2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II Lizzy M 71 IS Complete end of August. Wahoo! Dates end of January

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Interviewed mid October. Anybody get the invite for the accepted students Facebook group yet? Or am I the only still waiting on that?
accepted yesterday as well and still waiting on the FB invite!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what was everyone's impression of the school during interviews and presentations?

Reactions: 1 user
Where my silence since early july squad at

Reactions: 17 users
Any accepted students having trouble with the Facebook link in the email?

Do any of y'all know how the process behind Keck sending decisions post-interview? I interviewed in October but I have not heard a decision yet despite people interviewing later than me getting responses. I am just trying to figure out my fate :(

Where my silence since early july squad at
It looks like based off last years thread Keck sends out a HUGE wave of rejections in the first two weeks of december to those complete in July/Aug

ugh :/

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like based off last years thread Keck sends out a HUGE wave of rejections in the first two weeks of december to those complete in July/Aug

ugh :/

Well we got a month to see what IIs they have left.

I wish. They specifically are against it, as in it will definitely hurt you. You can add additional activities to the secondary additional info section but after the secondary is in it's best to keep shut.

Thanks for clarifying. Any thoughts on in the area emails?

Complete here since mid-July and nothing yet... they obviously send out lots of rejections but do they also do silent rejections?

Complete here since mid-July and nothing yet... they obviously send out lots of rejections but do they also do silent rejections?
If they send out lots of rejection, it would be safe to assume they don’t do silent rejections...

Reactions: 4 users
several people have posted indicating that if you were complete july/august and don't get an interview by the end of november then you're likely to get axed in early december, but there haven't been posts about anyone getting II's in two weeks so that seems like a weak conclusion.. anyone know if the same trend happened in past years? (complete mid July)

several people have posted indicating that if you were complete july/august and don't get an interview by the end of november then you're likely to get axed in early december, but there haven't been posts about anyone getting II's in two weeks so that seems like a weak conclusion.. anyone know if the same trend happened in past years? (complete mid July)

This conclusion is exactly based on the trend happening in past years. Sure you may not get rejected in December but there was also another rejection wave in January.

This conclusion is exactly based on the trend happening in past years. Sure you may not get rejected in December but there was also another rejection wave in January.
i meant the trend of big gaps in giving out interviews. no debate over those big rejection waves, just seems odd to not be giving out interviews for long stretches this year but that might have more to do with who bothers to post year to year etc.

i meant the trend of big gaps in giving out interviews. no debate over those big rejection waves, just seems odd to not be giving out interviews for long stretches this year but that might have more to do with who bothers to post year to year etc.
I've been very curious about this too and maybe it's just chance like you said, but all the other threads I watch have reported interviews much more consistently than Keck, which had a bunch early on in August but very few since then and it just seems weird. It would be nice if they sent out another II wave before the next rejections but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone hear decisions this week? The committee met on Monday, and we were told that decisions would be sent out ASAP after the meeting.

Rejected just now, complete 8/2. Nearing Thanksgiving with zero II still... anyone else in the same boat?! Or just me lol :cool:

Rejected just now, complete 8/2. Nearing Thanksgiving with zero II still... anyone else in the same boat?! Or just me lol :cool:
Haven't been rejected from here but on the same boat with no II's. Definitely not looking forward to all my family members asking questions during Thanksgiving dinner

In the same boat! Rejected just now, complete 7/16...all of that time gave me false hope

Rejected a few seconds ago. I'm going to copy the letter here so that you all know in advance. Subject line: Admissions Decision

Dear [Name],

We are grateful to you and to thousands of your colleagues across the country for applying to the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. Unfortunately, I am writing to tell you that you have not been chosen to interview this year. I still hope that your desire to be of service will be fulfilled.

We receive and evaluate a large number of well-qualified applicants each year. Due to limited time and resources we cannot provide feedback to you about our evaluation of your application. Should you have any questions, we strongly recommend that you consult with a pre-health adviser at your undergraduate or current school. The National Association of Advisers for the Health Professions (www.NAAHP.org) provides volunteer pre-health advisers for applicants that do not already have one.

On behalf of the faculty and students here at Keck, we thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to USC.

Sincerely,

Raquel D. Arias, M.D.

Associate Dean of Admissions,

Associate Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology

And so the great purge has begun....

Rejected a few seconds ago. I'm going to copy the letter here so that you all know in advance. Subject line: Admissions Decision

Dear [Name],

We are grateful to you and to thousands of your colleagues across the country for applying to the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. Unfortunately, I am writing to tell you that you have not been chosen to interview this year. I still hope that your desire to be of service will be fulfilled.

We receive and evaluate a large number of well-qualified applicants each year. Due to limited time and resources we cannot provide feedback to you about our evaluation of your application. Should you have any questions, we strongly recommend that you consult with a pre-health adviser at your undergraduate or current school. The National Association of Advisers for the Health Professions (www.NAAHP.org) provides volunteer pre-health advisers for applicants that do not already have one.

On behalf of the faculty and students here at Keck, we thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to USC.

Sincerely,

Raquel D. Arias, M.D.

Associate Dean of Admissions,

Associate Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology

Thanks for sharing this. Mind sharing your complete date?

still in the silent squad idk how I havent been rejected tho

Haven't been rejected from here but on the same boat with no II's. Definitely not looking forward to all my family members asking questions during Thanksgiving dinner

Same and same. Especially the Thanksgiving bit -_-