2017-2018 University of Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! 505 MCAT, 3.7 cGPA, IS, complete mid September.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the website link loading for you?

The link in the interview and acceptance emails isn't formatted correctly. Just go to the secondary portal using the link from your secondary invite, there should be a tab for interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
The link in the interview and acceptance emails isn't formatted correctly. Just go to the secondary portal using the link from your secondary invite, there should be a tab for interview.
Thank you - have it pulled up now!

Last edited:
Thank you - have it pulled up now!
Pretty much every OU site was down for almost two hours from like 1:30-3:20 today, so that may have been why you were having trouble with it earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!! Had my interview yesterday! They asked some difficult questions, a few that caught me off guard. They really dig deep and ask a lot of follow-up questions. If anyone would like to know some of the questions I received, message me!

Here’s to hoping admission decisions go out tomorrow, a week after like they did for the first batch of interviews...

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony will be held?

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony will be held?

Orientation is August 15-17, August 17 is the White Coat Ceremony, August 21 is the first day of classes.

Accepted just now by email!!!!! OOS. Interviewed 11/19

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted!!! I’m ugly crying so hard. I interviewed yesterday

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted this morning! I'm so excited I LOVE OU! IS

Accepted this morning! :,) Interviewed 11/19, OOS. So thrilled!

Praises be, I'm accepted! Found out this morning, only accepted to OKC even though I interviewed with Tulsa as well.

It's a good day.

Edit: I was accepted to SCM. Definitely doing that route. Anyone else going to Tulsa?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got my II today! IS. Anybody have any advice??
All of the questions are based on the 9(?) core competencies required to be a physician as listed by the AAMC. I would review those competencies and just have a general idea of what you would talk about if asked about that characteristic. Other than that, just be friendly, speak clearly, and don’t ramble.

Since I am seeing a lot of people get accepted that interviewed around the same time or after me, should I assume I am waitlisted/rejected and start working to reapply?
Congrats to all those accepted! I hope to join you on the other side! :xf:

Since I am seeing a lot of people get accepted that interviewed around the same time or after me, should I assume I am waitlisted/rejected and start working to reapply?
Congrats to all those accepted! I hope to join you on the other side! :xf:
Nah, I wouldn't say that's true at all. I wasn't expecting to hear back until December. I'd still you're definitely still in the running. That said, go ahead and keep living life like you'll never get in so you'll be an even stronger applicant for next year just in case.

Accepted today for OKC and Tulsa!!! Interviewed 11/19 OKC & 11/20 SCM.

Nah, I wouldn't say that's true at all. I wasn't expecting to hear back until December. I'd still you're definitely still in the running. That said, go ahead and keep living life like you'll never get in so you'll be an even stronger applicant for next year just in case.
Thanks for the encouragement and word of advice! I guess that is really the only way to approach this anyway, not like worrying gets me anything. Even though its tough to avoid! :) :bang:

When I was at the interview days, they said the fall decisions for accept/hold/reject (for current interviewees) would be sent through before Christmas - and the last day they're in the office is Thursday, 12/21. Hope you'll hear by then!

When I was at the interview days, they said the fall decisions for accept/hold/reject (for current interviewees) would be sent through before Christmas - and the last day they're in the office is Thursday, 12/21. Hope you'll hear by then!
Thanks! Ya I remember them telling us that at my interviews, but seeing everyone else get accepted in my interview batch made me a little neurotic! Lol Congrats on the acceptance! :bow:

Hey guys! Late to the party but I got the acceptance email this morning at 10:07! I interviewed on 10/29. Congrats to everyone who got accepted, I can't wait to meet all of you if you guys decided to matriculate!!!

There was Jan 7/8 and 18th I believe! I signed up for the 8th!

Be sure to know how your life experiences affected you as a person and how it has influenced you to want to become a doctor or would make a great doctor. Every question they asked me had to be answered with some kind of experience.

So for people who interviewed for Tulsa, what kind of questions did they ask? I haven't prepared at all and I'm interviewing on Friday! BTW I've already done the OKC interview

So for people who interviewed for Tulsa, what kind of questions did they ask? I haven't prepared at all and I'm interviewing on Friday! BTW I've already done the OKC interview
The Tulsa SCM interviews were MUCH more relaxed than the main medical school interviews - and they will tell you the same thing when you get to the interview on Friday. There was very open conversation from the coordinators / MS1/MS2 tour guides about "the hard part is over" and "this will be much easier than this morning."

For me, it was more of a "getting to know you" to see if you understand and fit with the goals/mindset of the SCM. With all of that being said, you'll obviously still want to be on your A-game with professional attire, politeness, etc. - but you can relax knowing that this is not as intense as the main medical school interview.

is it too late to add this school now? OOS, 512, 3.9

You never know unless you try man. However, I will say that the interviews are into January now. From previous threads, OU ends their season in early February and decisions go out mid February.

Does anyone have a guesstimate for how many seats are left for the feb round of acceptances?

Is anyone else freaking out about another potential round of acceptances tomorrow? So far, OU has sent out a wave 1 week after an interview weekend, and tomorrow’s the day...

Nah... *checks this page every 30 minutes if acceptances were sent out*

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone please explain what is on the secondary application? I am trying to determine which application step(s) (other than the AMCAS app.) is involved with OU determining/verifying your instate/out of state status.

thanks!