-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wayne State University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Someone commented that last year they said they would interview 1,000 students and they only ended up interviewing 750. This year they are saying the same thing, let's hope it's not the case because that greatly diminishes the odds of getting picked.
According to last years interview tracker they ended up interviewing 884 students or somewhere around there. I initially thought it was 750 too because of msar.
I think people are confusing Interviews with interview invites. I believe their target is approximately 1000 interview invites, not actual interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think people are confusing Interviews with interview invites. I believe their target is approximately 1000 interview invites, not actual interviews.
That’s true, I’m assuming they interview around 900 students this year and are accepting around 550 students, making the post interview acceptance rate 61%. The fact that they have already accepted 256 students (until around December 10th when the interview tracker was last updated) scares me to death since I have been waitlisted since 10/17
Also don't give up hope as the year progresses. We had a student get acceptance from wait list 2 days after orientation started. If you interviewed at Wayne there is something special about your application, so congratulations. They are very specific about who they are looking for and an invite is an indication that there is something unique (not gpa/score) about your application.
The thing about being accepted after orientation is that a lot of us have back up plans, perhaps even D.O schools. I can imagine signing a one year lease, paying the deposit, waiting for my loans to be disbursed and all of a sudden finding out that Wayne State has a spot for me. That would be....
I think people are confusing Interviews with interview invites. I believe their target is approximately 1000 interview invites, not actual interviews.
I interviewed a couple of months ago and they said this year they wanted to interview 1,000 applicants. In fact, I wrote It down on a piece of paper along with other stats they provided.
Just randomly looked at my financial aid info and it said my estimated cost of attendance was only 1,120$ and tuition was only 1$. This happen to anyone else?
Where are you even seeing financial aid info? I haven’t gotten any info about itJust randomly looked at my financial aid info and it said my estimated cost of attendance was only 1,120$ and tuition was only 1$. This happen to anyone else?
Where are you even seeing financial aid info? I haven’t gotten any info about it
Login into academia (login.wayne.edu) using the wayne email credentials. Then go to student resources, then the financial aid tab.
Does Wayne State allow for update letters?
They do, I asked the admissions' office. Just upload it on your portal!Does Wayne State allow for update letters?
Lol yeah that's what it's supposed to mean
I've been in review since July [emoji51][emoji28]
Also been in review for a couple months since I submitted my app... unfortunately don't think it means anything lol
According to last years interview tracker they ended up interviewing 884 students or somewhere around there. I initially thought it was 750 too because of msar.
Where can you see their interview tracker?
It's here on the admissions website Admissions - School of Medicine - Wayne State UniversityWhere can you see their interview tracker?
Anyone have an idea of the when the next adcom meeting is?
My best guess is that it will be sometime around the 18th or 19th of this month based on previous meetings and the holiday season but it's only a guess at this point. Sorry!Anyone have an idea of the when the next adcom meeting is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck to those still waiting to hear! I thought I would share the Class of 2022 facebook page here again since its been a while since anyone posted it. Log into Facebook | Facebook
Has anyone received the criminal background check thing yet?
Yupp! Did it a couple of days ago.Has anyone received the criminal background check thing yet?
I haven’t gotten anything yet 🙁 it’s through AMCAS, and not Wayne, right? So I can just contact AMCAS?Yupp! Did it a couple of days ago.
EDIT: Just called Certiphi directly and they re-sent the email. 🙂
Last edited:
Got the email from Certiphi today around noon!
Glad you sorted it out! My actual check took ~2 days. Just received an email asking me to look over and okay the release of the report.I haven’t gotten anything yet 🙁 it’s through AMCAS, and not Wayne, right? So I can just contact AMCAS?
EDIT: Just called Certiphi directly and they re-sent the email. 🙂
Do we get the criminal background check if we’ve been waitlisted too or is it just for accepted students? Anybody who’s been waitlisted receive one?
Waitlisted. Nothing here.Do we get the criminal background check if we’ve been waitlisted too or is it just for accepted students? Anybody who’s been waitlisted receive one?
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but it seems like all the IIs went out in August and then not much since then lolAny recent interview invites or should I accpet the loss?
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but it seems like all the IIs went out in August and then not much since then lol
Yeaaaaaaa I kinda figured.
