2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
rejected today sad

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that!! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?

I got the complete email on 8/15 I think. My gpa is low at 3.3 even tho I had a 3.7+ my final two years so that's probably why. I also had 515 mcat so who knows

They seem to interview a lot less than the average school just based on msar

I'm honestly just dying to hear ANYTHING from Wake at this point

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected also! Complete 8/15 too. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected as well. Losing hope for this cycle. Question- Medical schools typically do not provide feedback unless you have interviewed, correct?

damn complete early august an nothing. I thought this was a school I'd hear from sooner than later

Accepted off the waitlist, interviewed in September

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I never submitted my secondary but today I received a reminder that the deadline is next week. Given how my cycle is currently going, I am thinking to submit. Is it worth submitting at this point or would it only be a donation?

so jealous of everyone getting accepted off the waitlist. I LOVE this school and am sitting on the waitlist currently.

Congrats you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
so jealous of everyone getting accepted off the waitlist. I LOVE this school and am sitting on the waitlist currently.

Congrats you guys!

Keep grinding, Wake loves accepting people that love Wake! I’m sure if you have a true reason to choose Wake(sounds like you do) that will shine through in your LOI and they will appreciate that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Keep grinding, Wake loves accepting people that love Wake! I’m sure if you have a true reason to choose Wake(sounds like you do) that will shine through in your LOI and they will appreciate that.

Thanks for the encouragement!

For the people that were accepted off the waitlist, did you guys send in an additional LOI after the initial email reply to tell them that you still wanted to be considered? I replied to the email with my waitlist decision and added 1-2 sentences of interest. Should I send an actual LOI even though they've mentioned that they may not even review additional updates?

Rejected as well. Losing hope for this cycle. Question- Medical schools typically do not provide feedback unless you have interviewed, correct?

They will give feedback but not until you have been rejected from all the schools you have applied to. I got rejected in December last year and I asked them about feedback and they said to wait till I heard back from all schools. The feedback was helpful you can get either an email with your feedback or a phone call from someone in admissions. A lot of schools do feedback. I know I personally talked with four or five reps from different schools, and this cycle got accepted to a school I got feedback from last year.

For the people that were accepted off the waitlist, did you guys send in an additional LOI after the initial email reply to tell them that you still wanted to be considered? I replied to the email with my waitlist decision and added 1-2 sentences of interest. Should I send an actual LOI even though they've mentioned that they may not even review additional updates?

I replied with an update/letter of interest in PDF form.

That's up to you. Seems like an official letter of interest would show that you care about going to Wake more than 2 sentences in an email.

I replied with an update/letter of interest in PDF form.

That's up to you. Seems like an official letter of interest would show that you care about going to Wake more than 2 sentences in an email.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to send a separate LOI asap then. Thanks for the advice.

Did you address it to anyone in particular? Or was it still sent to the medadmit email?

Anyone know if there is a facebook page for accepted students?

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to send a separate LOI asap then. Thanks for the advice.

Did you address it to anyone in particular? Or was it still sent to the medadmit email?

Medadmit email

I don’t have my computer handy, but I think I addressed it to the medical admissions Committee - like “Dear Wake Forest SOM Admissions Committee,” etc. I actually had it ready to go before the interview as I had asked about when to send updates and it seemed better to wait and send one if I didn’t get in. So I probably sent it in within a half hour of receiving the email.

They will give feedback but not until you have been rejected from all the schools you have applied to. I got rejected in December last year and I asked them about feedback and they said to wait till I heard back from all schools. The feedback was helpful you can get either an email with your feedback or a phone call from someone in admissions. A lot of schools do feedback. I know I personally talked with four or five reps from different schools, and this cycle got accepted to a school I got feedback from last year.
Thank you for the reply! I had one more question. Don't you generally hear back from all schools very late in the cycle. Wouldn't the feedback be not as useful by then?

Thank you for the reply! I had one more question. Don't you generally hear back from all schools very late in the cycle. Wouldn't the feedback be not as useful by then?

Yeah that unfortunately is kinda the double edge sword with feedback. It was May before I was able to request my feedback, but some other schools may give you feedback earlier. If you have any additional schools you want feedback from I would just email or call the admissions offices at those schools and tell them the situation.

I think this may be the reason most schools advise waiting out a full cycle. It’s frustrating for sure! I had a good idea on my weaknesses as the cycle began, so I really worked on those starting in August. But there’s always a chance your ECs are good, but your writing could use some help. I feel like writing issues and MCAT scores are fixable without waiting a cycle, but low ECs may need a full year off. Best of luck - it’s a grueling process!

