up

I just read in the old post from last year that they’re sent out in batches. And if you got one when people first posted about it you’re most likely in the first batch and therefore higher up
That was two years ago. Last year, everyone received the waitlist update at the same time. This year, nobody complained about not receiving the update on 16th. So I guess they no longer send the notifications out in batches.

Withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew my acceptance yesterday.
Best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 9 users
Admissions said they started the process when i called two days ago. Now I’m thinking she meant they started to meet about the alternate list

Isn't it a ranked list? What more is there to do besides sending out the emails in order as spots open up??

It should be ranked. The email I got asking if I wanted to stay on the alternate list said: "As you know, your file is complete and the Committee on Admissions has assigned you a position on the alternate list." Doesn't that mean they have already assigned ranks? Or is that just them telling me that my assigned position is simply on the alternate list?

It should be ranked. The email I got asking if I wanted to stay on the alternate list said: "As you know, your file is complete and the Committee on Admissions has assigned you a position on the alternate list." Doesn't that mean they have already assigned ranks? Or is that just them telling me that my assigned position is simply on the alternate list?
Holyyyyyy i totally skipped over the “has assigned you a position” part.

Holyyyyyy i totally skipped over the “has assigned you a position” part.

I called them a while back about the alternate list and they said it was a “static” ranked alternate list. I assumed that meant they ranked us and our ranking wouldn’t change over time. But who knows lol

I called them a while back about the alternate list and they said it was a “static” ranked alternate list. I assumed that meant they ranked us and our ranking wouldn’t change over time. But who knows lol
I think were getting closer to them cracking the code for us haha

Does anyone know what the "miscellaneous" fees for first-year ($6,670) covers?

Any1 call to see when waitlist movement will start?

Just called and they said theyve started to pull people off
Well, I need to get a grip cause I read that and hoped that maybe they have pulled people off in a figurative sense and not yet sent out the emails, which is (obviously) illogical. Thank you for checking btw!

Thats so weird that no one has posted an acceptance this week then.

Thats so weird that no one has posted an acceptance this week then.
I saw couple new people added to their facebook group this week so they probably accepted people but those people probably don't post on SDN

Yeah I also find it really weird that no one on here would’ve been pulled off yet considering how many people reported getting waitlisted.

Hmmm could be. Also those ppl could have chosen SLU last minute and just now joined the FB group. Yeah it's strange that no one on this SDN group has reported anything

Maybe there are significantly fewer spots this year - reducing the odds of someone on SDN reporting being pulled.

I saw couple new people added to their facebook group this week so they probably accepted people but those people probably don't post on SDN
FB shows 185 and that includes 5 Admin. So if 180 of those finally going to SLU then do the math. They have 177 admitted last year as per MSAR.

FB shows 185 and that includes 5 Admin. So if 180 of those finally going to SLU then do the math. They have 177 admitted last year as per MSAR.

Then at this point were just waiting for some of them to be pulled to go somewhere else lol. I guess we'll see some movement in a week or so.

Then at this point were just waiting for some of them to be pulled to go somewhere else lol. I guess we'll see some movement in a week or so.

Hopefully some of those already moved to other schools and forget to let the admin know that they are gone.. so they can be removed from FB.