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but it seems like all the IIs went out in August and then not much since then lol
Yeaaaaaaa I kinda figured.
I didn't get my II until late November.
Did anyone else receive an email saying something about how your application is still under review and interviews will continue to be given out through to mid-February? I'm not sure if this is a positive email or if it's a nice way of saying I was rejected haha. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what Wayne's major scholarship awards criteria are? Are they only given to students with multiple acceptances as a means of recruitment?
I didn't yet </3Did anyone else receive an email saying something about how your application is still under review and interviews will continue to be given out through to mid-February? I'm not sure if this is a positive email or if it's a nice way of saying I was rejected haha. Thanks!
Was this sent to your regular email or their weird personal email (which I haven't tried to set up yet because I assumed it was for admitted students only)?
I didn't yet </3
Was this sent to your regular email or their weird personal email (which I haven't tried to set up yet because I assumed it was for admitted students only)?
I received it to my personal email! I've been complete since July so I feel like it's basically a courtesy email probably with no meaning. Although I'd love an interview, I received an interview last year (one of the first interviews they gave out in August 2016) and was waitlisted right until after class started this year, and haven't gotten an interview this year. I'm Canadian too so that might make things a bit more complicated...
Did anyone else receive an email saying something about how your application is still under review and interviews will continue to be given out through to mid-February? I'm not sure if this is a positive email or if it's a nice way of saying I was rejected haha. Thanks!
They are going to send out interview invites until mid-February, so every time they send the next wave of invites, your application will be considered unless they decide to flat out reject you. Since they haven't rejected you, there is still a chance you will be invited.
Do they do pre-II rejections?They are going to send out interview invites until mid-February, so every time they send the next wave of invites, your application will be considered unless they decide to flat out reject you. Since they haven't rejected you, there is still a chance you will be invited.
I don't think so. From what I've been told, they don't send out rejections until the end of the cycle?Do they do pre-II rejections?
Any idea what the most recent complete date was of an II?I don't think so. From what I've been told, they don't send out rejections until the end of the cycle?
No idea, sorry 🙁Any idea what the most recent complete date was of an II?
Do they do pre-II rejections?
I got a pre-II rejection email in November
I did not get that email... This happened at another school - bunch of people got the "still under review" email but I didn't; I just got the R later that day. If I had to guess, I'd say getting the email is a good sign that you're legitimately still under review.Did anyone else receive an email saying something about how your application is still under review and interviews will continue to be given out through to mid-February? I'm not sure if this is a positive email or if it's a nice way of saying I was rejected haha. Thanks!
Sorry, I got it mixed up. They do pre-II rejections, but they don't send out post-II rejections until the end of the application cycle.Do they do pre-II rejections?
Someone said according to last years thread, people might hear back this Friday. No one knew for sure though, but hopefully, that is accurate!Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is this month?
Guys has anyone interviewed this January and can share with us when they said they would inform you of a decision?
Do they do pre-II rejections?
My bad! From everything I have heard of thus far, they don't reject until the very end. The only thing would be that if you haven't interviewed yet and interview season has passed, then you could assume a rejection. At this point however, it's too early.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not get that email... This happened at another school - bunch of people got the "still under review" email but I didn't; I just got the R later that day. If I had to guess, I'd say getting the email is a good sign that you're legitimately still under review.
I didn't get that email either. This also happened at another school for me, but instead I got the "still under review" email several times before getting a rejection letter.
But looking back at how Wayne sent secondary app invites to people who were already accepted, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. It may just be another technical issue.
Very true; their systems seem to be a little klugy. Like putting IIs on the portal but not emailing people... [checks portal - nope, still not invited].It may just be another technical issue.
I called to see when the next adcom meeting will be. Dawn said they already met this month and sent out decisions and the next one should be mid February.
That is exactly what I was thinking... When she said it, I repeated it just to clarify cause it seems very unlikely. I feel like there would have been at least one person posting their acceptance here.Thanks for calling! But that’s so weird... it seems unlikely that if decisions were released, nobody here would have reported in. Maybe they’ve met but the decisions haven’t posted online yet?
Current second-year student just dropping in to welcome those who have been accepted and to encourage those wait-listed to keep hope. I interviewed in December and was accepted in April.