-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Stony Brook University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How did you find out?Accepted woo!
Just got rejected
Rejected today as well, was marked complete 8/31.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Via email 🙂How did you find out?
Congrats man!! When was your interview?Accepted woo!
WOOHOO! also curious when your interview was.Accepted woo!
congrats!
Thanks! It was the second week of September.WOOHOO! also curious when your interview was.
congrats!
Rejected today via email
Thanks! It was the second week of September.
how long did they tell you it was going to take to get a response? Just curious because I interviewed the third week of september and they told me it was going to take at least 6 weeks to make a decision but that would be really exciting if I heard earlier!
Mine took a month.how long did they tell you it was going to take to get a response? Just curious because I interviewed the third week of september and they told me it was going to take at least 6 weeks to make a decision but that would be really exciting if I heard earlier!
rejected today, good luck everyone!
Sorry to hear....best of luck for the rest of the cycle, and thanks for the best wishes.rejected today, good luck everyone!
What do you guys think about people who were completed mid July and haven’t heard back yet but were receptive to my update??
+1
they actually emailed to clarify a few things on my application in August (nothing major) and then complete silence.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same boat! Hoping to hear back soon. Good luckSorry to hear....best of luck for the rest of the cycle, and thanks for the best wishes.
When did you interview?Has anyone received a confirmation email after accepting their acceptance?
Interviewed September 15When did you interview?
Shoot me too, still haven't heard...Interviewed September 15
Hopefully you hear back soon!Shoot me too, still haven't heard...
for those of us still waiting to hear back pre-II, what does your portal say? mine says "your application is under consideration". i feel like this is a different message than when i was first marked complete?
for those of us still waiting to hear back pre-II, what does your portal say? mine says "your application is under consideration". i feel like this is a different message than when i was first marked complete?
Yeah it is different mine says,
"Your application documents are being processed.
You will be notified of status updates."
Yeah it is different mine says,
"Your application documents are being processed.
You will be notified of status updates."
did you already get a complete email? (the one that comes several weeks after submitting the secondary)
I have this too. Been complete for like 2 weeksfor those of us still waiting to hear back pre-II, what does your portal say? mine says "your application is under consideration". i feel like this is a different message than when i was first marked complete?
I had two traditional interviews. 1 staff and 1 student. Very laid backRecieved a II here awhile back. Does anyone know what the interview format is like?
I had one interview with a faculty and another with a clinician. There was a lot of waiting around between those and group sessions since my interviews were spread out (one AM and one PM). I believe they sent me an e-mail a week before with the exact times. I can agree that it was laid back overall, but the clinician I met was a little more Q&A, taking notes, stern etc. I think it varies between who you see.Recieved a II here awhile back. Does anyone know what the interview format is like?
Oh and if you are driving give yourself extra time to park... it took me forever to find a space in the garage! lol don't be late!
D
deleted870337
they said that they would give everyone an answer about six weeks out: accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. So I don't think silence is bad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True, just people who interviewed then have been accepted already...they said that they would give everyone an answer about six weeks out: accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. So I don't think silence is bad.
If you haven't heard any news ie WL, R, or A then I think you're still fine. They are probably just slacking and it's possible that some who interviewed after you "jumped you in line" for whatever reason but that doesn't mean you're out by any means.If I interviewed 9/15 and haven't heard back yet, does that mean that I likely won't get in?
Anyone receive acceptances/post-interview rejections yet?
And did you get them by email or snail mail?
And did you get them by email or snail mail?
I received an acceptance by email on Monday.Anyone receive acceptances/post-interview rejections yet?
And did you get them by email or snail mail?
Does this school accept updates? and if so, how do you send them?
Yea they do. Email at the somadmissions address. Make sure your update is "meaningful"Does this school accept updates? and if so, how do you send them?
do they email you back a confirmation? I emailed them a while back and they never emailed me anything back. thanks!Yea they do. Email at the somadmissions address. Make sure your update is "meaningful"
They should. If they didn't, give their office a call. One of the friendlier admissions offices, they've always told me "Yeah we received X document on Y date, sorry for not responding" like dam its like when you text future-bae and he/she don't respond, that's messed up D:do they email you back a confirmation? I emailed them a while back and they never emailed me anything back. thanks!
II! OOS (3.8+, 515+, ORM), complete in early Aug
Is anyone else still waiting to be complete?? I submitted the secondary 9/21, and I'm certain all my letters have been in for quite some time...
Is anyone else still waiting to be complete?? I submitted the secondary 9/21, and I'm certain all my letters have been in for quite some time...
Took me over a month to be complete. Not ideal, but theres nothing you can do about that.

II as well! submitted mid july, complete early august. OOS (LM ~72 on a retake)
O
ohopenyoureyes
I got an actual email letting me know my application was complete and would move into the consideration round
Did you get two emails? (1 for when your app was complete and 1 when your app went into the consideration round?)
Did you get two emails? (1 for when your app was complete and 1 when your app went into the consideration round?)
No just one email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! OOS (AZ), 3.95, 508. Complete early July.
Accepted via email today. Interviewed 9/29.
Accepted via email as well, interviewed October 3rd
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K