2017-2018 SUNY - Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this afternoon

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted yesterday!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like a ton of waitlist movement so far actually. Congrats to everyone and hopefully there’s a few more spots out there!

Reactions: 1 user
Please mention if you are IS or OOS, when you get accepted off the WL. Thank you !

@fantasticman21, @bt100... Thank you! I am OOS, wonder if any correlation to the acceptance sequence?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah the interviewed:matriculation ratio for OOS seems pretty small, I heard it’s like 80% IS... I wonder if OOS factors into your post interview score then. That would suck.

From past stats, I do see that IS/OOS ratio is about 80/20. IMHO that would go all the way to filling up the seats using WL candidates, so that the ratio is maintained... similar many other percentages that the colleges project in the MSAR stats.

Anybody know when financial aid stuff/more information starts to come?

I got an acceptance package a couple weeks after being accepted and financial aid came in a month after I submitted my fafsa. It might vary for later acceptees. Congratulations on your acceptance!

To those accepted, around what time did you guys receive your acceptance emails?

Anyone know where to find the fb group?

They reached out yesterday late afternoon

Accepted today off the waitlist, IS!

Reactions: 5 users
Slowly losing hope for buffalo, hopefully next week gives good news.

I emailed Mr. Rosso last week and he told me they expect waitlist turnover all the way up to August 6th. Which is the start of classes. Ugh
Ugh, don't know if thats good news or bad news. Im trying to get myself together to start reapplying... Anyways, thanks for the information!

Hey! Question to accepted students: Is a car much needed for getting around to any clinical sites during the first two years at this school? Or is the early clinical exposure going to be all within the Buffalo Niagara Campus?

Any waitlist movement this week so far?

Withdrew from the waitlist today. Good luck all!

Accepted earlier this week-- it's still moving!

Hey! Question to accepted students: Is a car much needed for getting around to any clinical sites during the first two years at this school? Or is the early clinical exposure going to be all within the Buffalo Niagara Campus?

For the CPM course during M1 and M2, you'll be rotating in clinics about 4 times per semester--some of these locations are only accessible via car! And from what I've heard it's randomized where you end up.

Just accepted this morning!! 1st and only interview/acceptance, so I'm ecstatic :D

Reactions: 8 users
Honestly, isn't most waitlist movement pretty much over by June? Don't they fill their classes? (I know there always still a chance until classes begin)

Honestly, isn't most waitlist movement pretty much over by June? Don't they fill their classes? (I know there always still a chance until classes begin)
I'm guessing a majority of their waitlist movement has occured. There may be a bit more but wont be as significant, still hoping for the best anyways.