Last edited:
Yeah that unfortunately is kinda the double edge sword with feedback. It was May before I was able to request my feedback, but some other schools may give you feedback earlier. If you have any additional schools you want feedback from I would just email or call the admissions offices at those schools and tell them the situation.
So you recommend requesting other schools for an earlier feedback if the offer it?

I think this may be the reason most schools advise waiting out a full cycle. It’s frustrating for sure! I had a good idea on my weaknesses as the cycle began, so I really worked on those starting in August. But there’s always a chance your ECs are good, but your writing could use some help. I feel like writing issues and MCAT scores are fixable without waiting a cycle, but low ECs may need a full year off. Best of luck - it’s a grueling process!

I thought my ECs and stats were a good fit for this school. I also had a lot of help with writing. However, I was rejected by similarly ranked schools that I loved and applied to. Oh well, time to get back to the drawing board. I know I will make it, just not sure when now. Anyways, Thank you for the reply!

So you recommend requesting other schools for an earlier feedback if the offer it?

Yes because if you have may possibly have to reapply it could show any weaknesses you have from an admissions standpoint. Some may be a quick fix like describing experiences better in the application,which was one of my feedbacks or something that may take longer such as increased direct patient care experience etc.. I hope though that you do not have to worry about these things in the near future and get into a medical school you applied to!

@sachin123 - I think many people have the stats and the fit for the school and may get passed over for any number of reasons that might not necessarily have to do with the applicant. I have a similar issue with a private school in our state that is clearly not going to interview me (and I’m within stats and fit) yet I’ve had luck with higher ranked schools. The student I stayed with at Wake said she was rejected from all the schools in her stats and interviewed at three reaches. I have no idea how this process works!!

I know it's supposed to be a slight amount of waitlist movement in December, but does anyone else think they'll keep pulling others? Or was that just a one day thing?

For those accepted. Did you receive a response to your email accepting their offer?

I totally blanked when the offer came in so I emailed the next day - no response, yet, but I’ll call this week if I don’t hear back.

I know it's supposed to be a slight amount of waitlist movement in December, but does anyone else think they'll keep pulling others? Or was that just a one day thing?

Contact medadmit with questions like this. They are very responsive to inquiries it seems.

Sorry for the silly question, but for those who were accepted, who did you address your email to when you accepted the offer? Is there a particular way this needs to be phrased given that you can hold multiple acceptances? Thanks!

Sorry for the silly question, but for those who were accepted, who did you address your email to when you accepted the offer? Is there a particular way this needs to be phrased given that you can hold multiple acceptances? Thanks!

I didn't really address anybody, just said "Hi, I would like to accept my offer...etc." They reserved my spot so it must've worked lol.

Hmmm, I did not get a response. I will try calling on Monday. I just want to make sure that I reserve my spot.

I didn't. I called a week later, and they hadn't seen my response, so I needed to resend. I would call to confirm.

It was this week last year that Wake Forest had a massive rejection. It was horrifying.

It was this week last year that Wake Forest had a massive rejection. It was horrifying.
Yeah I noticed this too. But they've been doing things differently compared to last year. There were a decent amount of rejections last week so perhaps there won't be a huge wave this year. Or maybe just not this week. Or maybe they'll give out a huge wave of II's. Who's to say?

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah I noticed this too. But they've been doing things differently compared to last year. There were a decent amount of rejections last week so perhaps there won't be a huge wave this year. Or maybe just not this week. Or maybe they'll give out a huge wave of II's. Who's to say?

I like your thinking!

Bit unrelated but I was accepted here a while back and was wondering if anyone knew where the gym was and how nice it is?

Bit unrelated but I was accepted here a while back and was wondering if anyone knew where the gym was and how nice it is?

There is a ymca in the bottom floor of the building attached to the med school, it is nice— but you’d have to be a member there. There are gyms in the apartment complexes that surround the med school that are nice as well.

Inside the old med school (hospital campus) there is a small and rather old student gym that you could use for free.

There is a ymca in the bottom floor of the building attached to the med school, it is nice— but you’d have to be a member there. There are gyms in the apartment complexes that surround the med school that are nice as well.

Inside the old med school (hospital campus) there is a small and rather old student gym that you could use for free.

Students get a decent discount at the YMCA.

Also, there's some mom & pop gyms that are pretty decent with more specialized equipment, say, if bumper plates is your thing.